Diablo® III

Rapid Fire Build Guide MP10 Farming - 1.0.8

Video added:

http://youtu.be/8Y3JH48-jsc

After testing extensively, my opinion is RF is viable and better for farming at higher MPs and lower MPs. Using Mantico.

First of all, you need to have at least hatred generation of 9 per sec with Bat Companion activated. High critical chance is recommended. If possible, get a good SOJ and DML with RF CC bonus. Game play is the most important. Don't miss it at the end of this thread.

The Build:

Grenades * Thinkerer - Shoot 3 grenades dealing 95% dmg each is not the main reason for this skill. The ability to generate 6 Hatred is. Hatred pool is 150 so in theory 8 shots of 3x6 will fill up the pool provided all grenades hit the mob. This should be your secondary weapon.
Bola*Bitter Pill - You may also use this skill to regenerate disc with nice dps.

Rapid Fire * Bombardment - This is your main weapon. With 150 hatred pool, you can channel 25 seconds or more continuously provided there is no break up. 414% dmg and AOE of 8 yards is arguably the most powerful skill currently available to DH. You may also try Fire support rune but it is less effective against big group of mob. It excel in single target. Game play is important. I will explain later.

Companion* Bat - 3 Hatred generation per sec.

Vault * Tumble - You need this skill to get out of sticky situations.

Shadow Power * Blood Moon - Don't think this need further explanation. Bood Moon rune increase life steal to 25% cannot be overlooked. You can also use rune Night Bane for additional 3 Hatred per sec but sacrificing additional life steal or Gloom, which ever suit you better.

Optional:
Rain of Vengeance*Beastly bomb - The massive damage cause by the bomb is huge. Cool down of 30 sec is acceptable.
Caltrop * Bait the trap - For more DPS or Cull the weak.
Sentry * Guardian Turret - Extra dmg and protection. You can always use other skill for this eg Preparation. This is the 1st time I opted out on Preparation. Will explain in game play.

Passives skills :

Nightstalker - Basically for Perma Gloom. Worked wonder with RF now.

Vengeance - Max hatred +25 and gain 20 hatred and Disc when heal by health globe.

Perfectionist - Reduce 10% Discipline costs and increase all your defenses by 10% including Life, or
Steady Aim - A good passive because once you start channeling further than 10 yards, the 20% additional damage will continue to kick in even though enemies are moving closer than 10 Yard provided you don't break the channeling (snapshot).
Archery - Plus 50% CD for Mantico
Cull The Weak - This is also an option with 15% additional damage provided you use cold element SOJ, Buriza and Azkaranth on Scoundrel

You may also want to consider using Templar as your follower if you need additional hatred generation of 1 hatred per sec

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#Uchgdk!Xbf!acZZbc

Game play

The main beauty of RF is the ability to channel at amazing speed and crit hits. A full 150 hatred pool will allow you to channel non-stop for 25 Sec or more (estimated for Mantico). Imagine what dmg you can deal with rapid 414% weapon dmg for 25 sec. Don't worry if some of the grenades miss the targets, just don't break the channeling or else incur 20 hatred again. Always remember this, your Shadow Power * Gloom when activated before firing RF will always remain active even after 5 seconds. If there is no break in your channeling, SP will last for 25 secs. Don't waste Disc and activate SP when you see your character is without tentacle. SP is still working "snapshot". How wonderful! That is why I don't need Preparation anymore.

When confronting elites or mobs, 1st activate your SP and shoot some grenades or Bola (if u use this) to steal some life just in case, then either sentry or beastly bomb before you start channeling. Whenever you are low on hatred, activate SP again and shoot grenades. The hatred pool will be filed up in no time (8 shots plus 9 hatred per sec generation) because there are also Health globe lying around which also fill up your hatred and disc. Make sure you have pick up radius bonus. Make sure you hit SP before channeling again. You will feel invincible by now and a bit tanky.

