Diablo® III

Patch 1.08 for Aus/NZ players

The patch content is nothing compared to the bug that was introduced...

Blizzard think they can figure out which accounts used the dupe - yes probably.

Blizzard think they can figure out how those accounts bought items with duped money, traded/dropped/offloaded items to other accounts/friends - I highly doubt it.

There is no confidence in the D3 Currency right now, I do not even want to play the new patch even though I was in PTR and was looking forward to Act 1 runs when I came home just now..

Sounds like it is midnight over in the US and the D3 dev team have made a tired late night decision to not roll back... The aftershocks of that decision will ring very loud soon enough I feel..

What is the bet that the 1.09 itemisation patch becomes the band aid fix for the 1.08 issue.
- new top tier of items introduced
- all of them are BOA
- new currency introduced
- etc etc

I love Diablo 3.. but I am really not happy about what has gone down today and the final decision to not roll back..
Edited by CheehC#6200 on 5/8/2013 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
CheehC: Everything you do ingame is logged, every purchase, every trade. It will be easy for them to trace duped gold.

As for the patch, I'm enjoying it so far, but really with the mob density was for all difficulties. Ping seems normal for me which is surprising since I'm having net issues.
Reply Quote
Narull: The bug was live for 4-5 hours, then there was another 4-5 hours to do as many money laundering techniques as possible..it will be very difficult to see what accounts were part of the money/item laundering who did not actually use the bug/exploit.

If player A dupes then drops 1b gold on the ground in game and player B picks it up - is that logged?
Similarly, if Player A dupes then buys item then drops on ground in game, player B picks it up - is that logged?
What if the above is repeated 10 times A drops to B, B drops to C etc etc

Is player Bs account subject to using exploitative behaviour? Note they did not use the exploit and it is very difficult to prove that B was money laundering and not just doing an ingame trade...
Reply Quote
What about those people who posted !@#$ty %^- items worth 5k and sold it for billions cause that idiot on stream went full retard and bought so many things for 2b is that gold just going to keep floating around?
And those gem flippers who sold hundreds maybe thousands of gems for 200m+ a piece?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
CheehC: Yep it's all logged, gold can't be dropped for one so that isn't an issue, as for items they all have a unique ID.

For the game I used to work on in our server tools we had an option to click on or search for an items ID, it would then give a page which showed EVERYTHING from when the item was created and how(crafted/monster drop etc) to all trades, sales, if it was dropped it would show the cords and map that it was dropped at then who picked it up, didn't matter how many times it was done.

Now if a smaller Korean game company has that kind of system and when I worked for them it was almost 8 years ago do you honestly think blizzard don't have better?

Now as for banning everyone yes that's harder, say I duped gold then gave it to you. Seeing I did something wrong I'd expect blizz to bad me, trade the gold and remove it from you or whoever else you gave it to, but you may not have known it was duped so you wouldn't get banned.

Seriously the forums are up in arms about this, but while it will be a big job for blizz trust me it is very easy to track things.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
What about those people who posted !@#$ty %^- items worth 5k and sold it for billions cause that idiot on stream went full retard and bought so many things for 2b is that gold just going to keep floating around?
And those gem flippers who sold hundreds maybe thousands of gems for 200m+ a piece?

Items will be returned and gold removed I'd say, I'm not 100% on what blizz will be doing in these cases but again seeing that someone duped gold is easy, then seeing every purchase he made is easy as well so just undo all those purchases.
Reply Quote
Roll back patch ASAP!
Reply Quote
Disappointed there was no rollback. Good luck chasing all that gold down, even if it doesn't have much of a physical impact, the perception that it has will cause more damage.
Reply Quote
I have been disappointed even before the patch is applied. Yesterday I was disconnected about 10 minutes before the scheduled shut down, then today I woke up to find that my reported broken achievements are still broken while those at StarCraft II were fixed, and all this mess about gold exploits. The economy has crashed, just close down the auction house indefinitely.
Reply Quote
while the keywarden auto grouping thing is a good idea in principle....

I did four runs last night - one of them the keywarden was already dead - on two of them - as soon as I got in, the keywarden was killed - no chance to get NV stacks... waste of time....

Perhaps players should be grouped into a holding pattern until four are waiting - then a game starts so that all are at the same point and can be more of a team effort

I had a few issues with lag and also e/g blizzard notices came up pretty late... I did like the symbols above player flags at town and map marking.
Reply Quote
As a returning HC player (after some time off to catch up on my life) I must say I am finding the patch quite good actually.

