Diablo® III

1.08: Rise of Archons

@Chosen: 2aps 50cc marker is for fast archon cool down with LL. You will notice the huge difference once hitting the 2 aps marker and this is especially important while soloing on high mps. Of cause with the release of 1.08, cool down will not be an issue as long as you're in a fast killing party.

Archons do stack according to CC>CD>IAS. IAS is of least priority but ultimately it give us additional boost to sheet dps.
Reply Quote
weeping hollow is ridiculous

desolate sands is honestly the best spot in this game right now. straight up, especially with all the rare spawning dungeons !
Reply Quote
were the dungeons buffed too? sorry haven't tried much of a2 yet.
Reply Quote
View profile
man I love this patch! makes playing fun again =)
Reply Quote
View profile
weeping hollow is ridiculous

desolate sands is honestly the best spot in this game right now. straight up, especially with all the rare spawning dungeons !

Ya the amount of those wasps is nuts...not sure it outdoes fields though, but it is really tight. Finding the vault was never so fun
Reply Quote
View profile
yea i actually dropped my 6/6/6 trium vs my CM source... IAS all day.. @ 2.51 APS in archon now heh. lost 11k dmg gained 5.5k HP and 1% protection.

imo if you have a badass chants its worth the slight dmg loss (depending on how good your trium is, mine was quite good but i dont mind losing 11k dmg at these dps lvls)

edit
also losing 11k dmg isnt that big of a deal since you get the 8% boost to shock pulse.. so for those rare times when archon drops being @ 2.51 aps is awesome for LL and the 8% dmg boost is pretty nice for that lame, high proc spell ^_-

Ya I'm in the same boat (using the chants but losing 9k dps.) I don't have a shock pulse one though ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
@Chosen: 2aps 50cc marker is for fast archon cool down with LL. You will notice the huge difference once hitting the 2 aps marker and this is especially important while soloing on high mps. Of cause with the release of 1.08, cool down will not be an issue as long as you're in a fast killing party.

Archons do stack according to CC>CD>IAS. IAS is of least priority but ultimately it give us additional boost to sheet dps.

Is that an actual breakpoint (2 aps)? I'm wondering because I am at 2.0 exactly and wonder if I should calculate my APS to make sure I'm really at it.
Reply Quote
tried desolate sands and all them side caves and density has improved. could use more but eh this will do for now
Reply Quote
Just started archon yesterday after receiving an awesome set from Varga, feel free to add me in game and we can melt face together Darthcrispy#1579
Reply Quote
Started off CM, want to transition to archon for farming. what's the easiest way to transition with my gearset? EF/Trium? Black Wand/Trium/Tals? What are the best rolls possible that I should look for? thanks!
Reply Quote
@TheAOP - The short answer is your RA is really low. I'll tell you what I tell every wizard: The bracer is the single best spot for defense. If I were you I'd get rid of the Lacuni's and pickup a bracer with 5%crit, 65+ AR, armor and vit. Get some int on there too if you can afford it. Or just start crafting them. So with the Lacuni gone, you lose 8% IAS and your 12% MS, which can both be easily replaced by an Inna's leg piece. If you have a bit of cash you can get with one with +AR. The Inna's leg is maybe the only item that all Archon Wizard's *must* have. I think it's amazing for CM wiz too, but a lot of people want the LoH of the Blackthorne's. You have the BT, but since you're almost never going to be in a position to use it, ditch it. Also, about you dying a lot, try switching your magic weapon rune to blood magic. It takes some damage away, but it makes you more independent while you're farming for something you can sell to upgrade your EHP or MH.

@hoodrich - Basically you want to dial back on your IAS and switch over to +Int/CD. You should already be at a high CC which is helpful, and you should already have great resists. Looking at your gear, your transition will be slow and expensive. First thing is to get a black damage weapon with +crit dmg and a socket. Get LS as well if you can afford it. Then get a triumvirate for your offhand and a tal's allegiance for your amulet. You've already got the Zuni shoes for this setup, so you're set there. Give away some IAS where you have to in order to get more Int and CD. Try to keep your resists, armor and vit. Eventually you'll want to replace your ring, gloves, pants and chest. Chest and Pants you'll want to get the Tal's and Innas to get that IAS back. Gloves and ring go for higher Int and CD. I'd ditch your bracer too. You can get better DPS from doubling or tripling that int than you can off the 8% IAS. But it is a nice bracer, and I'd replace that last.