The problem arise when encounter with elites which can break your RF channeling eg Knockback, Voltex and etc. Don't panic, make sure that every time this happen, you need to reactivate your SP before channeling RF and while channeling don't waste Disc by pressing SP again.

If your try this out, I hope it will work for you because I m having fun time with this build.

Thanks for reading.

Cameo at your service.
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 6/22/2013 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Been playing around with this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcgVdh!Xbc!acYcbZ
Never run out of hatred, Vengeance is so beastly.
Oh forgot to mention, Grenade is definitely a great choice for primary skill. Switch right away.
Edit: Btw, I think you should focus more on skills/passives that increase damage. It's really hard to run out of hatred since the channeling cost is now reduced to only 6. Try grenade/poison gas maybe :p
Edited by MisterCigar#6531 on 5/10/2013 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Been playing around with this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcgVdh!Xbc!acYcbZ
Never run out of hatred, Vengeance is so beastly.
Oh forgot to mention, Grenade is definitely a great choice for primary skill. Switch right away.
Edit: Btw, I think you should focus more on skills/passives that increase damage. It's really hard to run out of hatred since the channeling cost is now reduced to only 6. Try grenade/poison gas maybe :p

I will always try any suggestion comment.
Reply Quote
I been farming act 2 for keys using just the Fire Support rune with Ballistics support alone with Fan of Daggers for in-your face situations.

Some scary damage. Don't care a whole lot for bombardment. Especially for crap that will not stay still, like goblins.
Reply Quote
Tested this build myself,tweaked and messed around with it, i find it compulsory to have over 55%cc to make this build synergies well.

i'd suggest you give preparation - punishment a try. perma RF FTW
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that only the life steal is snapshotted - damage reduction from gloom wears off while channeling.

Suggestion: use Blood Moon rune so you are snapshotting 25% lifesteal, you only have to cast once to get the full effect of the rune. I did this last night and the amount of lifesteal is just insane, I was standing in pools of plague/desecrator etc. with pretty low resists. The only thing is you MUST make sure you are hitting mobs... in the instant where I killed one elite and moved my cursor towards another, my life dropped like a stone if I was standing in multiple affixes. Keep that LS active.

(I use Fire Support because Bombardment is very hard to aim w/ windforce)

Another suggestion: Steady Aim is good with RF builds because it can be snapshotted as well. Make sure to start your channeling when no mobs are within 10 yards and you will maintain 20% dmg bonus throughout the attack, just like SP lifesteal.
Edited by SCOTTJ27#1798 on 5/10/2013 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that only the life steal is snapshotted - damage reduction from gloom wears off while channeling.

Suggestion: use Blood Moon rune so you are snapshotting 25% lifesteal, you only have to cast once to get the full effect of the rune. I did this last night and the amount of lifesteal is just insane, I was standing in pools of plague/desecrator etc. with pretty low resists. The only thing is you MUST make sure you are hitting mobs... in the instant where I killed one elite and moved my cursor towards another, my life dropped like a stone if I was standing in multiple affixes. Keep that LS active.

(I use Fire Support because Bombardment is very hard to aim w/ windforce)

Another suggestion: Steady Aim is good with RF builds because it can be snapshotted as well. Make sure to start your channeling when no mobs are within 10 yards and you will maintain 20% dmg bonus throughout the attack, just like SP lifesteal.

+1 Good suggestion on Blood moon. Never consider that as I seldom die with my higher hp. I will edit the build to Blood Moon to suit others.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Reply Quote
I still prefer gloom though, nice to pop for the damage reduction when you are about to get hit by something like lasers or on death explosions, and you can't or don't want to spend time avoiding it.

SA trick sounds useful, have you tested it properly?
Reply Quote
Try out my build - its beast. 873% Weapon Damage/sec with RF. Nothing owns elites like this.

If you are not using Nightstalker you don't need Cluster Grenades, use Volatile Explosives Bola instead which hits harder. Unless you wanna use Cluster Grenades anyway which also works.

