Diablo® III

Drop rate might need some clarification

•The following monsters have their experience and chance to drop loot modified to better align with their hit points:
•Accursed, Betrayed, Bile Crawlers, Blazing Guardians, Blazing Ghouls Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Crazed Cultists, Crazed Summoners, Dark Conjurers, Dark Cultists, Dark Moon Clan Impalers, Dark Summoners, Dark Zealots, Deranged Cultists, Doom Wraiths, Dust Shamblers, Enraged Zealots, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Foul Conjurers , Frost Guardians, Ghouls, Hungry Corpses, Moon Clan Impalers, Murderous Fiends, Noxious Guardians, Ravenous Dead, Retching Cadavers, Reviled, Savage Fiends, Spiderlings, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Shock Guardians, Skeletal Crawlers, Smoldering Constructs, Spine Lashers Stygian Crawlers, Tormented Stingers, Toxic Constructs, and Vicious Ghouls

It says "modified", not "decreased", but a lot of people seems to think everything got a decrease.

I'm on EU so can't test it yet, maybe a blue can share some insight before a (hopefully) unnecessary wave of mass hysteria hits the forum.
Reply Quote
•The following monsters have their experience and chance to drop loot modified to better align with their hit points:
•Accursed, Betrayed, Bile Crawlers, Blazing Guardians, Blazing Ghouls Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Crazed Cultists, Crazed Summoners, Dark Conjurers, Dark Cultists, Dark Moon Clan Impalers, Dark Summoners, Dark Zealots, Deranged Cultists, Doom Wraiths, Dust Shamblers, Enraged Zealots, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Foul Conjurers , Frost Guardians, Ghouls, Hungry Corpses, Moon Clan Impalers, Murderous Fiends, Noxious Guardians, Ravenous Dead, Retching Cadavers, Reviled, Savage Fiends, Spiderlings, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Shock Guardians, Skeletal Crawlers, Smoldering Constructs, Spine Lashers Stygian Crawlers, Tormented Stingers, Toxic Constructs, and Vicious Ghouls

It says "modified", not "decreased", but a lot of people seems to think everything got a decrease.

I'm on EU so can't test it yet, maybe a blue can share some insight before a (hopefully) unnecessary wave of mass hysteria hits the forum.

I would appreciate a response as well.

It seems like they are trying to deter you from logging in and mass killing low HP mobs for 60 seconds, then exiting and starting a new game. But I'm curious about what the actual numbers are - if you add monster density to new acts but make it so farming those new acts is worth less in drops/xp, what was the point?
Reply Quote
I can't help but notice there's almost no monsters on that list from Act 3. So they buff the density for acts 1, 2 and 4, but then nerf the droprates for those acts, thus making everyone stay in act 3 anyways. Fantastic blizzard. Back to Keeps 2 I go.
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 12:27 PMPosted by LordAnkou
I can't help but notice there's almost no monsters on that list from Act 3. So they buff the density for acts 1, 2 and 4, but then nerf the droprates for those acts, thus making everyone stay in act 3 anyways. Fantastic blizzard. Back to Keeps 2 I go.

I don't think it's an across the board nerf. They did the same thing to the tormented stingers in Act 3 so its not like Act 3 wasn't touched. I think the goal is that, if you can 1 hit something, it should be worth less in xp and loot than something that takes longer to kill.

Of course, I haven't been able to test this yet, I'm just using common sense. But Blizzard doesn't always abide by that so who knows. But I certainly didn't see this change in any of the PTR patch notes.
Reply Quote
Reading comprehension ftw.

Monsters with low hit points had drop rate decreased; monsters with high hit points had drop rate increased.
Reply Quote
Reading comprehension ftw.

Monsters with low hit points had drop rate decreased; monsters with high hit points had drop rate increased.

One could read it like that. Personally, I'd like to see the numbers instead of a vague statement like that. Or some time to check whether I get more/less/the same amount of (good) loot.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Here are the exact values for clarification:

• Experience granted by the following monsters has been reduced to better match their HP:
    • By 75% for:
      • Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, Spiderlings, Stygian Crawlers, and Tormented Stingers

• By 60% for:
      • Accursed, Betrayed, Blazing Ghouls, Ghouls, Murderous Fiends, Reviled, Savage Fiends, and Vicious Ghouls

• By 50% for:
      • Bile Crawlers, Crazed Cultists, Crazed Summoners, Dark Conjurers, Dark Cultists, Dark Summoners, Dark Zealots, Deranged Cultists, Doom Wraiths, Enraged Zealots, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Foul Conjurers, Ravenous Dead, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Skeletal Crawlers, and Spine Lashers

• By 40% for:
      • Dark Moon Clan Impalers, Moon Clan Impalers

• By 34% for:
      • Blazing Guardians, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Frost Guardians, Noxious Guardians, Shock Guardians, Smoldering Constructs, and Toxic Constructs

• By 25% for:
      • Dust Shamblers, Hungry Corpses, Retching Cadavers

• The chance for the following monsters to drop loot has also been reduced to better match their HP:
    • By 60% for:
      • Accursed, Betrayed, Blazing Ghouls, Ghouls, Murderous Fiends, Reviled, Savage Fiends, and Vicious Ghouls

