Diablo® III

Issues Switching Characters and Item Label Display

1 Human Warrior
05/07/2013 11:59 AMPosted by dajusta
Right "looking into"..
Mine's displaying correctly now -- was having the issue earlier -- give them a break -- sheesh
Reply Quote
off-topic comment:

I haven't played in a bit, just got on to check out the new patch. I vaguely remember gold on the RMAH selling for around .25/million (much less on 3rd party sites). I just checked and now its .25/TEN Million . . ?

Did the (admittedly already dreadful) economy get that much worse in the last month or so since I played?

As for the patch, all the monster density changes and ID all feature made me think was "why wasn't it like this a year ago . . .were the original devs really that clueless?"

And of course nothing can be done to fix this http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9989/infographiclarge.png

. . . .sigh . . . .
Reply Quote
you are so sweet, guys...and funny

should i be lucky that i still cant download the new patch? HAHA
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Lylirra
Item Label Display is reverting back to "Push to Show" after changing it to another setting.

Thanks for being proactive (well proactive in a past sort of tense I guess). I notice this annoying bug immediately. I hope it's fixed soon as it's very intrusive to gameplay experience. I doubt many use the push to show option on purpose...
Reply Quote
Why do I continually have to make 2 attempts to resume a game. First attempt takes 60 seconds maybe its 30 but extremely annoying.
Reply Quote
Another bug is when my followers puzzle ring spawns a goblin i get the alert "emc has engaged Templar" haha nothing serioous
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 02:05 PMPosted by emc
Another bug is when my followers puzzle ring spawns a goblin i get the alert "emc has engaged Templar" haha nothing serioous

Lol we can finally beat the crap out of our followers, lol...
Edited by ForbiddenAgl#1931 on 5/7/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for looking into this. My "push to show" is having just that problem. It's frustrating, so thanks for working on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was able to play yesterday before patching today and now i can't even get in. I'll download the patch, it completes and then i try to run the game and it says and i quote below.

"We could not connect to the battle.net service. Please check your internet connection and try again.

And then it proceeds to tell me to click on a link below which is an error code and i've also done everything that told me to.

I in fact have internet connection because my brother was just able to update it himself even though he hasn't in a while. He's in the room next to me. My computer and router are also both showing that i have internet access.
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
Another bug is that barbarian Inspiring Presence may or may not be affecting the barb himself. This was reported in the PTR forums as a bug, and is believed to be simply a tooltip/display issue, but it would be nice to have it confirmed. Is everyone but the barb getting the buff, or is the barb also getting it, too?

Thanks for the report. We sent this up so it could be looked at as well. Of course, as soon as we have an update we'll let you all know. Thanks again!

I was the first person to report this on the PTR forum a long time ago!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8704280463#7
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
Another bug is that barbarian Inspiring Presence may or may not be affecting the barb himself. This was reported in the PTR forums as a bug, and is believed to be simply a tooltip/display issue, but it would be nice to have it confirmed. Is everyone but the barb getting the buff, or is the barb also getting it, too?

Thanks for the report. We sent this up so it could be looked at as well. Of course, as soon as we have an update we'll let you all know. Thanks again!

I tested this just now, and I can confirm that Inspiring Presence's health regen bonus does not show up on the Details panel of the character sheet, but it does in fact work as advertised.

By turning on the health display numbers, I was able to see what I was regenerating per tick. Since I have ~64k HP, Inspiring Presence should add ~1300/sec. I tested the following conditions:

Equipment only - display 692/sec, ticks for 346.
Equipment + Inspiring Presence - display 692, but ticks for 985.
Equipment + Warcry (Invigorate) - display 1312, ticks for 652.
Equipment + Warcry (Invigorate) + Inspiring Presence - display 1312, ticks for 1358.

Since health regen (apparently) ticks every half second, the 985 ticks I was getting translate into 1965/sec (685 equipment + 1300 Inspiring Presence), which adds up.
Edited by Mercy#1158 on 5/7/2013 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How about we look into the gold duping, because its clearly going on
Reply Quote
cannot login..
Reply Quote
yeah tons of twitch channels with gold duping
Reply Quote
On my own account, the option resets itself to "Push to toggle (On/Off)". I've never used this particular setting, so I'm not sure how it chose that one.

Just so you're aware that it isn't resetting itself to any single option for everyone. It seems to be random.

Additionally, the item labels themselves do not behave according to this setting whatsoever. Again, on my own account, the labels appear permanently, as soon as the items land on the ground, and never dissipate, so long as the items are not picked up. Pressing the "Show item labels" keybind has no action, even after changing it to various keys/mouse buttons.

^This is exactly what is happening to my account. There is no way to hide any dropped items whatsoever.

My gameplay settings appear to have changed because I don't see HP over character's heads anymore either.

MacBook Pro 15" - Late 2011
Reply Quote
As someone said, I also noticed that you have to continually hold the alt key down to see items on the ground. Item names disappear as soon as you release the key. Not sure if this is a bug or intended but, just though I'd let you know in case it is a minor bug.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]