Diablo® III

Glasscanon clan ^^ (GLASS IS CLASS)

I've been doing Windforce builds lately, and I've gone rather glass, but I've found some great builds with it that actually maintain and even increase my survivability.

My D.Progress: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/gonetomorrow-1483/Caecilius/14492498

My unbuffed DPS varies from about 200 - 300k depending on gear, hence the glassiness to keep the DPS high. :)

Good skill combos I've found using Windforce (all tested in A3 MP10):

1. High damage, good Knockback Proc'ing
Hungering Arrow w/Cinder or Devouring Arrow (both have decent proc rates)
Rapid Fire w/High Velocity or Withering Fire
Spike Traps w/Scatter (also decent proc)
Vault w/Tumble
Shadow Power w/Gloom
Preparation w/Gloom
Steady Aim, Archery, and Custom Engineering

That build keeps almost every enemy at distance, with the exception of yellow bosses (immune to KB), and with 6 mines, kills quickly. No need for Hatred and Disc. buffs since the WF regen's Hatred Quickly and Disc. use is reduced.

2. Slowing, Super Distancing Build
Entangling Shot w/Heavy Burden (highest proc of all primary skills)
Rapid Fire w/Webshot
Spike Traps w/Scatter (also decent proc)
Vault w/Tumble
Shadow Power w/Gloom
Preparation w/Gloom
Steady Aim, Archery, and Cull the Weak

With this build, I'm able to keep enemies at even more of a distance, though without HA's seeking not as many targets are knocked back. The good thing about this build is that even yellow bosses are vulnerable to slow, and very useful against fast/extra fast leets. Using those three passives give me a total +50 bonus to damage (20% + 15% + 15%).

So as I said, glassiness is necessary to keep the damage up, and I do get one-shot very easily (often with Teleporting or Mortars), but with these two builds my survivability is better than my Manticore 350k - 450k build.

Glass is good! :D
Reply Quote
<3 FLIGHT, that's how dh should be playing
Reply Quote
FEAR HUNTER.. Hmm.. I've recently bought a Fear Star of Azkaranth(?) for 15k >_> Gave it to my Scoundrel. LOL

So far.. I've tried Frozen Arrow.. will also try Screaming Skulls. Problem with Skulls is that it pierces but doesn't have much AoE presence :(

Anyone tried EA-No Rune and Cinder with Magefist? Because Frostbourne helps with Frozen Arrow.. maybe that'll help too in some sense?

Echoing fury on the enchantress as well. haha. If you use windforce with cinder arrow plus screaming skulls .. they will never touch you .. Skulls don't need to be spammed. you only need to hit the target that's in your face to get him to back off.. then lay down traps before he gets back ..
Reply Quote
(>^^)> being glassy is being sexy
Reply Quote
My armor is a bit over 4k (4066) but my AR and Vit are below the threshold.

http://d3up.com/b/818732/vayne for my unbuffed stats.
Reply Quote
My armor is a bit over 4k (4066) but my AR and Vit are below the threshold.

http://d3up.com/b/818732/vayne for my unbuffed stats.

Works with me, as long as u work on keeping the armor below the requirements :D

Register here :)

http://glasscanonbuild.ihostinghq.com/register

BTW it is an obligation to be accepted in the clan ;)

Use ur gamertag as username
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 7/1/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
checked my email and so that I got in XD haha.
Reply Quote
Cant wait to join in as well. Looks interesting. Currently my DH is having quite high AR and Vit, because of that my dps is quite low, was planning to increase my dps(obviously decreasing AR and vit like crazy) and still see how to survive, and stumble upon this thread.....my call has been answered!!!
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Heroguy
Cant wait to join in as well. Looks interesting. Currently my DH is having quite high AR and Vit, because of that my dps is quite low, was planning to increase my dps(obviously decreasing AR and vit like crazy) and still see how to survive, and stumble upon this thread.....my call has been answered!!!

sry but i cant accept you in til you meet the requirements :) but once u do, post back here !
Reply Quote
With my pursuit of high APS Sentry build.. I was able to sneak into here without a problem.
Reply Quote
Flight am I still a member? Even though I took a break lol
Reply Quote
Yep ure still registered
Reply Quote
Most of us arent playing much lately tho, its summer and ppl have much more to do
Reply Quote
hello , i ve just star my dh , after try with calamy i love it but have many things so confuse , pls help me.
if we add ruby gem ,% dmg in weapon is important right . So good calamy is 45%+ .. or ..:(
i buoght 1 with 41% is it ok
Reply Quote
It's needed.. The higher it is, the better.

I recently bought a 1.1k DPS OS Calamity with 50% Weapon damage for 7mil. I think I paid enough.. even cheaper.. dunno really :)
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Just a shout out guys/gals I really appreciate what you do here! Took a little time to link some knowledge in the Monk forum :)
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]