• By 50% for:
      • Bile Crawlers, Crazed Cultists, Dark Cultists, Dark Zealots, Deranged Cultists, Doom Wraiths, Enraged Zealots, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Ravenous Dead, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Skeletal Crawlers, and Spine Lashers

• By 40% for:

• By 34% for:
      • Blazing Guardians, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Frost Guardians, Noxious Guardians, Shock Guardians, Smoldering Constructs. and Toxic Constructs

• By 25% for:
      • Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, Crazed Summoners, Dark Conjurers, Dark Summoners, Dust Shamblers, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Foul Conjurers, Hungry Corpses, Retching Cadavers, Spiderlings

These changes were about balancing monster difficulty vs. monster reward. It also helped us make sure that we weren't making any zones in Act I, Act II, and Act IV too OP, or the next must-go-to place for farming, by increasing their density. This way, zones should be more even in terms of reward, which should in turn give players more options when deciding where they want to farm.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this blue post. Players really like to see raw numbers, transparency goes a long way with your player base.
Edited by Rezakhan#1449 on 5/9/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
waiting on AH day 2

rollback would have lost 6 hours just saying
Reply Quote
Is that really as massive a nerf to XP and drops as it looks, or am I missing something?
Reply Quote
SO we can get a response on this, but not a response on the increase in gold in the economy ??? So that WE can decide if the economy is ruined instead of you deciding it for us ?

I really hate the way Blues pick and choose questions to answer, especially since they usually pick the ones that aren't highest in demand ... of course, thats probably because we wouldn't like those answers, and blizzard would look bad.

Worse, I should say worse, they already look bad.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Increase? If you can find an Elite Mob and a regular mob having the same drop rate than you can clearly convince them to buff that specific Elite. Sadly, none of you do a research. So no Buff would be done. Doubt they will release a drop rate chart on every mob.
Reply Quote

• Experience granted by the following monsters has been reduced to better match their HP:
    • By 75% for:
      • Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, Spiderlings, Stygian Crawlers, and Tormented Stingers

• By 60% for:

• By 50% for:
      • Bile Crawlers, Crazed Cultists, Crazed Summoners, Dark Conjurers, Dark Cultists, Dark Summoners, Dark Zealots, Deranged Cultists, Doom Wraiths, Enraged Zealots, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Foul Conjurers, Ravenous Dead, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Skeletal Crawlers, and Spine Lashers

• By 40% for:

• By 34% for:
      • Blazing Guardians, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Frost Guardians, Noxious Guardians, Shock Guardians, Smoldering Constructs, and Toxic Constructs

• By 25% for:

• The chance for the following monsters to drop loot has also been reduced to better match their HP:
    • By 60% for:

• By 50% for:
      • Bile Crawlers, Crazed Cultists, Dark Cultists, Dark Zealots, Deranged Cultists, Doom Wraiths, Enraged Zealots, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Ravenous Dead, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Skeletal Crawlers, and Spine Lashers

• By 40% for:

• By 34% for:
      • Blazing Guardians, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Frost Guardians, Noxious Guardians, Shock Guardians, Smoldering Constructs. and Toxic Constructs

• By 25% for:
      • Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, Crazed Summoners, Dark Conjurers, Dark Summoners, Dust Shamblers, Fallen, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Peons, Fallen Soldiers, Foul Conjurers, Hungry Corpses, Retching Cadavers, Spiderlings

These changes were about balancing monster difficulty vs. monster reward. It also helped us make sure that we weren't making any zones in Act I, Act II, and Act IV too OP, or the next must-go-to place for farming, by increasing their density. This way, zones should be more even in terms of reward, which should in turn give players more options when deciding where they want to farm.

Wow .......... nuff said
Reply Quote

• By 75% for:

• By 60% for:

• By 50% for:

• By 40% for:

• By 34% for:

• By 25% for:

• By 60% for:

• By 50% for:

• By 40% for:

• By 34% for:

• By 25% for:

So once again we get the "on one hand see what we did for you isn't it great? "(monster density) then as a side maybe they wont notice "oh by the way no trash mob is worth killing anymore even though there is twice as many"

Why do you insist on giving on one hand and taking away more than you gave with the other? Really a STUPID way of doing things.
Edited by Wamdoan#1100 on 5/9/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the clarification Lylirra. Unfortunately this will start a whole new wave of QQ threads about drops/exp being nerfed but it proves you guys value transparency just as much as we do.

To anyone who is looking at this huge list and assuming the worst based on a gut instinct, Fear not! Players are gaining experience and finding legendaries faster than EVER before and that's a fact. Don't underestimate the power of the new Multiplayer SIN (Stength in Numbers) buff, it's multiplicative!

You dev's must be absolutely exhausted after the past 24hours.. I hope each coffee is tasting as good as the last. Talk soon!
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Lylirra
Here are the exact values for clarification

Thank you Lylirra! I appreciate the transparency!
Reply Quote
Thanks for answering Lylirra.

By the way, the new mob density is awesome.
Reply Quote
Must be why I haven't found crap in two days.
Reply Quote
So,

"This way, zones should be more even in terms of reward, which should in turn give players more options when deciding where they want to farm."

As in every zone sucks now, we have nerfed them all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]