Loving the Book of Caine as I found it being a pain to ID items one-by-one.

The crafting tweaks are awesome, especially for gem crafting on a bigger scale, very nice touch.

Also loving the tweak to Archon for the Wiz where team mates can contribute to the cooldown timer. As a starter wiz it helps heaps.

I did however encounter the Act1 keywarden on Hell difficulty, which I thought can only happen in Inferno now? ("All Keywardens will now only appear in Inferno difficulty") Took a screenshot anyway that I will send on to Bliz.
Edited by ReaVer#6327 on 5/8/2013 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yesterday night connection was bad, had lag spikes which could go from 280 ms to 2k ms
Edited by jtcdgroup#6797 on 5/8/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
back on topic, i'm loving the density in all acts now, very nice... but for:

Wizard:
I think there needs to be a cancel archon button or something, because it's very easy to keep archon up permanently either solo or in a team, so something like cancelling archone to rebuff then popping archon again would be nice.

gameplay:
alt no longer displays item name for extended period of time after press, it only highlights when you press adn you need to keep alt pressed to keep items names highlighted on ground, i have tried all options for this but they are all the same. I think another player has already mentioned this in another thread.
Edited by Amos#6777 on 5/8/2013 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@amos
Pretty sure you can cancel archon by right clicking (i think right click) on the buff icon. I know ive done it to activate armor buff when it has run out. This was pre-patch though.
Ill have to add you (or you add me) for HC runs. Dont have enough HC friends to run with.

I did a couple clears with my monk in act 1 MP1 just to test the density. I loved it. Could keep up sweeping wind through all of fields. The ID all is best feature :p yet to try crafting yet. Trying to build up more supplies and level a new HC wiz.
Reply Quote
Performance issues on my side:
- Increased lag spikes. Last night on public ~300ms +, a bit better on solo
- Rubber bandig, ghosting.., you name it. Running the same spot 2-3 times, never had it before.

- I love ID All, thanks for that
- Density changes gives much more action to the gameplay. No more free walking, keeps you busy all the time. Went through A2 as a bulldozer clearing sanctuary. Good for paragon leveling too. I wish to have extra option to select "density level"
- Extra % on exp seems work too, gained 3 plvl just doing A2 in a group
- Crafting without taking ingredients from stash saves time, but seems illogical to me. In real life you can't ask tailor to make suit from your own material if you didn't bring it, lol

I'm feeling positive with 1.0.8 even problems with AH. Hope you'll get over it Blizzard, keep working guys and all the best.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Technical issues: rubberbanding in WW mode is back (not lag related); sometimes stuck in one spot for no apparent reason; primary attack not hitting (no damage or fury generation observed); bad lag spikes (am patient enough to wait and see if it is typical new patch lag). I'm going to try and capture these issues tonight.

Pros: new crafting features and ID all is great; love the new co-op features, especially new bonuses; mob density appears to be well balanced and, for me, makes the game more entertaining; new social features are nice, but not all that exciting.

Cons: apart form the AH SNAFU, I think the co-op notification for goblins needs to be changed so that it is triggered when the goblin is within a certain vicinity of a player - by the time someone has attacked the goblin it is too late to organise the party, so we end up using the old system ("g" or "gob" in party chat).

These are just first impressions as I haven't tried everything, but it's a nice change. But I hope that some new content comes in the next patch or two, such as itemisation, new quests or special events.
Reply Quote
So far I am happy with patch, ID all and crafting with items in stash makes for smoother play.
Monster density has improved play and seems to have helped drops.
Found 7 legs and 1 set for 7 brimstones. Not sure about set item (Chantodos Will 1037 dps)
Was looking forward to AH equipped tips to help me update, never got to see it.
Reply Quote
I have to eat some humble pie here.... Back when IAS was nerfed I raged at blizz in my mind they were evil and only wanted to steal my fun! I swore never to play again......

but I must say great job on 1.08 , I'm really enjoying it! sorry for doubting you guys!
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 11:05 PMPosted by nugar
I'm not overly impressed with the 1.08 patch, seeing as it's only Inferno that's affected, how about doing something for the rest of the boring difficulties seeing as we HAVE to do them to get to Inferno. Or just get rid of Normal, Nightmare and Hell, start everyone on level 60 and Inferno, as that's the only level that seems to be worth doing any way.

Too true, why chose to make changes that only affect Inferno with monster dentisty?
Its the same choice as NV.. why was that limite to lvl 60? Think of us HC players!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]