Diablo® III

Good Idea, or Best Idea Ever? =)

Ready? Here it comes...
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Shift-clicking on a Stash-Tab while your chat-pane is open will allow you to link that tab in chat. Other players can then click the chat-link and browse the contents of the selected stash tab.

I know a number of players have that one "to sell" tab in their stash, and it's usually full of stuff. The ability for players to link one of their stash tabs in chat would:

• Decrease clutter in chat channels
  • Make it easier and more time efficient to browse items (imagine clicking one link and then simply mousing-over multiple items instead of what we do now, which is click every individual item once to open and then again to close)
  • Increase player-to-player trade (see above)

I know your mind is blown right now, but please click the "thumbs-up" on this post. It is the only morally acceptable thing to do.

Love,
Hades =)

---------------
Update:
Just for clarity, the idea isn't to remove the ability to link individual items. That would be weird.
Edited by Hades#1850 on 5/22/2013 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL... no chair was necessary, I like that idea too. It could help to remove the clutter in the chat, for sure.

Better yet, how about the 4th page in the stash that could be dedicated to "For Sale" items?
Reply Quote
Hire this man.
Reply Quote
shift click while the tab is open makes sense seems like something that diablo 3 should have :D
Reply Quote
This would be amazing. Personally, I've always thought that the D3 profiles should have a link to the user's stash, so people can peruse it at their leisure. I mean, look at my profile...you can see the gear on my freakin' Enchantress (who I never use) but not the stuff in my stash that I actually want to sell/show off? Come on...
Reply Quote
Awesome idea, if we were to see this in game its definitely gonna be in the expansion but not now.
Reply Quote
An idea I had in the past that could be attached to this is you could set an hourly price on each item your "sell" stash and rent out your most valuable items at an hourly rate for gold when you log off.

Allow the item owner to be able to instantly recall the item in case they want to use it but if you recall it would refund the renters gold for that hour.

It would make a whole new bubble market with its own prices and might be interesting. But I could see how lots of people would just want to say no to this.

But if my idea was added to this then you could also let friends rent your items for zero gold an hour and get them back at any time without having to worry about your "friend" stealing the item forever.

Edit: Tack on a 15% gold tax per hour and how can Blizzard pass this up?? :p
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 5/13/2013 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My body wasn't ready for this.

Award this man Blizzard, we're finally on to something here.
Reply Quote
Not as good as sex, but better than crack!!
Give this man a cigar XD
Reply Quote
An idea I had in the past that could be attached to this is you could set an hourly price on each item your "sell" stash and rent out your most valuable items at an hourly rate for gold when you log off.

Allow the item owner to be able to instantly recall the item in case they want to use it but if you recall it would refund the renters gold for that hour.

It would make a whole new bubble market with its own prices and might be interesting. But I could see how lots of people would just want to say no to this.

But if my idea was added to this then you could also let friends rent your items for zero gold an hour and get them back at any time without having to worry about your "friend" stealing the item forever.

Edit: Tack on a 15% gold tax per hour and how can Blizzard pass this up?? :p

This would be awesome as well. I once got burned by someone I thought was a friend...lent him an RS Ruby and a Leoric's Signet for powerleveling his new character, then logged in the next day to see he had removed me from his friend's list. I never heard from him again.

Ever since then, I've been really hesitant to let friends use my gear because I'm afraid of something like this happening again. A rent function would eliminate this risk, and allow friends to play around with each other's gear...provided Blizzard doesn't bungle the patch and allow exploiters to dupe the items they rent or keep them permanently. The recent gold fiasco has somewhat undermined my confidence in Blizzard's coding abilities.
Reply Quote
To the OP....great idea. As to renting items, not so much. The reason being, why would I ever wanna spend hundreds of millions buying gear when I could just rent it for a tiny fraction of that cost and quite possibly find my own gear that good? Talk about damaging the economy......
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Krysyss
To the OP....great idea. As to renting items, not so much. The reason being, why would I ever wanna spend hundreds of millions buying gear when I could just rent it for a tiny fraction of that cost and quite possibly find my own gear that good? Talk about damaging the economy......

There are ways around that. You could make it so the item could only be rented for a certain maximum amount of time (say, 3 days) and could not be rented by the same player more than once. That way, people would have enough time to try out new builds, but not so much that they feel like they don't need to buy anything.

You could also make it so that the rented item could be taken back instantly at any time by the lister, which adds a certain element of risk to the act of renting. Imagine...you're facerolling MP10 Ubers, when suddenly your GG Lifesteal Skorn gets recalled. Not a pretty picture. Perhaps you'd be better off buying said Skorn so that doesn't happen again...you get the idea.
Reply Quote
Your warning wasn't good enough, I still injured myself after being shocked by your idea. My wife wants me to take legal action.
Reply Quote
Remember that thread this morning where that guy suggested that accounts be limited to posting on the AH once every twenty-four hours?

Yeah, this thread is the antithesis of that. Gj, chief, thumbs up from me.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 11:23 AMPosted by WordMaster

There are ways around that. You could make it so the item could only be rented for a certain maximum amount of time (say, 3 days) and could not be rented by the same player more than once. That way, people would have enough time to try out new builds, but not so much that they feel like they don't need to buy anything.

You could also make it so that the rented item could be taken back instantly at any time by the lister, which adds a certain element of risk to the act of renting. Imagine...you're facerolling MP10 Ubers, when suddenly your GG Lifesteal Skorn gets recalled. Not a pretty picture. Perhaps you'd be better off buying said Skorn so that doesn't happen again...you get the idea.

I like the way you think.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Kil
Hire this man.

this!
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 09:06 AMPosted by arcus73
LOL... no chair was necessary

Facepalm of epic proportions...
Reply Quote
Good idea, Hades. I think it should be implemented. :)

As for the "renting" idea that Dirtpoor suggested, even if Blizzard got this concept in without any coding hiccups that caused item duplication, inability to recall items, etc., the ability to recall items early would just open the door to new forms of "griefing" other players...
People will go around having fun by renting out their gear to other players and amusing themselves by watching the player get upset or frustrated when the Renter recalls all the gear early and whatever the Rentee was doing goes sideways in a hurry.
Edited by Mike#1867 on 5/13/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Mike nailed another major flaw with the renting items issue. Would have to implement some sort of recall warning and delay timer. I get the concept and see where it could be a good thing but just don't see it as feasible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]