Diablo® III

1.08: Rise of Archons

With the mob density increased plus Archon gets refreshed through assist, in my opinion Archon is one of the best skill for multiplayer now.
Reply Quote
[quote]Woah think i just saw Jaetch no.2 here!

Blazing guardians have been nerfed and with you high vit you should be pretty very well. If at all you like to feel tanky, just go LS weapon like what pich suggested.

Have you tried temp flux instead of GW? It will give you the extra time frame repositioning or kiting around.

05/10/2013 07:55 AMPosted by pichapie
you really have to reposition unless you have LS weapon and using blood magic and good ehp to actually start tanking. nothing wrong with moving around as archon.

Thanks for the replies, guys :) will definitely try that, and the temporal flux passive for CB. ^_^

Happy hunting ^_^
Reply Quote
Would love to pick your brain on how to improve mine.
Reply Quote
@xfactor

dont you deal more dmg if u use nats helm + ring? ur equip is too strong, so u can "compensate" the mempo defensive wise

doesnt a skorn deal more dmg than ur ur triumviate + weapon? a 50mio skorn deals more dmg than the best combos of triumviate + 1h weapon for me (budget up to 250mio) and the skorn is 170-200 avg dmg away from the max amount possible. u dont lose life without blood magic if u fight reflect packs?

Sorry for the late reply as I'm in asia time zone. Need some beauty sleep for my brain to work :P

Plus point for nat helm + nat ring + skorn combo:
- 7% extra cc from nat bonus
- high CD from Skorn
- high LS

Plus point for Mempo + zunni ring + black & trium
- 9 / 8 attack speed from mempo
- 130 int from zunni bonus
- high DPS due to +elemental dmg from trium

2nd setup will out dps yours anytime as you're losing massive int points from the 130int bonus and the fact that nat set doesn't roll high int compare to mempo and zunni ring. the 7% cc bonus can be easily replace by trium which give you 8 / 8.5cc. Of cause high dmg skorn can be better if one is using a low tier black + trium but we are comparing top tier items here. You can run a simulation in d3up.com if you're still not convinced :)

I like your set up though, it actually allows one to stack 8% elemental dmg by going zuni boots instead of the usual nat ring & boots combo. I would recommend your setup to anyone who have budget constraint. This is a good way to stack CC and CD at a much lower price :D

Ah sorry, misread your BM query. Yes my life do drain if I'm beaming 4 RD mob at a go. I can only do that if there're trash mobs at the back of RD pack. What I do usually is to zone out 3 when attacking. RD shield will wear off before it kills me.

The only time I switch to BM is for SB on uber. That fat !@# is a huge life sucker!
Edited by XFactor#1647 on 5/10/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 07:23 PMPosted by XFactor
You can run a simulation in d3up.com if you're still not convinced :)

This. I tried to simulate a perfect Skorn on d3up once, and I lost a lot of dps. I was doing that around the time I put on my enchantress' old Skorn to play around with Sleet Storm.
Reply Quote
...just wondering how many swords you crafted before getting that one? thanks.
Edited by zenguppy#1228 on 5/11/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
3 archon party with support cm or monk is gg
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 03:16 AMPosted by Yoo
3 archon party with support cm or monk is gg
Reply Quote
Gear checks:
- State your budget
- MP you're looking to farm in
- Link to your profile / dprog page

-I have 50m
-MP8? I run my monk MP8-10 and would like my wiz to be just as viable, but not sure it is attainable with low budget
- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sinafae-1771/hero/27867998 or http://d3up.com/b/239916 (I don't use dprog)

Looking at my d3up, I think I have to scrap pretty much everything, but want confirmation before I do that again. I was archon before (low geared, she was my first character, so I didn't know much, but it worked. Ran slorak's/oculus with 3 piece zuni), started to switch to CM, realized I couldn't take the pain and now am trying to switch back.
Do I have any piece that will work in an archon build? Aside from weapon. Mysword is good, it's my monk's MH, but I figure with no main stat they can share and it saves me some gold.
Reply Quote
Is Archon even worth playing at this point compared to DH? Considering recent buffs Archon appears to be almost universally inferior. If that isn't the case, what benefits does Archon bring that make it viable in comparison to DHs in their current state?
Edited by Inda#1896 on 5/12/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Inda
Is Archon even worth playing at this point compared to DH? Considering recent buffs Archon appears to be almost universally inferior. If that isn't the case, what benefits does Archon bring that make it viable in comparison to DHs in their current state?

Wider area of effect, hits more targets, even considering Bombardment rune for Rapid Fire. No resource cost, passive insane EHP boost, 375% weapon damage for Improved Archon is not far behind 438% weapon damage for Rapid Fire. Yes, you can factor in the use of Gloom for DH, but again that costs resources.

Oh, and because wizards as of now have far more damage multipliers than DH.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 5/12/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
whats better for archon? nat bloody and reflection vs zunimassa trail and pox
Reply Quote
Wider area of effect, hits more targets, even considering Bombardment rune for Rapid Fire. No resource cost, passive insane EHP boost, 375% weapon damage for Improved Archon is not far behind 438% weapon damage for Rapid Fire. Yes, you can factor in the use of Gloom for DH, but again that costs resources.

Oh, and because wizards as of now have far more damage multipliers than DH.

Thanks for the response, Jaetch. I'll be honest - I only gave the question superficial consideration, looking solely at the numbers. I figured I would pose the question here to get input from someone with more practical experience. I'm really committed to making Wiz work somehow, and I vastly prefer Archon to CM - I just had some reservations about heavily investing in an inferior spec. Thanks for clearing that up.

All that said, would you recommend a LS or non LS weapon for a 5b budget Archon? I know it's more cost effective to use a LS weapon under a certain threshold (as reflected by your contest set) but I'm not sure at what juncture a non-LS weapon becomes viable.
Edited by Inda#1896 on 5/12/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Inda, It all boil down to your play style and Jae has already given his insight comparsion between DH with Archons. One point I wish to add is that you will not get such a lively and friendly forum over at DH section! Hope this converts you and please do not flame me, it's just a personal opinion :P

Going LS or not is dependent on what kind of archon you're building. LS is not mandatory for multiplayer game Archon compare to one who is doing solo farming on high mps. I've highlighted in many previous posts that a LS weapon allows build diversity in Archon world. You gonna really enjoy mircoing if not, go Jae's way of stacking EHP for non LS to be viable on high mps.
Reply Quote
Hi XFactor! Can you rate mine please? I love my Archon build and have been stuck on 161K for a while....looking for that next thing to upgrade but looking at your ideals....I think I know what to do....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BoofaWebb-1464/hero/26402242

Cheers
Reply Quote
boof, the skorn is actually limiting your dps and ehp. same goes for depth diggers. if you want to go depth diggers for now, go with a main stat/vit/2 os one :D

also, budget willing, lifesteal weapon, can never go wrong there :D
Reply Quote
View profile
05/12/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Oglocc
whats better for archon? nat bloody and reflection vs zunimassa trail and pox

Zuni. Nats shine in CM setups.
Reply Quote
ANy recommendations on what to upgrade on my wiz?
Reply Quote
captain, more armor
Reply Quote
I equipped a 1240 dps crit sword which upped my dps by 40 but I felt a little squishy in mp 9 team games. Any advice on how to improve? Life steal weaps seem really exp and I'm not sure would bump my dps by that much. GG triums also only give me a 3-4000 dps boost for like 2 bil plus. What should I do to upgrade my sns in disguise :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]