Diablo® III

1.08: Rise of Archons

Ran 3x Archon (4th was WD) today. Gained nearly a level during the A1 MP5 run. Archon uptime was around 76% of the total playtime... more or less. I feel multiplayer archon is going to be the wizard revival thingy this patch... so this thread title is the most appropriate ever.... thnx OP :D

I'm also looking for other archons out there.... 4-man decimation is real good fun... lasers FTW ^^
Edited by Tensor#6418 on 5/8/2013 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
You have a really nice archon but those stats are not required AT ALL in coop. monsters have trivial damage and hp to laser through now. 4 400K medium defended archons wouldn't even get touched so whats point of all that ehp?

Re-title thread Rise of the Elitist Archons.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/8/2013 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sounds like a movie. ^^

This summer. Prepare. For. The Lasers of Death.

Stronger. Faster. Better.

Behold. The Rise of the Archon.

/thread
Edited by Tensor#6418 on 5/8/2013 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Aimless: True true that mid tier archons are viable in party games but not everyone is into group play ya? A decently balanced archon is still needed for soloing on high mps. That being said, I've built my set just to troll eric's glassy non ls version. Back then there are no bull!@#$ like RD down time and nerf to monster health / dmg. Game is getting easier but that doesn't stop us from upgrading within our budget. That's the main point of this game isn't it? Never ending gearing for perfection...
Reply Quote
MP 5 is the highest I can play and still keep archon build. Any higher and I have to switch to cm. But I'm definitely low-tier.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/08/2013 01:07 AMPosted by XFactor
@Aimless: True true that mid tier archons are viable in party games but not everyone is into group play ya? A decently balanced archon is still needed for soloing on high mps. That being said, I've built my set just to troll eric's glassy non ls version. Back then there are no bull!@#$ like RD down time and nerf to monster health / dmg. Game is getting easier but that doesn't stop us from upgrading within our budget. That's the main point of this game isn't it? Never ending gearing for perfection...

I guess. Thats not how it was advertised was supposed to be brutal and mp system too.. till they nerfed it too... I question the point of ungrading for nothing but to each his own - anyway.. just wanted call attention to much lower stats can roll in coop.
Reply Quote
i run blizzard build!! hit me up to enable your coldblood rune hahaha
Reply Quote
sure! but my friend list is full now. Gonna remove some inactive friends :\

Off topic, do you happen to play counterstrike? your nick looks familiar. I'm one of those old school competitive cs players :P

I do, but not a old school player.. :)
Reply Quote
Thoughts on my gear/setup? Been running A3 mp2.

Be gentle. I am self-found.
Reply Quote
How do you guys reach such high DPS?

Can you give me some gear advice on increasing my DPS to 80k unbuffed without sacrificing EHP?

Preferably i want to be at 80k unbuffed using a Shield.

Im unbuffed at
49 DPS with Shield
55k Hp
4k Armor
800++ All resist
LS 2.7'

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lufia-6960/hero/28833210

Diablo Progress
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/lufia-6960/IwillSurvive/28833210

Cheers
Edited by lufia#6960 on 5/8/2013 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it really comes down to whether you want all out dps or balanced ehp with dps

as far as gearing goes, high dps ones are truly high end gears, there's really no other way. buffs can only do so much (scoundrel with buriza/cold blooded, party buffs)

all out dps is pretty easy to attain, it's the ehp with dps that's hard
Reply Quote
Add me if you have the room. Always looking for new people to farm with. I do mainly MP10 and MP10 Uber farming, but don’t mind doing whatever level.

I have tried LL a couple times and it just doesn’t seem to fit with my play style. I still like the WW/Archon Hybrid build more. Even with 1.86 APS it doesn’t seem to make a difference to me.

Suggestions on my build/gear please (Updated in my profile). Thus far I have had no problem surviving on MP10 solo or group. Not sure how good my offhand is either lol.
Reply Quote
@lufie: Woah you're playing HC and to be honest, I have very little knowledge on HC market.

Generally on your gear choice:

- You did really well stacking genuine EHP but problem is the low CC which afftect both your refresh rate and dps.

- Your build and gears look like at all out defensive setup (healing blade, LS weapon, BM + sheild). I can understand this being in hardcore but in order to push your dps further, you really need to go for a high avg dmg, int, vit + cc source. If need be, lower your mp level and slowly gear up along the way.
Reply Quote
Can use some gear check and upgrade advice. I guess its pointless to talk about upgrading budget in terms of gold right now :(

Want to farm MP7+, can face roll MP5 thus far
Reply Quote
For running Acts 1/2, is the general idea to play at the highest MP at which you can survive and keep archon up?
Reply Quote
archon is about killing fast and moving forward. once you've met a formidable foe that will drain you of your uptime, that mp may be too high for you.

nothing drains an archon faster than meeting an elite or champ when you just newly activate archon in high mp :(
Reply Quote
Thanks man will have a look once the AH is back up !

ENTER THE ARCHON !
Reply Quote
I would love for some advice on how to improve my DPS. As you can see, I don't care for EHP. Besides for a better ring to replace my hellfire, and a higher crit mempo, I would love the advice. Thanks
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Void carried me yesterday on Act I MP10.

At one point I just sat AFK in melee range of mobs while Void beamed them down. I assisted by taking up space and Archon still stayed on.

I had 99% uptime because I only run 12% movement speed. 1% downtime was when I waddled out of range and couldn't get my assists.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 5/8/2013 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]