Diablo® III

here comes the roll back peeps

suck !@#$ to every one who exploited the dupe bahahahahahahaha
Reply Quote
is it confirmed? they seem to be tip toeing around the confirmation
Reply Quote
Well this sucks. =(

I just found two Legendaries with better stats than what my barb is wearing now and I bought 24 Gems from RMAH. They better give me a refund and pay Paypal for commission transaction. =(
Reply Quote
no roll back server just came back up again and nothing has changed
Reply Quote
I'm neutral to either if they roll back or not, not for or against but i would like to know if its worth playing and if i will loose progress if they do a rollback.

At least the Australian forums aren't as bad as the main America's general forums, when have kiddies on games become so melodramatic, its a bit disgraceful. If the idea of insulting the developers with sarcastic banter helping get what you want or demand then yes it would make sense but no all it does is antagonize and discourage, the very opposite of constructive criticism and contribution.
Reply Quote
No rollback at all: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770118014#1
Reply Quote
Haven't really been paying attention lately. Why are people asking for a rollback?
Reply Quote
according to that link their official word to our questions

Q. Will there be a rollback?
Our priority is to fix any issues with the game client first—that's what we're working on right now. After we've addressed the situation, we'll need to determine whether or not a rollback is appropriate. We know this is an important issue for all of our players, so we’ll be sure keep you informed of what's happening and will provide any updates in this thread, as well.

Q. Will players be banned for using this dupe?
We're currently in the process of reviewing the accounts involved and taking appropriate actions, including temporary locks, suspensions, and/or bans. Our exploitation policy for Diablo III can be found here, which should give you an overview of the kinds of activities that are and aren’t cool within the game.

>Hayaku : when the patch was unleashed early this morning there is a exploit with the Auction house that enabled players to put up gold for sale i believe and cancel it doubling their gold. This was reported in 3 - 4 hours after the patch and they disabled the ingame auction house as far as i know. The main American player base have gone into hysterics mainly the people who are concerned they are not the richest in the game anymore or the ones that play the game for its money economics. If you rarely use AH or don't care about other players getting ahead using it, it wouldn't concern you. If it does affect you somewhat join the main stream crowd and bash away.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hurray I can post again! and everything went to hell while I was locked out.

There will be no rollback, blizz has decided t o handle each case per person, they will be tracing who duped gold and banning accounts as well as who duped and bought items/traded items/gold etc.

Everything you do ingame is logged after all.
Reply Quote
Hurray I can post again! and everything went to hell while I was locked out.

There will be no rollback, blizz has decided t o handle each case per person, they will be tracing who duped gold and banning accounts as well as who duped and bought items/traded items/gold etc.

Everything you do ingame is logged after all.

Having worked in a IT administration capacity, i believe that is logical , might take a while as I believe there will be a backlog of players for them to track and trace. Again this happened in a small window of time frame when the aussies were either asleep or just waking up going to school or work so aussies shouldn't be impacted much
Reply Quote
Is this include those people who bought gems on RMAH and sold on GAH during the bug period? (i read somewhere was 100mil per gem)

if this group is safe, then i just missed out the greatest opportunity to be able to afford those millions dollar gear. D'oh!!
Reply Quote
I missed out on even knowing there was a problem until now when I went to check my auction (GAH).
This has created the biggest forum frenzy i think that has ever happened.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Is this include those people who bought gems on RMAH and sold on GAH during the bug period? (i read somewhere was 100mil per gem)

if this group is safe, then i just missed out the greatest opportunity to be able to afford those millions dollar gear. D'oh!!

Blizzard will be tracing everything, so even legit people who didn't do anything wrong just sold something will find that the sale they made will be undone (gold removed and item returned).

As someone who has worked on MMO's and online games before, trust me everything is logged to an insane degree.
Reply Quote
Hi Narull

I hope what you say comes to pass but I have little faith now. I do love this game and if you follow the US Barbarian forums, you can see that I've put a lot into it to, running challenges and putting up gold as rewards etc.

This however has made me serious consider quitting the game. Not the error as such, although there have been way to many errors every time there is a patch, but the response to it. There is no transparency in this approach. If there is a roll back, everyone starts at exactly the same point. Firstly I would think it would be vastly difficult to track every single transaction and secondly, how would we know whether or not they even bothered to?

It is a poor decision I feel and lacks integrity.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I know it can be hard to have faith in it, but really it is the better option rather then punishing the bulk playerbase because of what a few did.

