Diablo® III

800 res too much + 5k armor? Need advice mp10

Hello Italian monk here,
here is my profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/profile/Ashard-2949/hero/5787111

What do you think about 800 all res / 5k armor? Is it enough? Too much res? I see a lot of monks here play with 500 res, how can u do mp10 that way?
I got 100kk atm and I'm struggling on what to change, I would like to reach 170k dps but it seems impossible to do it without losing EHP/Mit, what would u do in my place?
ty

Ashard
Edited by Ashard#2949 on 5/5/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Keep crafting amulets, that looks like the easiest thing you could beat right now and even if you lost the arcane resist on it you would be fine.
Reply Quote
maybe a nat ring/boots combo. that extra cc is huge, especially if you can get a ring with average damage (xx-yy) AND crit chance.

I can do mp 10 with some difficulty depending on elites, but I have 240kdps and 620 AR( with cold OWE). the more damage, the quicker mobs die, le less AR you need
Reply Quote
check my stats; <500 AR, but high HP and elite reduction from Litany -- I run AC2 and KD2 all day and night with few problems (AKA deaths :p )

Basically, about 550-600k eHP is enough... for me anyway
Reply Quote
High mitigation is a hard but not impossible path, being above 92% overall damage reduction means you can gain life with a single 3% life steal weapon against reflect packs. Just in the past couple of days i finally climbed over 800AR and im not looking back.
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Solo
High mitigation is a hard but not impossible path, being above 92% overall damage reduction means you can gain life with a single 3% life steal weapon against reflect packs. Just in the past couple of days i finally climbed over 800AR and im not looking back.

something's wrong with your amulet. it's too good.
Reply Quote
I thought something was wrong too when I was going through the batch it came from and behold, ALL GREEN NUMBERS with the DPS being +37k :D

Your amulet is also very nice, less than perfect crit chance but it looks like you got a double dmg modifier.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't know where the F you guys get your info from, but 800 All Res with 5000 Armor is f'ing over kill with dual LS (5+).

I have no issues with MP10 Siege running 450 All Res, 5000 Armor. Granted, my dps isn't typical, but scale accordingly.

As far as gear goes, the first thing that stands out is you're missing the Nats boots and ring for the crit bonus.

Try to get Avg Dam on both your rings, along with Crit and if you can IAS. The amulet slot can hold up to 100 Crit Dam, I would focus on getting as much Crit Dam as you can in that slot along with crit and Avg Dam. Witching Hour can roll up to 200 Dex, find a better one in your budget. With dual LS, I'm not sure you need the mitigation from the Litany, find a dps replacement ring.

Start there, work one slot at a time.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 5/6/2013 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ty guys!
Sincerely i like my boots cause they increase my dps (8% poison damage) with my weapons and they are not expansive like an ice climber with speed movement. The only way to change it is nat ring/boots combo but i think my dps will not increase so much.
I think i have to change my gold ring with another one with more offensive affixes (maybe a unity), and one of my weapon.
Anyway i wouldn't go under 700 all res(and now i have 808)-5k armor-50k life for to play MP 10 but i would like to do that with 200k dps!
Reply Quote

Anyway i wouldn't go under 700 all res(and now i have 808)-5k armor-50k life for to play MP 10 but i would like to do that with 200k dps!

I also have 808AR :D

5285 armor and 46khp

But I have 280k DPS and I like it this way for not having to swap out my non-life steal EF against reflect packs.
Reply Quote
View profile
OK...just to let you know, I was doing MP10 Ubers with 550 All Res and 200K Unbuffed dps with 5+ LS.

Don't be a chicken @#%^, and try something for yourself before you assume will it work or not. Remember, it's a video game, some people are better at it than others. So if your gaming skills suck, dps and mitigation isn't going to help you out much at all. If you're gaming skills are good, you can get away with certain things in the game.

Case in point, I rolled a WW barb at the beginning. Got bored very fast. I was able to solo MP Ubers no issues what so ever, I could take on 3 elites packs and just face roll them. One day, my cousin comes over, and sees me doing it. He loved it, so he went out, got the game, I gave him all my gear to try out and he couldn't for the life of him get a handle on how to keep WW up. No matter how much I tried to help, he couldn't do it.

You get my drift?
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 5/6/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
HERP DERP!?!

Not sure who you're talkin to IpawnU, Just so we're clear tho, HIGHER MITIGATION ALLOWS FOR LESS LIFE STEAL REQUIREMENT and vice versa, lower mitigation means more life steal is required.
Reply Quote
View profile
HERP DERP!?!

Not sure who you're talkin to IpawnU, Just so we're clear tho, HIGHER MITIGATION ALLOWS FOR LESS LIFE STEAL REQUIREMENT and vice versa, lower mitigation means more life steal is required.

Not you...relax. We posted exactly at the same time. Hence why I run lower mitigation and higher LS than you.

I just got sick of weapon swapping. I do have an itch to get a nice EF for kicks though, which should put me closer to 350K once I replace my Nats ring.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 5/6/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IpawnU how you have 2 the same weapon?
Reply Quote
View profile
They're duped. How else.
Reply Quote
Can ipawn make a guide on how to dupe?
Reply Quote
man oh man do I not feel any love on this forum :p it's a game, relax.

I prefer high as feasible DPS, moderate mitigation (88-90%), and at least 3% LS. meaning I'm 270k sheet dps, 660k eHP, 3%LS and I do just fine on MP10... I do use some defensive skills (serenity) mind you, but I have fun doing it.

so serious on this forum, honestly!

Sadly the best forum (wiz) is just full of people quitting ATM so make some SNS buddies when you can and let's rock the !@#$ out of 108!!

hao bu hao???
DETH
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]