Diablo® III

Terrifying RMAH bug with large gold purchases

I bought 4 billion gold in a single purchase today through the RMAH. the RMAH listed it as a 10m gold purchase in the transaction log, and when the auction cleared there was only 10m gold to send to stash. When I hit send to stash, I also got a message saying "10m gold sent to stash." However, my wallet balance did update by 4 billion, so in the end it worked. Not before I wasted the time of a very nice support rep named Pengerothi, though.

Not sure what the threshold is for the bug, but a separate 1 billion purchase went through fine.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/2FcntCq.jpg
Reply Quote
doesn't your screenshot show a purchase of 10 million gold, or did I have too much too drink? :)
Reply Quote
That's the bug. Unless you thought I paid $100 for it :)
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 02:13 PMPosted by NhojCire
doesn't your screenshot show a purchase of 10 million gold, or did I have too much too drink? :)

Learn...to...read....
Reply Quote

Learn...to...read....

apparently i had too much to drink
Reply Quote
Hah, well, it sure looks like I discovered the wrong half of an overflow -- the other half was the gold dupe.

I feel kinda dumb. Hope Blizzard does the right thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]