163 Contestants

Average Estimate

Max Estimate

Min Estimate

FINAL ANSWER

AH transactions: http://i.imgur.com/R78T5bf.jpg

THE WINNER IS

Shyam#1291

...With an estimate of 740,000,000 gold!

Shyam, please respond to my friend request by 11:59 p.m. to claim your prize.

Thank you all for participating! If Shyam does not respond, I will contact the runner-up at midnight.

Also here: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/93441-contest-free-archon-set-come-play/

With all these "giveaways" going on, I decided to play my part and put together an Archon set with the following stats:

At paragon 0 (meaning fresh level 60 wizard):

216,564 unbuffed DPS
319,281 unbuffed EHP

294,197 DPS buffed with Force Weapon, Sparkflint, Pinpoint Armor
328,945 DPS buffed with the above and also Glass Cannon

715 unbuffed resistances to all elements (644 with Glass Cannon)
3,372 unbuffed armor (3,034 with Glass Cannon)

Fully buffed (including Glass Cannon) when in Archon form:

328,945 DPS
515,438 EHP (594,679 with dodge)

Other specifics:
HP: 47,132
Damage reduction: 85.24% (83.27% with Glass Cannon)
Life steal: 2.6%
Life per kill: 1,655
Movement speed: 24%

http://d3up.com/b/563505

Now with all that out of the way, here are the items in question that provide those stats:

http://i.imgur.com/YuOTJZK.jpg

Mempo of Twilight, Vile Ward, Tal Rasha's Allegiance, Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit, rare bracers, rare gloves, rare ring, Zunimassa's Pox, Zunimassa's Trail, The Witching Hour, Inna's Temperance, rare sword, Triumvirate

Gear demonstration on MP8 (bear in mind I'm PL100); will still be easy mode on MP6-7:
http://youtu.be/t1rhq_Lp0Is

- still uploading/rendering

So who's going to get all of these items (gems included), absolutely free?

Free.

Completely free.

Who?

The one who makes the closest guess to what I spent to put together this set (without gems).

What is this set, with all 13 items, worth in total?

I don't want to know what the Mempo is specifically worth, or the Triumvirate. Tell me collectively what everything is worth. This is a great way for newer players (or lazy players) to practice price-checking via the AH. What better way to progress than to do and learn things yourself?

I overpaid a little on some items, but managed great deals on others, so the number should be fairly "market level." Closest number wins. I have a screenshot of my AH history as proof when the time comes.

To be eligible:

- No purchase necessary
- North American server
- One guess only, but you are free to edit your "guess" post.
- You must main a wizard, e.g. most of your play time should be logged on your wizard compared to the other four classes. This is not for people "converting" to a wizard solely for this contest. I will judge based on profile, kills, gear and paragon level, but you can argue against me/attempt to convince me if you wish and I'll look further.
- You must have a fresh wizard, not a paragon 100 one crawling around Inferno.
- You must have <40,000 elite kills in your total play history (I can adjust this number according to my own discretion).
- You must be an active wizard and not a loser :)
- You must use this set yourself (i.e. do not give the set to your needy friend).
- You must not sell this set for profit. I will keep track of your battletag and I will be watching you and the items via DiabloProgress and D3up. Don't mess with my generosity. When the time comes and you want to upgrade individual pieces, I will understand. Point is to use and learn from the gear set.

EXPIRES ON FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2013 - 10 p.m. EST (barring an unforeseen world catastrophe).

I reserve the right to change the rules of eligibility at any point in time. Sorry for inconveniences.

Also my friends list is hovering around 97, 98/100. So please don't add me unless it's unrelated to this event and you actually have something important to tell me. Sorry for inconveniences again.

CURRENT CONTESTANTS & ESTIMATES - Updated 5/10/13, 2:36 a.m. EST:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsICEoF5x3qidFhKQjQ4d1AxVEt3MjU5NmhUcmp6OWc&usp=sharing

If you tried to participate and don't see yourself on this list, either you didn't qualify or you did not provide a valid guess. You're free to argue your point of eligibility though, and I'll see what I can do for you :)
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 5/10/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You people have too much Gold lol

I suggest to raise the Elite cap to 60k so more people can join (-->me<---)
Reply Quote
You people have too much Gold lol

I suggest to raise the Elite cap to 60k so more people can join (-->me<---)

I'll bargain with you.

I'll double it.

...to 40K.
Reply Quote
Double the double.

80k.
Reply Quote
View profile
591 kills over fiddlesticks :)
oh well i would have probably warathed the gear anyways
Reply Quote
well prices do vary a lot and im not good at AH so my guess would be (excluding gems) 632mil.
Reply Quote
phew. No idea. total random number... 777mil? (hopefully lucky!)
Reply Quote
I have no idea either.. hmm 550million! ??? (:
Edited by etsai3#1253 on 5/5/2013 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You want someone with around 80% of his time on a wizard with >40k elite kills but a fresh 60. Thats impossible isnt it?
Reply Quote
I likely have too much time played on my other toons to win this contest, but, as I love trolling the AH, or at least I did before I got into hardcore, so I'm pretty sure everyone who has posted so far has really low balled unless Jaetch found some massive deals. The Mempo, the weapon, and the Tal's pieces are where most of the value lies in this set.

I would guess that if you bought this whole set off of buyouts it would be worth around 3.1 billion - this is a solid set. However, because I doubt that Jaetch felt like flat out wasting money, I'm guessing that he spent around half of that (1.64 billion --> 1 649 164 502) using bids.

Am I close? :P

Good luck to everyone who can actually win.

*edit* grammar
Edited by Vexing#1671 on 5/5/2013 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does paragon level 31 count? If so then i'm guessing 800 million
Reply Quote
Dammn homie, nice set. Would be a beast with some paragon levels!!

Good luck to everyone.
Reply Quote
View profile
That's a heck of a nice set to give away, very generous! Even has LS on weapon. Best of luck to those who haven't already been crawling around inferno for almost a year.
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 05:53 PMPosted by Quetzal
You want someone with around 80% of his time on a wizard with >40k elite kills but a fresh 60. Thats impossible isnt it?

You personally don't have to be a fresh 60. I just posted stats that's based on a fresh 60 wizard (no paragon levels).
Reply Quote
@Jaetch:
Your requirements fit me 100% (:
Only that I am not good at guessing the cost ):
Reply Quote
@Jaetch:
Your requirements fit me 100% (:
Only that I am not good at guessing the cost ):

It's almost like playing the lottery except you actually have some control over your... fate :P

All it takes is a little AH research, some good judgment of stats and you're on your way. Then there's some luck involved in the end.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 5/5/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kinda crazy you're just giving away a set like this...
625M *crosses fingers*
Reply Quote
894,475,399??
Reply Quote
475, 253, 972
Edited by R3AP3R34#1533 on 5/6/2013 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The more specific the number the better!

Your current paragon level doesn't matter, just putting that out there. I meant fresh as in you're fresh in the wizard class compared to the others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]