Diablo® III

Why is increased monster density ONLY inferno?

The experience is fine. At MP10 I was gaining paragon levels in Act 2 Hell with my second character as a Barbarian with a Leoric's Signet and high tier ruby...

It does take along time to level if you are playing without shared gear or don't play the AH, but if that is what your doing it should be a real challenge. Hell mode is supposed to be really hard but is a cakewalk with shared items sometimes...

With the secret level accessed you can be near 60 before you even start Hell mode!

That is how it is with solo play.
Reply Quote
Why wasn't act 3 increased by like 50-100% too and act 1-2-4 doubled up to this!? -.-
Reply Quote
This pretty much. Normal is meant to be... Normal. Nightmare is meant to be harder than Normal, Hell harder than Nightmare, and Inferno harder than Hell.

Plus... with Monster Power, players can choose how they want their experience to be. If a player doesn't want to be "overloaded" with monsters, they can choose no MP. If a player wants to slay hordes of demons "the way it's meant to be played", they can use MP.

MP isn't even exposed to new players, whereas experienced players will likely want MP.

I see no logical reason why this isn't an option for, any difficulty really. I feel this concept wasn't really thought out in great detail... Or, maybe it was thought out. Maybe such a feature will come with an expansion pack. What better way to encourage players to buy an expansion pack by toting "more challenges"...
That's because the entire "community" sees anything below the hardest difficulty as at worst, non-existent, and at best training.

The developers just echo the sentiment of the community. Remember, it was the community that whined about how they couldn't perform at the original Inferno difficulty.
Reply Quote
I wish that they would allow it, then I can more effectively farm for lower level legendary's and recipes.
Reply Quote
That's because the entire "community" sees anything below the hardest difficulty as at worst, non-existent, and at best training.

The developers just echo the sentiment of the community. Remember, it was the community that whined about how they couldn't perform at the original Inferno difficulty.

Don't go from the "opinions of a vocal minority", which is what that was, to "the sentiment of the community". Blizzard should not ruin their own game just because a vocal minority wants them to.
Reply Quote
Maybe for some players it would've been too difficult, and it is sort of understandable, but I think there should be an option for the other difficulties, increasing mob density, I think there should even be an option for Mob Density as well as MP. That's only my opinion though, I'm happy with the mob density changes which were added.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Vaeflare
get their feet wet before being assaulted

welcome.... TO HELL!!!

the best part is reading these blue posts in azmodan's voice
Reply Quote
Been 6 days now. Simple, solid feature. Where's the checkbox?
Reply Quote
Dear god, please.

Monster density doesn't make the game HARDER, it makes it more FUN, not to mention easier, as more monsters = more stuff, etc.

Was going to try play HC, but it's just WAY too boring, christ...
Reply Quote
Leveling up a new character is one of the most boring parts of this game. So much time spent running through dead zones. Why did they only apply this change to Inferno? I was planning on leveling up some of my other champs after 1.08, but now I don't know.
Great question!

The reason we didn’t apply monster density changes to Normal, Nightmare, and Hell difficulties is because we felt this would be detrimental to the new player experience. Players who are just entering Sanctuary for the very first time have different needs and less skills and tools at their disposal, and they require the opportunity to get their feet wet before being assaulted with the additional challenges that higher monster density offers. At the same time, we also agree that this isn’t ideal for players who have already gone through the game and are looking to start up new characters and are ready to take on additional challenges and faster pacing from the get-go.

Along these lines, we’ve considered ideas such as enabling the higher density for MP1 and higher, or simply making higher density a checkbox option. We’re currently working on some other concrete ideas, but we don’t have anything to share just yet, but this is definitely an aspect of Diablo III that we’d like to improve in the long-term.

Isn't that what MP0 is for? You guys really need to drop the hand holding crap and stop treating players like retarded kids.
Reply Quote
Along these lines, we’ve considered ideas such as enabling the higher density for MP1 and higher, or simply making higher density a checkbox option. We’re currently working on some other concrete ideas, but we don’t have anything to share just yet, but this is definitely an aspect of Diablo III that we’d like to improve in the long-term.

don't think just do it
Reply Quote
Still having hard time to fathom their design choice with increased monster density. When I first heard about it, I could not simply believe it was only for inferno. I waited until the patch came live, booted up the game and had to saw it for myself. It just does not make any sense at all, can´t believe this has not been addressed yet. Just make the checkbox, it really is that simple, there is no excuse.
Reply Quote
Although this thread has been necro'd a bit, I still think we should now have an option to have the increased monster density.

When I recently leveled my HC character, I could not believe how boring it was in some areas of the game. The amount of time spent running around from tiny group to tiny group...I guess I didn't realize how horrid the density was in some areas before we had it.

It'd make leveling characters more fun I think. MP alone doesn't do that if you're fighting just a few monsters at once.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
[quote]

Course not you guys never do

Still lacking PvP, End game, Itemization, Offline mode, Forum avatars.

Any small thing you guys want to do is a false promise and never gets delievered or its just forgotten .
Edited by NewThreat#1840 on 7/15/2013 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Among all the things blizzard "plans" on doing, increasing monster density for lower difficulties would be one of my favourites.
Reply Quote
Leveling up a new character is one of the most boring parts of this game. So much time spent running through dead zones. Why did they only apply this change to Inferno? I was planning on leveling up some of my other champs after 1.08, but now I don't know.
Great question!

The reason we didn’t apply monster density changes to Normal, Nightmare, and Hell difficulties is because we felt this would be detrimental to the new player experience. Players who are just entering Sanctuary for the very first time have different needs and less skills and tools at their disposal, and they require the opportunity to get their feet wet before being assaulted with the additional challenges that higher monster density offers. At the same time, we also agree that this isn’t ideal for players who have already gone through the game and are looking to start up new characters and are ready to take on additional challenges and faster pacing from the get-go.

Sorry to thread necro but will this feature be coming in the expansion or pre-expansion patch (monster density checkbox and increasing density for normal, nightmare and hell)?
Reply Quote
ewww... checkbox.......... sigh

Monster Density SHOULD scale with Monster Power.

The higher MP you go = the more monsters you encounter.

Thats it thats all... very simple and LOGICAL.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Saigyouji
Great question!

Why are nightmare and hell treated as hand-holding experiences? Normal is definitely understandable, but why nightmare and especially hell? The four difficulty modes don't seem to serve clear purposes except to draw the leveling process out. In D2 normal was the base game, nightmare was a much tougher mode with some truly dangerous things (lightning enchanted multishot eviction aura archers, zomg), and hell was... hell. Immunities everywhere, resistances in the deep reds, etc.

Because Blizz doesn't understand that Inferno is the end of the line. Once you've beaten that you have no reason to log on at all. Reading trash threads in the forums is more amusing than playing the game. Nothing new is going to drop, no new maps or monsters are going to spawn, no new quests are going to open up. It's a pointless grind fest that players need to invest hours into and for what? Some paragon levels that technically don't even do anything. Oh joy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]