Diablo® III

Item Label Display option error

I usually set my item label display option to "push to show for 10 seconds"

but everytime i set it to this option (apply >accept) , it gets changed to regular "push to show".

this is annoying.

anyone having same problem?
Edited by KimThought#1273 on 5/7/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here. since the 1.08 patch, I can't change this option in the menus, and pushing ALT in-game doesn't actually do anything either. All items are labeled all the time, which is really annoying when you're used to playing without them.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. Indeed annoying.
But the Book of Cain is great, also the added number of monsters. :)
Edited by hollybee#2558 on 5/8/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I usually set my item label display option to "push to show for 10 seconds"

but everytime i set it to this option (apply >accept) , it gets changed to regular "push to show".

this is annoying.

anyone having same problem?

I am having the same problem. No matter how I change it, the loot will only show for a second or two then I have to hold down ALT to see any of it.
Reply Quote
Same problem here. I always have Item Label Display set to 'Show for ten seconds', but when I logged in after updating for 1.0.8, the option was set to 'Push to Show'. Despite attempting several times to change the option, it instantly reverts to 'Push to Show'. Restarting the game client has no effect on the bug.

I appreciate that this patch has been more difficult than expected so I understand why I haven't seen any blue responses/acknowledgements of this problem. Whilst it's certainly not game breaking, it is rather annoying. An acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
Same issue here.
Reply Quote
This fix was pushed back due to the dupe fix and the drain it caused on resources.

Blizzard HAS acknowledged this. They are aware of it.

Expect it fixed tomorrow during maintenance.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/08/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Lokostrike89
I appreciate that this patch has been more difficult than expected so I understand why I haven't seen any blue responses/acknowledgements of this problem. Whilst it's certainly not game breaking, it is rather annoying. An acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated.

We have. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770197799

We've developed a fix, but it's a client-side problem, so we'll need to patch (probably a fast patch) in order to resolve the issue fully. We don't have an ETA to share for when that patch will be ready to go, but we'll absolutely update the thread above once a fix is live.
Reply Quote
I was having this problem. I don't know how these options should properly work. Mine works the way I want it too now. What I did was enabled push to show on the one item option. And there was another item option to display names or not when loot drops. I disabled that. So if you're trying to achieve a setting where loot names only show up if you press alt. This is what I did.

My settings-

Display item names on drop- disabled(unchecked)

Item label display- "push to show"

Oops...

Read the OP's post more carefully. Apparently the problem is with the push to show for 10 sec.

Did some testing- yes bugged. :( If you select push to show for 10 sec. or the toggle on/off option. The game automatically changes it back to normal push to show.. :p
Edited by SophieXoxo#1534 on 5/13/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Glad to know the fix is in the works, this bug is annoying! At the risk of sounding overly demanding, any chance it'll appear during tomorrow's maintenance?
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 10:47 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Glad to know the fix is in the works, this bug is annoying! At the risk of sounding overly demanding, any chance it'll appear during tomorrow's maintenance?

It should. I don't see why it wouldn't.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Lylirra

We've developed a fix, but it's a client-side problem, so we'll need to patch (probably a fast patch) in order to resolve the issue fully. We don't have an ETA to share for when that patch will be ready to go, but we'll absolutely update the thread above once a fix is live.

While you're at it, how about patching in some commas into the Trade windows and the AH money fields. I'll send you chocolates if you do. :)
Reply Quote

Lylirra, you can't tell me that this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796680738#3 wouldn't make you a happy person.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/13/2013 10:47 AMPosted by ChangBooster

That's our goal. Patch is still in testing, though, since it's not a confirmation.
Reply Quote
I was having this problem. I don't know how these options should properly work. Mine works the way I want it too now. What I did was enabled push to show on the one item option. And there was another item option to display names or not when loot drops. I disabled that. So if you're trying to achieve a setting where loot names only show up if you press alt. This is what I did.

My settings-

Display item names on drop- disabled(unchecked)

Item label display- "push to show"

Oops...

Read the OP's post more carefully. Apparently the problem is with the push to show for 10 sec.

Did some testing- yes bugged. :( If you select push to show for 10 sec. or the toggle on/off option. The game automatically changes it back to normal push to show.. :p

Just tried this but it keeps resetting my selection to push to show for 10 sec...thanks anyway
Reply Quote
I've also noticed, and I'm not sure if this is true for anyone else, but player names no longer display in game. When I'm playing with others, I have no idea who is who as the name is not displayed above the toon.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Lylirra
We've developed a fix, but it's a client-side problem, so we'll need to patch (probably a fast patch) in order to resolve the issue fully. We don't have an ETA to share for when that patch will be ready to go, but we'll absolutely update the thread above once a fix is live

While you are fixing this bug, can you fix Inspiring Presence where the life regen numbers don't show up on you character sheet like they you use to. You say you "changed" it on purpose but seems more like a codding error with a clever excuse. Because honestly it makes no sense that would change it from how it showed up before the patch. Not having those numbers is deceiving to all those who use it and for our party members. It makes comparing gear a lot more complex then it should be.

Other than that i am very much enjoying the new patch and I'm looking forward to the new itemization features you are all working on. Keep the good changes coming Blizzard
Edited by JAMJAM22#1561 on 5/13/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i still say we need an option like diablo had: /nopickup

I'm so tired of picking up useless items while running in circles in mobs.
Reply Quote
i still say we need an option like diablo had: /nopickup

I'm so tired of picking up useless items while running in circles in mobs.

well, it's just rediculous in COTA when you literally have 100 item labels around the slain mob and you are taking hits from a couple skelly's you can BARELY SEE!! we need /nopickup and reworking of item labal 'show timout'. Should be about 8-10 seconds and OFF with toggle for 'ON'. or just DON'T SHOW as default!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]