As for tracking everything it's actually one of the simplest things to do in any mmo style game, as for how we would know? well that's up to you, but the fact that people were greedy to the max will make it easy to tell if someone has 500billion suddenly etc, it's not like people just duped a few million, they went nuts.
Reply Quote
omg yes i'm finally back, damn i spent the whole day from like 10pm last night when i downloaded the patch locked out till i just checked now.

i have been following the forusm since 7am and my god. I hope they roll the !@#$ out of anyone who was luck or unlucky enough to part take in this fiasco because otherwise as a legit player who grinds for his gear using ah on the occasional chance when a nice gear drops, i feel cheated.

i accept people playing the ah and doing it legit, but profiteering from a glitch, hell no. if people are getting away with this i want some free billions to compete on the ah as even mid game gear will now be waaay out of reach.
Reply Quote
I'm generally not one to spout fire and brimstone but this truly irks me. You do a great job of moderating this forum and, although I've not said it before, I really do appreciate your influence. Perhaps it is me shaking my angry fist at the only person I can and for that I do apologize.

It was however an extremely bad decision. Trillions of gold was pumped into the economy. And yes, it will be easy to track those who suddenly made 500B. But how about people who sold otherwise relatively cheap gear and made billions and then went on to purchase other items legitimately with this gold. Will all of this be rolled back too? Impossible I would say. Below is the post by Lylirra, which also suggests that they will only be looking at the actual dupers.

Posted by Lylirra
We've been able to successfully identify players who duplicated gold by using this specific bug, and are focusing on these accounts to make corrections.

This has the potential to permanently damage the economy, which is what this game is based around. More importantly though it reflects poorly on the company's judgement and it's reputation. Players who did nothing wrong losing 12 hours of grind, or ruining the whole economy and the reputation of the company. Looking at the forums, it is quite obvious what the vast majority of players wish to see happening. But Blizzard seems to be disregarding this.

You probably don't have any influence with Blizzard, but if you do, I hope you will use it to convince them that their current course is wrong. Thanks for listening mate :)
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 5/8/2013 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Morpheus: Don't stress, nothing the ANZ community could do can compare to the abuse anyone with a different colour cops on the general forums. =P

I spoke with Lylirra a lot today and the whole team worked from early in the morning to 1am just to make sure nothing can happen over night. That's the devotion blizzard have to D3 but people ignore.

Blizzard will be going all out to trace and remove/reverse everything to do with this and they have a huge CS team which makes it a little easier(not really the devs who would be doing the tracing of items etc).

For a long time today I did believe that a rollback would be the only way to fix things properly but then I started thinking about numbers. The bulk playerbase who played today would not have even known about the dupe and wouldn't have had anything to do with it, so rolling back everyone would punish more people then it would fix.

Now as I posted in the other thread, I've worked for gaming companies before and logs and tracking abilities are amazing(and that was almost 8 years ago), blizzard gain nothing by the economy being in ruins and it is a PR nightmare if they leave it that way so they will be doing everything in there power to undo it, just they decided that with the small(relative to total number) amount of players who exploited this compared to those who logged in and didn't it's better to take the long road.

I'm happy to try and answer questions and even pass on questions if it's something I can't answer and I do talk to blizz and they do listen(but I don't have any major pull of course) but little things I can report on what players think etc, I even made sure to email blizz before the patch to remind them not to break the game for ANZ xD and Lylirra messaged me as soon as the servers went up to check it was all good for our client. I say this just to again show they do care and are listening to what people say.

I guess in the end I'm just trying to say try and have a bit more faith, believe it or not blizzard are working hard for the players.
Reply Quote
I am actually considering placing all my characters gear on ah for 2bill each, it feels like there is no point to playing now as an inflated economy = nothing for the little grinding dude.

This glitch jus tmade it more apparent then my ignorance wanted lol. How are they going to roll back people who sold legitimatelly at overpriced margins because they thought they saw a economy spike? it's a legal way of makign money adn people in the stock market are always lookign for the next spike.

so what will they punish me if i decide to put up items for stupid prices and other idiots with money are buying them?
Edited by Amos#6777 on 5/8/2013 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
05/08/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Amos
I am actually considering placing all my characters gear on ah for 2bill each, it feels like there is no point to playing now as an inflated economy = nothing for the little grinding dude.

When the AH's comes back things will not be the same as before they went down.

I am pretty sure blizz won't bring it back online until the duped gold is locked down, that's why they are temp banning a bunch of accounts so the gold gets locked out while they investigate it and in the mean time they can get the AH's back up for other players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]