Diablo® III

If you start with flawless square gems...

Is it worth crafting them all the way to radiant star? Or am I spend more money crafting than selling the final product?
Reply Quote
http://www.d3rawr.com/gem

Plug in your costs and find out.

In hardcore I can buy the materials and make a very small profit. Not enough to make it worth the effort. Tomes are the expense as flawless gems are still fairly cheap.
Reply Quote
Back around 1.04 - 1.05 I made a lot of gold off using squares and tomes to upgrade up to stars and selling those. Back then with the prices it was at least 70k per star for profit. Now that may not seem like a lot now but prices are still similar the only difference between now and then is that squares are a bit more expensive.

also note that the radiant star emeralds are now below 20mil, I checked last night and every other gem was worth more than an emerald.

The best way to turn it around into profit, at least as I have before is to start with squares and go to stars, get some profit then start to play the market. Once you understand when prices will go up and down and what gems are worth more then you can start to go into the higher costing gems.

Again it may work better if you just go all out but I know in the past starting small and going up slowly has worked for me
Reply Quote
Back around 1.04 - 1.05 I made a lot of gold off using squares and tomes to upgrade up to stars and selling those. Back then with the prices it was at least 70k per star for profit. Now that may not seem like a lot now but prices are still similar the only difference between now and then is that squares are a bit more expensive.

also note that the radiant star emeralds are now below 20mil, I checked last night and every other gem was worth more than an emerald.

The best way to turn it around into profit, at least as I have before is to start with squares and go to stars, get some profit then start to play the market. Once you understand when prices will go up and down and what gems are worth more then you can start to go into the higher costing gems.

Again it may work better if you just go all out but I know in the past starting small and going up slowly has worked for me

So at which level of star gems(flawless, perfect or radiant) can I get the most profit? I have over 300 topaz perfect square gems. At which level should I sell them?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]