Diablo® III

arcane/plague need to be reduced

hi all i have a monk with 1182 resist all arcane most and have 6.2k all element damage is reduced 79.2% but how is it still so strong especially plague the worst of them all if combined with jailer and vortex like i can solo mp 8-10 but i still think they need to reduce does anyone else have the same problem
Reply Quote
You need more vitality.
Reply Quote
You need more dps.
Reply Quote
We used to all run around with over 1k ar and it never helped, 800 is about as far as you ever want to go then just focus on sustain and a larger health pool. Plague is nasty though I agree, I have to go around it when possible.
Reply Quote
health not the issue when im in battles with my mates i last longer then them and they got 60k health etc and i got 27k or so everyone seems to have high dps but last long in battle i prefer my style but for some reason i must work around these arcane they always seem to be arcane all da time when im monk
like when im dh they have reflect damage
Reply Quote
for me dps isnt the issue
Reply Quote
mate, ur playing style is not suitable for the current game play as a monk.

if u r a s&b monk, u need ard 120k dps, 60-80k hp to pull thru mp10.

ressistance is not abt everything nowadays an avg 150k dps monk only need ard 600 AR to survive mp10.

im surviving pretty ez w less then 500 AR.

my suggestion is to reduce ur AR to 800, increase ur hp to 50k and dps to 120k preferly w a LS weapon, i guess u will see a pretty improvement
Reply Quote
if i can solo in mp 9-10 by self and not struggling i see no use for 120k dps when my skills give me up to 150-200k depends if i change my thunderclap to hundred fist with blazing fist i get 200k
like i said in team im the support who has to revive everyone incase ppl die especially in uber mp9-10
plus i dont want to be like everyone else with high dps etc most monk in mp 9-10 in groups complain they cant handle the damage when surrounded especially if plague or arcane etc i want to be different monk but if i struggle in mp 10 solo which i dont then il increase hp and dps but for now the topic was about plague and arcane not hp and dps
Reply Quote
topic was about me thinking arcane and plague was strong etc like me i can stand in the pool compare to others i was seeing if ppl had the same problem
Reply Quote
You can stand on plague and arcane, if your dps, vit, and ias are high enough! Those are inter-related which all affect your survival and sustainability.
Reply Quote
im telling u go mp 10 u will struggle in battle with a group then i would u might b paragon 100 but im telling i see alot of paragon 100 struggling more then me and i aint even past paragon 12 might have high dps and high vit but cant do !@#$ if u cant get in there i see them struggle more then me and i got low health
Reply Quote
You are talking about other things. You should change your topic to "I see alot of paragon 100 struggling more than me"
Reply Quote
welll u changed it i was answering the other guy comment
Reply Quote
I usually wear about 350 AR and have no issues with either (or both) of those affixes since I just walk out of them.

The worse affixes for me is actually vortex, followed by knockback. All the "stuff on the ground" affixes don't really bother me.
Reply Quote
I'm okay with plagued and arcane...the game should be somewhat difficult. They both suck, but my only issue is how arcane spawns directly underneath you, or being vortex'd directly on top of arcane. No one can survive standing on arcane, so why vortex you directly on top of it? Instant death unless you can quickly hit Serenity, etc... Not a major issue but a peeve of mine if I have to pick something.
Reply Quote
In my opion 28k life 800loh and 87k damage is just not enough
to solo mp8-10 not plauge and arcane anyway I have had as much
as 940ar and it wasn't any better than 800 I would drop some res for
more life,damage and sustain like more loh or ls.
Reply Quote
I'm fine with it the way it is. Yes, it gives me a lot of problems, but it just requires me to shift my strategy and I just can't facetank that combination of affixes that I can with others. It's annoying, but can't be overcome.
Reply Quote
It is annoying but that is all. If we continue to complain to make the game easier then really what is the point? Invulnerability mode is fine for some but lets keep some sort of challenge/difficulty in the game.
Reply Quote
no more nerfs . they need to actually make things harder not easier
Reply Quote
Agreed. While it may be more challenging to fight specific mobs with these affixes it also keeps things interesting. I would get bored a whole lot faster if I could simply face-tank every elite pack in the game on mp10.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]