Diablo® III

Issues Switching Characters and Item Label Display

(Sticky)

Community Manager
Hey everyone,

We're currently looking into two issues that are affecting players who've patched up to 1.0.8:

• Item Label Display is reverting back to "Push to Show" after changing it to another setting.
    • Update: This issue has now been fixed with patch 1.0.8a.

• When trying to switch to a different character, the character model (including its class, gender, name, and banner) in the menu does not update, but equipped gear will. This appears to simply be a visual bug, as joining a game session will use the correct character.

We'll be sure to provide an update in this thread once we've more information. In the meantime, thank you for your reports! To help keep the conversation streamlined (this will help us talk to you better, and vice-versa), we're going to be locking and redirecting posts to this location.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/15/2013 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sounds good plan for it.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Another bug is that barbarian Inspiring Presence may or may not be affecting the barb himself. This was reported in the PTR forums as a bug, and is believed to be simply a tooltip/display issue, but it would be nice to have it confirmed. Is everyone but the barb getting the buff, or is the barb also getting it, too?

Edit: typo
Edited by Galx#1555 on 5/7/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Perhaps not just a visual bug. The person I was playing with was seeing that I was playing my level 43 DH when in fact I was playing my wizard. The DH was the character I could not switch away from.

Hope that helps...
Reply Quote
There's more to the issue with the character selection. f the character it keeps reverting to is a HC Character, the game will think you are playing HC even if you're not. You can still play with SC friends, but you have to invite them outside the game, and they can't invite you at all. If you die, it shows the HC death screen, and the exit to menu button will just revive you at the last checkpoint. I was terrified when I though I lost my SC Monk.
Reply Quote
just got this image while switching chararcters...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95560576@N03/8718570752/

that is supposed to be my DH, but it shows a barb wielding a Calamity!
Reply Quote
also cant swift to hardcore char

and wrong char info in friend list, it show my friends wiz 60 lv, but actually he is 56 lv
Reply Quote
just got this image while switching chararcters...

http://ww
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Lylirra
  • Item Label Display is reverting back to "Push to Show" after changing it to another setting.

If it is any help for the investigation of this bug...

On my own account, the option resets itself to "Push to toggle (On/Off)". I've never used this particular setting, so I'm not sure how it chose that one.

Just so you're aware that it isn't resetting itself to any single option for everyone. It seems to be random.

Additionally, the item labels themselves do not behave according to this setting whatsoever. Again, on my own account, the labels appear permanently, as soon as the items land on the ground, and never dissipate, so long as the items are not picked up. Pressing the "Show item labels" keybind has no action, even after changing it to various keys/mouse buttons.
Edited by Chrome91#1317 on 5/7/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not

how about commenting about why you chosen to make bigger mob density but reducing the xp and item drops? the only thing that accomplishes is making the game take longer and the computer work harder. that kind of defeats the purpose of having to increase density now doesnt it? im sure people will want to waste their time fighting off useless trash mobs for no experience, gold and drops.

i dont understand why you would implement a feature to help people actually save their time, like salvaging without prompts, and auto identify......when you could make them accomplish the same thing but make it take much longer to do, just like you did with the density buff and xp/drop nerf.

why not just remove the identify all option and make it take an extra 3 seconds to identify an item, just to keep the wastefulness on par with what youve done with the density buff and experience/drop nerfs?

you really made key farming an enjoyable experience. now i have to sift through thousands of garbage mobs just to find one of the very few elite packs.

Nothing got nerfed, it got balanced. It makes no sense to have mob types with low HP give the same XP and loot chance as high HP mobs, especially when those low HP mobs come in huge clusters. Doing that creates 'scorpion runs' that we had before, because they are so obviously the best.
Reply Quote
why will gold dissapreing??
Reply Quote
I made a thread that my SC DH is missing and My lvl 60 HC barb is duped into its place.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Another bug is that barbarian Inspiring Presence may or may not be affecting the barb himself. This was reported in the PTR forums as a bug, and is believed to be simply a tooltip/display issue, but it would be nice to have it confirmed. Is everyone but the barb getting the buff, or is the barb also getting it, too?

Thanks for the report. We sent this up so it could be looked at as well. Of course, as soon as we have an update we'll let you all know. Thanks again!

EDIT: So, we've seen multiple posts from players saying that Inspiring Presence is not affecting the Barbarian or other party members. When these posts first started to appear, we were pretty darn sure everything was working correctly. Your reports mean a lot to us, though, so we decided to hop into the game to do some testing of our own. We were able to confirm that everyone in the party was benefiting from the appropriate amount of additional regeneration, but the way Inspiring Presence it works in 1.0.8 visually is a little tricky. It now works similarly to a heal-over-time spell, which prevents it from updating in the details section of the character stat window.

I think it's important that I let you know how we tested it, so you can see it for yourself. The first step is to turn on Healing numbers. You can do this in Options > Gameplay > Display Healing Numbers. Make sure you have no Shouts activated, and remove a piece of gear with Vitality on it. Once you put that piece of Vitality gear back on, you should notice a green number floating off of your characters head, and that's how much Life you're regenerating every half second. Next, perform a Shout that will activate Inspiring Presence, and you (and your party members) should notice a distinct increase in that number.

We agree that this can be confusing for players, so we’re taking a look at how to make those values more noticeable. Beyond that, we don't have any additional information about if or when Inspiring Presence will update the Life Regeneration stat in the character pane, but we'll let you know when we do.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/8/2013 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so 1.0.8 are false alarm on update.?
Reply Quote
All Jokes aside,

The switching characters bug seems to have been fixed. At least on my end
Edited by Kreature#1819 on 5/7/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
One other minor thing -- using the alt key to see items on the ground does not persist for a few seconds like before the patch. No big deal.

Thanks for 1.08 -- the monster density and item comparison in the GAH are great!
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/1vuyh1g.jpg

Calamity Barb

Edit: After I alt-tabbed out of the game to post that pic, the graphical bug was gone, and I'm unable to produce more. Hope that information helps. Switching characters is still a little delayed compared to 1.0.7, I'm sure you guys will fix the issue :D
Edited by DennyT#1245 on 5/7/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
another hybrid DH.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95560576@N03/8717608171/in/photostream
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]