I picked Vault ToC rather than Mortal Enemy, it works EXTREMELY well with RF, especially if you roll with Web Shot or Thrill of the Hunt. The only mobs that should concern you are "fat" mobs like Demonic Tremors, Phase Beasts, and Golgors that can one shot you if they get up close, or Vortex into Arcane, Molten, etc elites, Vault is the perfect escape from them and they will take damage chasing you through the fire trail as you pound them with RF too.

Nightstalker is not needed due to snapshotting mechanic, nor is Prep. For that same reason, Steady Aim is the best passive.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 5/10/2013 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I still prefer gloom though, nice to pop for the damage reduction when you are about to get hit by something like lasers or on death explosions, and you can't or don't want to spend time avoiding it.

SA trick sounds useful, have you tested it properly?

I m giving this a try. If true, we will have to thank ScottJ27 for pointing out.

I have tried but once the elite move closer to me, my paper dps dropped. Is SA still working?

Further testing showed that SA is trigger even though the paper dps has dropped when enemy come closer. So SA passive is a good one to have.
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 5/10/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
High MP still feels too slow to me, so I was playing around with this build on MP4 and was really liking it. I was going back and forth between BL and NT seeing which one worked the best. I think Ill have to do a full clear with each and time, because they both seemed good. If you want to kill elites faster than trash, the swap FoK for echoing blast.

If I had a better bow, Id be in mp 5 or 6 with this build no prob.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ichgTd!ZbY!abZabb
Reply Quote
I agree with Josef,
IMO Blood moon is a waste rune 15% is enough to stay alive. Gloom is more useful especially with Bombardment. The moment you start fighting is the most important moment you can get 1 shot before any curvy fire balls hit anythings, Gloom come in handy for this and so if you can take lot of hits then there is no point using Blood Moon either because you pretty much can tank.
Reply Quote
I agree with Josef,
IMO Blood moon is a waste rune 15% is enough to stay alive. Gloom is more useful especially with Bombardment. The moment you start fighting is the most important moment you can get 1 shot before any curvy fire balls hit anythings, Gloom come in handy for this and so if you can take lot of hits then there is no point using Blood Moon either because you pretty much can tank.

Point taken.
Reply Quote
Try out my build - its beast. 873% Weapon Damage/sec with RF. Nothing owns elites like this.

If you are not using Nightstalker you don't need Cluster Grenades, use Volatile Explosives Bola instead which hits harder. Unless you wanna use Cluster Grenades anyway which also works.

I picked Vault ToC rather than Mortal Enemy, it works EXTREMELY well with RF, especially if you roll with Web Shot or Thrill of the Hunt. The only mobs that should concern you are "fat" mobs like Demonic Tremors, Phase Beasts, and Golgors that can one shot you if they get up close, or Vortex into Arcane, Molten, etc elites, Vault is the perfect escape from them and they will take damage chasing you through the fire trail as you pound them with RF too.

Nightstalker is not needed due to snapshotting mechanic, nor is Prep. For that same reason, Steady Aim is the best passive.

Do you have enough Disc. in that build. No nightstalker. No prep but use SP and Vault.

I will test out a similar build over the weekend. But prob need to use the Vault rune with no Disc. use.
Reply Quote
Edited by Camax#1783 on 8/7/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Do you have enough Disc. in that build. No nightstalker. No prep but use SP and Vault.

I will test out a similar build over the weekend. But prob need to use the Vault rune with no Disc. use.

Your limited to a 10 second cooldown with that one though.
Reply Quote
You can lower your attack speed on gloves, amulet and quiver for other states and drop your hatred regen for other skills.
Reply Quote
what will you suggest for an hardcore DH?
Reply Quote
Thx for this build, now i can farm mp 10 lol. With my previous build i could only mp 5.
Reply Quote
With 1.6 asp, nightbane, bats, hatred cost is actually slightly negative, meaning i am generating a little bit of hatred as i fire. (with around 1.3 hatred regen on quiver)

Though gloom / bloodmoon is a big compromise..
Edited by Killua#1993 on 5/12/2013 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]