Diablo® III

Any advise for a "new" 60 wizard?

I just started playing this game again. The last time I played was like the first two months of release, back when 30k dps wasn't "absolutely" awful.
Anyway, can someone look at my gear and tell me what I should be upgrading first? I don't really have much money, but apparently I can farm inferno act 3 mp0 now (decreased difficulty from launch lol) Also, I'm not sure on builds anymore, last I played everyone was using the blizzard/hydra build. It's been a while.
Reply Quote
you're just going to have to wait for the AH to come back online and re-buy all of your gear.
but don't worry you should be able to upgrade very easily.

just FYI there was a gold dupe when the latest patch came out the other day, so AH prices may be inflated ALOT, when it comes back online, might not be i don't know, but you will be able to gear to 100k dps+ with good AR and 40k life pretty easily.

i do remember when inferno was so tough every class made a kiting build, but these days if you roll wiz you either archon or cm/ww.
you've been gone a while, the times have changed alot =P
Reply Quote
oh and welcome back and good-luck :D
Reply Quote
you're just going to have to wait for the AH to come back online and re-buy all of your gear.
but don't worry you should be able to upgrade very easily.

just FYI there was a gold dupe when the latest patch came out the other day, so AH prices may be inflated ALOT, when it comes back online, might not be i don't know, but you will be able to gear to 100k dps+ with good AR and 40k life pretty easily.

i do remember when inferno was so tough every class made a kiting build, but these days if you roll wiz you either archon or cm/ww.
you've been gone a while, the times have changed alot =P

Haha thanks! This was back when everyone was complaining about barb being completely useless, now I see everyone praising barb. *confused*

Anyway, that's good to know: with all the inflation, around how much IGG would I need to get arond 100k DPS / 40k life / some AR? o-o

Thanks for the post!
Reply Quote
no idea about how bad inflation is going to be until the AH re opens and then cools down for a few weeks.
Reply Quote
The game is terrible now. no challenge or compromise in gearing you can beat mp10 relatively fast for 100m gold which should be about $1. . monsters damage nerfed hard so so no death with medium mitigation/ehp. no enrage so doesnt matter your dps you can play highest levels. Good old days are long gone. Now its just mindlessly stack dps and face tank. no finesse teamwork or struggles over gear choices. Nothing to overcome

If you want when AH comes up i'll build you a GG wiz cheap. Everyone plays freeze cm looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2M6EFUZLQY
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/9/2013 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The game is terrible now. no challenge or compromise in gearing you can beat mp10 relatively fast for 100m gold which should be about $1. . monsters damage nerfed hard so so no death with medium mitigation/ehp. no enrage so doesnt matter your dps you can play highest levels. Good old days are long gone. Now its just mindlessly stack dps and face tank. no finesse teamwork or struggles over gear choices.

If you want when AH comes up i'll build you a GG wiz cheap. Everyone plays freeze cm looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2M6EFUZLQY

Yeah, I did notice the toned down difficulty. Before, I was getting 2 shotted in act 2 inferno, and now I'm slightly tanky in act 3. This is all mp0 of course though. xD

Wow, that'd be very generous of you o:

Quick question! Which build is preferred: CM or Archon? Is it just a preference thing? From what I've gathered those are the two most popular wizard builds currently.
Reply Quote
Both are good. But archon is fortune to do well in mp10. CM id say wins price/performace and fun factor
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Aimless
Both are good. But archon is fortune to do well in mp10. CM id say wins price/performace and fun factor

Okay! Thanks for being so helpful!
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Unparty

Ignore his doom and gloom rant about the game being no fun, though. As of 1.08 it's much more fun.
Reply Quote
@op there are 2 main builds which are cm or archon
i suggest u watch a few videos to see which u prefer
also cm is fairly keyboard input intensive
so it might not be for u if u dont like mashing keys repeatedly

there is also meteor based builds (shagalicious or raining meteor) and Malakai has created several new builds which i know next to nothing about tbh
Reply Quote

Ignore his doom and gloom rant about the game being no fun, though. As of 1.08 it's much more fun.

Yeah, I quit for a while because Inferno was just ridiculous and I wasn't really accomplishing anything. I like the Paragon system, and I like how they sort of "redid" Ubers. So now I feel like I have something to do in my spare time before classes start again :D

EDIT: I hear the mob density change is pretty cool too. Is that only seen in various MP levels? And if so, does it scale the higher the MP level is set to?
Edited by Unparty#1360 on 5/9/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nah as long as you are mp1 or higher you get the increased density.

As an aside to Steel's post, there are two powerful efficient builds, but there are tons of builds out there that work (even in mp10.)

Both archon and perma-freeze (SNS) are fun, but they are sort of one trick ponies, so personally I mix other builds in for fun
Reply Quote
Things is with cm you can make anything work well. here is why - being high crit and ias others things willl proc well too. Being highly defended as a melee wiz the no freeze builds work well too. I just swap a couple parts and 520K archon with ls. Or a couple more and 360K shaggy metoer dropper. CM is a better core IMHO
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/9/2013 10:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Aimless
Things is with cm you can make anything work well. here is why - being high crit and ias others things willl proc well too. Being highly defended as a melee wiz the no freeze builds work well too. I just swap a couple parts and 520K archon with ls. Or a couple more and 360K shaggy metoer dropper. CM is a better core IMHO

I think I would prefer CM over Archon, I'll have to test some of the builds out after I finish act 3

EDIT: I've got the basic skill build down for CM. I kinda like that it's more of a tanky build, whereas Archon is running around trying to stay in form. I'm assuming it takes a very certain type of gear, because those tornadoes cost tons of resources xD

EDIT#2: Oh, that's what APOC is! Arcane Power on crit. That explains it lol.
Edited by Unparty#1360 on 5/9/2013 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OP, If you add me in game I have been saving gear that will help you get started into your paragon adventure
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Shroomyman
OP, If you add me in game I have been saving gear that will help you get started into your paragon adventure

There are so many nice people in this forum. o_o

So a bunch of people have given me free stuff and my DPS has essentially doubled.
I'm definitely going to be going for a CM build.

Stats:
2.1 APS
28% CC
I think 277 AR
3457 armor
53.7k DPS
18 APoC
33.2k life

What should I work on upgrading first?
Edited by Unparty#1360 on 5/10/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Unparty

There are so many nice people in this forum. o_o

So a bunch of people have given me free stuff and my DPS has essentially doubled.
I'm definitely going to be going for a CM build.

Stats:
2.1 APS
28% CC
I think 277 AR
3457 armor
53.7k DPS
18 APoC
33.2k life

What should I work on upgrading first?

Shameless bump. Paragon 7!
Reply Quote
If you wanna make some gear set, add me. Even 5m gold will make you freeze high MPs. RobertVarga#1345
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 10:52 PMPosted by RobertVarga
If you wanna make some gear set, add me. Even 5m gold will make you freeze high MPs. RobertVarga#1345

I'll be on tomorrow. I'll have to buy some things in pieces, the last time I played I spent all my gold making the infernal pony staff and gearing my horrible DH xD

I think my gloves are pretty decent though, the only thing they're missing is AR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]