The above is just what I happened to see. The real reason I wanted to post is that there was a group of guys who were running dungeons on the PTR on a stream and using some sort of mod to track mob deaths and xp/hour and other stats. They compiled the data and put it into a google doc for all to use. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/a/pmsclan.com/document/d/1eDYucvOpSUUsf_O0NsYgOo6zGZmFJZkyzdiBSYyae8c/edit?pli=1

It can't be edited, so no worries there. If you don't feel like reading it, here's the run that came out of this that I've been enjoying the most:

Route: VoA -> Desolate Sands -> Unknown Depths -> The Storm Halls
Elapsed Time : 15:20
Exp/Run: 36.8M
Mobs/Run : 796/2L
Exp/Hour: 147M
Detailed Route Description: Start at the Vault of Assassins checkpoint, clear VoA(your goal here is to get 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor. Once you clear the area, run back to your initial starting checkpoint and run out of VoA to Desolate Sands. Proceed to clear Desolate Sands, make a loop to the Waypoint that should be visible on the map when you initially zoned into Desolate Sands). At the Waypoint teleport to Archives of Zoltun Kulle, run to the Terminus, and proceed to clear both Unknown Depths and Stormhalls(the order does not matter). Zone Out and remake

Enjoy!

Edit: Oh, two more things. XP/Hour is waaaaay higher in a 4 man group, as is L drop rate. That's the second thing - the L next to mobs/run is how many legendaries per run. This is all on MP10.
Edited by Shelrabbi#1366 on 5/7/2013 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Is that an actual breakpoint (2 aps)? I'm wondering because I am at 2.0 exactly and wonder if I should calculate my APS to make sure I'm really at it.

Bumping this because I'm curious :)
Reply Quote
thanks @shelrabbi. i think im going to upgrade the wep/trium first and take it from there. i see what you're saying about scaling back ias. are there breakpoints for the archon beam tick rate?
Reply Quote
@Jae: Added you and yeah it will be an honor to be part of your project :)

We might have problem meeting up on week days since I'm on Asia timezone. Lets see how it goes :D

@XFac, Will add you as friend later, and hope to have a run with you and get some advise. :) PS: im also from asia.
Edited by Mirage#6524 on 5/7/2013 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh hey if anyone wants to friend me, feel free. (; I know I'm not on the same level as most of you but I can do mp 3/4 runs easily. I'm always open to new friends.

Pangaea#1825
Reply Quote
been having fun with archon pre patch due to getting bored of god-mode (ie cm haha) and now after patch buff to timer its pretty ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Break point:

Breakpoint doesn't solely rely on aps, 50%cc need to be incorporated for fast cool down effect. 2.0aps doesnt make much difference if you're hitting a single target. The additional charge pulses triggered by high aps is only significant when hitting a group of closely pack mobs.

Using 50cc as the base marker, a 2.0aps LL user will have 2-3secs faster refresh time than one with 1.8aps (consider both are hitting the same group of 5 at similar angle)

As highlighted in previous post, archon should stack according to CC->CD->IAS. Of cause higher IAS will ease your transition to CM builds if build variation is a concern.

For lower aps / skorn user, please do not panic! You can simply put on a cc stormcrow and use WW as primary skill. As you can see there are many ways we can go about making archon viable.

Gear checks:

As highlighted in my 1st post. Please state all the listed criteria so that we can provide better / more relevant advice. There's a huge difference between upgrading with billions and millions.
Reply Quote
@Jae: Added you and yeah it will be an honor to be part of your project :)

We might have problem meeting up on week days since I'm on Asia timezone. Lets see how it goes :D

@XFac, Will add you as friend later, and hope to have a run with you and get some advise. :) PS: im also from asia.

sure! but my friend list is full now. Gonna remove some inactive friends :\

Off topic, do you happen to play counterstrike? your nick looks familiar. I'm one of those old school competitive cs players :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]