Diablo® III

Is 0-Dog and Bears the only option?

Are Zero dogs and Bear builds the only ones viable to farm MP10? I really just do not like how they play and I like the AC/Summon style of builds but everyone seems to think Bears and Zero Dog builds are the ONLY ones capable of being successful in MP10.
Reply Quote
general consensus. yes. however with 1.08, bats may become a viable alternative also. as far as a zoo build... not so much. because their dps output is simply insufficient to effectively farm MP10
Reply Quote
05/03/2013 09:02 PMPosted by xNYROx
Are Zero dogs and Bear builds the only ones viable to farm MP10? I really just do not like how they play and I like the AC/Summon style of builds but everyone seems to think Bears and Zero Dog builds are the ONLY ones capable of being successful in MP10.

the testing has been done for you already...and those 2 builds seem to be the ones that are most effective at mp10

I think you should go and try your current build in mp10 and see how it fairs. I've been playing around with skills all night trying to get something different to run at high mp and I seem to always go back to SB/WoS and bears. But again, go and try and see for yourself.
Reply Quote
Funny story.... for witch doctors in the old inferno you could use pets all the way to 59 in Hell mode. And then they were completely useless in inferno at level 60. They are better but the Fetish skill and passive are still garbage. Pet damage is still garbage...... so much so that high damage builds do not consider them.

IF you use 1-2 passives for defense (FL/JF) they can be decent tanks. But doing so makes you lose massive potential damage. Considering their slow attack speed and inability to use an emerald in a weapon I have found my pets do 1/19th of my bear damage.

Acid cloud and rain of toads are fine for hardcore because a single death is all it takes. But you'll never get through MP 10 using those skills because it takes eons to kill anything. Acid cloud does not stack damage (does stack LoH) and frog damage is too low (more of too slow).

If you had a perfectly rolled skull grasp and kaleidoscope (crit hit/dam/ and -3 zombie wall) and a ZW SoJ you could run a 0 cooldown zombie wall with pile on. It approximates bears in a way but does not perform as well (so why go through so many hoops and just use bears). Good luck getting that setup in HC mode however......

Firebats will help as it will be another option and will deal massive damage. But it is likely to be the end for a number of HC WD.
Edited by Glythe#1586 on 5/4/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've found Well of Souls to be a viable build in MP10. If you run that with Pierce the Veil for 20% damage, rush of essence and blood ritual. Then I couple those with Dogs for meat shields with Provoke the pack, and Soul Harvest.

PtV, provoke the pack, and SH Combine for massive damage. It is not the fastest, or the safest build, since you are set up for being a glass cannon, but it is viable. It is generally slower for large mobs, but I find it very fast on champions/Elites.
Reply Quote
Well of Souls is very good in high mp. I use it as my main attack but I have found you really still need bears on your bar. You still need that big AOE damage and nothing compares to bears for AOE. Whats nice about WoS is rush of essence still allows you to use bears quite a bit without having any bear reduction gear. High attack speed actually improves the amount of bears you can spam and the effectiveness of WoS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]