Diablo® III

World top 20 WD blog p2 - 72 hrs still locked

My blog got maxxed out with 501 replies, something I am pretty proud of and wasn't intentional at all on my part. here's the link to it here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979988904

So this will be a continuation of that blog, clearly.
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 5/10/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And with the first reply... patch 1.0.8 and the gold duping.

the tipping point of this game might be coming soon...
Reply Quote
They should refund all the victims
ban the exploiters...
and shutdown the RMAH permanently from now on...
and bring on the itemization asap
Reply Quote
but i gotta admit, playing without gems on is.... liberating ( Y )
Reply Quote
They should refund all the victims
ban the exploiters...
and shutdown the RMAH permanently from now on...
and bring on the itemization asap

well they can't do that. I have some items in there I would need to retrieve first.
Reply Quote
... and I've been temporarily suspended.

gmail:

Greetings,

The Diablo III account attached to this Battle.net account has been locked pending an investigation by our staff regarding possible participation in recent economy exploitation. Provided this investigation does not reveal any extraordinary circumstances, this account will be unlocked as soon as this investigation has concluded. Please note that should the investigation uncover illicitly gained currency and/or items, this account may receive adjustments to its in-game inventory, as appropriate. In certain cases, accounts may be permanently closed for extreme exploitation of the Diablo III economy.

Blizzard apologizes for any inconvenience and thanks you for your understanding of our efforts to ensure a fair and healthy game play environment.

Thank you,

Diablo III CS Team
Blizzard Entertainment
Reply Quote
^ well that sucks...
Reply Quote
Probably due to your recent sale.
Reply Quote
Gah. Hope it clears up for you Raki. :(
Reply Quote
i just heard about the gold duping on the rmah as i was busy last night

BLizz/Activision need better IT people. How can they let something like that go into the wild? Where was the QA? Who are the developers? Pathetic

I read about a duper in china who duped trillions of gold...who also went into the ah and bought every 2b item they found.

I read about another duper who bought a bunch of 2b items and when he thought there would be a rollback, he just dropped them all on the ground and logged out lol

i don't know what to say right now
Reply Quote
If you notice, they stopped gold trading between players.

I'm pretty sure they are going to go through and manually remove the gold and any items resulting from said gold.
Reply Quote
that's fine...they can try and clean up this mess, HOWEVER, all the good gear on the ah are gone. This means that there will be a pause in any advancement to characters.

Nothing they can do will bring that gear back unless they do a rollback and they have already said they aren't doing a rollback
Reply Quote
that's fine...they can try and clean up this mess, HOWEVER, all the good gear on the ah are gone. This means that there will be a pause in any advancement to characters.

Nothing they can do will bring that gear back unless they do a rollback and they have already said they aren't doing a rollback

Very true. There was a 12% life zuni pox on the AH (for way too much, but..) that was identical to mine nearly, minus life regen. It was a 6% EHP upgrade. Was really hoping it'd be relisted for a lower price. Pretty sure it's gone now, unless the gold dupers had no interest in a high EHP zuni pox.
Edited by GamerObscura#1236 on 5/8/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Raki why did they ban you? Did you sell heaps of gems or something? I doubt they'll do a complete rollback, but I wouldn't be surprised if AH is down for a few days and they rollback gold/items (but not xp). I'm sure they'll unban you soon.

And I'm sure you won't be missing much in the meantime :(
Reply Quote
Wow Raki, seriously!? That is some sh*t right there...
Reply Quote

First off with the AH still down how do you know that all the "good" items are gone? Yes they may technically unavailable because the AH is locked but it is very unlikely Blizzard would decide to completely purge the AH.

Even if they do purge it, it would only be a matter of time before top tier items return. Another idea would be to completely reset both AHs, effectively erasing everything, then going into every player's account and removing all accumulated gold. Only allowing items equipped or in stash to be retained.

Also it might be interesting to not have the AH return for awhile as it would force players to rely on each other more by making connects through third party sites or friend of friends to find upgrades.

You'll be fine Raki. In fact you might come out better after all this is over. From the sounds of it you were the victim here and by one member's opinion of a supposed jury of your peers I find you not guilty of all charges. For what's it worth anyway.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Ocko

First off with the AH still down how do you know that all the "good" items are gone? Yes they may technically unavailable because the AH is locked but it is very unlikely Blizzard would decide to completely purge the AH.

I know many players that were around before blizz realized what was going on. Me, i was at work just reading text messages and getting calls from friends who were telling me what the heck was going on in the ah. At one point before the ah went down, all 2billion gold items with 2b buyouts were being bought up at an alarming rate.

Eventually, some caught on and started listing crappy items at 2b and those were being bought up too. People duped trillions of gold and were just buying stuff up.

So let me rephrase...i can't tell you with 100% certainty that ALL good items are gone from the ah, but a significant amount of good items listed on the ah are now gone. Bought by gold dupers, then laundered to other accounts.

they have to do a rollback...but blizz probably won't because they made 15% on the trillions of gold that was traded yesterday.

This is not good for legit players. We will never be able to get good gear now.

Welcome to hyper-inflation...and get use to 3rd party sites if you want decent gear. I will not be able to upgrade my char on the ah anymore...not after yesterday's stupidity
Reply Quote
no I didn't dupe gold. No I didn't exploit the gem market. I was at work when all this went down.

so unbeknownst the drama of today's gold duping and AH crisis (I just came home from work), I sold a pair of lacuni prowlers (priced 25b) for 20b and my EF (priced 10b) for 15b.

1) I don't have a replacement weapon and it was impossible to ignore that offer, so there's that

2) the obvious question stands: what is going to happen with the gold I just acquired? If a roll back does happen... do I get my EF back? Does the gold disappear? This was an honest sale... will I fall victim?

EDIT: buyer's name is Principal#1918

copy and paste from my blog part 1
Reply Quote
the person who bought your items, most definitely exploited yesterdays events.

You may want to begin screening your buyers. Looking at his profile there is no reason he needs to dump 35b into two items, nor does it look like he would have had 35b unless he purchased hundreds of dollars in gold, or some other trickery. So perhaps a small lesson could be taken from this?

I have no doubt you'll get your account back, though I'm sure they'll probably remove that gold from your account, and return the two items, via individual rollback. I think at this point you should be worried if your gear is going to become bind to account after it has been rolled back.
Reply Quote
the person who bought your items, most definitely exploited yesterdays events.

You may want to begin screening your buyers. Looking at his profile there is no reason he needs to dump 35b into two items, nor does it look like he would have had 35b unless he purchased hundreds of dollars in gold, or some other trickery. So perhaps a small lesson could be taken from this?

I have no doubt you'll get your account back, though I'm sure they'll probably remove that gold from your account, and return the two items, via individual rollback. I think at this point you should be worried if your gear is going to become bind to account after it has been rolled back.

yes this is exactly what i think will happen...Raki's account will be returned but bound to account. Rak, I truly hope this doesn't happen. but this is what blizz does now when there is any contraversy with rollbacks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]