Diablo® III

Philanthropy Station, 5 Set Giveaway!

Wouldn't a .25 Dex/CD/OS EF do better than 15-22k?

You can get a much better WH as well (more Dex, higher CD).
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 5/21/2013 5:18 PM PDT
Wouldn't a .25 Dex/CD/OS EF do better than 15-22k?

You can get a much better WH as well (more Dex, higher CD).

yes, but then I would have 0% LS and no life regen, best case scenario an OS/LS EF will get me 33.5k w/marquise ruby in it @ 1152dps and .25att, one of those runs 2B lol, so I'm pretty much restricted to CD/LS. The build ATM is mp5 stable w/3%LS but unless I can scale my DPS up by ~80k and craft some nice AR shoulders I'll never be doin anything higher than MP7.
I'd say crafting the bracers til you get a 6%CC one (you can check mine out), you can gaine a wee bit from a 9%AS Innas pants and a bit from a 6%CC innas helm (I have a spare w FOT bonus dmg)...

those would be the best place to start

6% on the bracers gets me 4.1k, 9% nets 771, 6 on helm gets me 832, a 50CD WKL would get 10k, but they're insanely expensive in the 900dps range, EF will get me 15-22k

I'll still only be looking at ~160k paper if I do all those changes :( I might just have to give up on the 200k goal, I was hoping there was a glaring oversight in my gear choices that would magically get me 50k lol

Its not unreachable for sure, the big issue is the weaponry (EF w socket and LS is crazy expensive) but it's only paper DPS vs the WKL hidden bonus. There is a lot of room to be had perhaps in the rings. The SOJs are nice, but compare it to my non-nats ring (for me that SOJ is a loss of 50k dps!) Average dmg is the most underrated thing for the monk DW builds, also cehck my nats ring (I know our builds are different but mine should still be a decent boost) and let me know what ya think!
Wednesday morning bump!
Helped out a few people last night, if you were one of them please post up in here to get this thread some more exposure, I can also add you to the LFG lists.
I guess nobody loves me...nobody has added me in game or asked for help. I have almost a full stash tab of legendaries and another of rares. Good stuff really...
Just came across this thread today, I could use some help on Ubers, trying to craft my first HellFire Ring. I don't get much time to play but I may ask for your assistance sometime soon Runit3.

Cheers.

FYI, I'm posting this from a different account, not mine but my kid's who doesn't play much.
Edited by SilverOwsla#1188 on 5/22/2013 8:30 AM PDT
first off i think this is a fantastic idea.

secondly, anyone willing to start a Hardcore character can feel free to ask me for advice, and i can probably help out with some starter inferno gear (not full sets or anything, the economy is quite different, that is also not to say theyre bad items either, will save someone their gold to spend elsewhere).
i wont power level someones first character :/, more for their benefit than mine. i assure you it is a mistake, as one needs to get used to HC before jumping straight into inferno. it can be challanging at times in nightmare/hell given that you cannot die once XD. i have seen many level themselves quickly to inferno, transfer billions from softcore, die before p30, and disappear forever XD

resume
- all classes to 60 in hardcore
- witch doctor is paragon 100
- 1000 hours of only hardcore
- frequent hardcore poster (and there are many there who will help out a new guy, either with answers to their threads or with gear, the community is smaller and generally older. you'll find yourself with many friends before too long)

so i can check in this thread or people can add me. i figure this may not be a huge benefit to new players, but those who have thought about trying hardcore can ask me anything. i find HC is a lot better than regular, and its not terribly difficult once you get into it.
(i say better cause your heart races when you almost die haha, at level 30 or paragon 30. economy is fresher, no RMAH, and gearing is more fun since you have to always consider defense and offense together)
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 5/22/2013 8:45 AM PDT

secondly, anyone willing to start a Hardcore character can feel free to ask me for advice, and i can probably help out with some starter inferno gear (not full sets or anything, the economy is quite different, that is also not to say theyre bad items either, will save someone their gold to spend elsewhere).
i wont power level someones first character :/, more for their benefit than mine. i assure you it is a mistake, as one needs to get used to HC before jumping straight into inferno. it can be challanging at times in nightmare/hell given that you cannot die once XD. i have seen many level themselves quickly to inferno, transfer billions from softcore, die before p30, and disappear forever XD

resume
- all classes to 60 in hardcore
- frequent hardcore poster (and there are many there who will help out a new guy, either with answers to their threads or with gear, the community is smaller and generally older. you'll find yourself with many friends before too long)

Very nice resume! I'm still working on my lvl55HC monk...getting there! welcome to the thread!
It's nice to have some HC representation here. I remember Isolation from my couple of months hiatus in HC and he's very active in the community over there. Great addition to the team!
hehe, HC is fun for sure, good luck getting to 60 :D. i started with nothing in HC, and its been a lot of fun playing. im still on every day playing alts. i recently helped a friend get into HC, and he leveled himself legit, accepted some gifts from me (mostly my old dex gear, but i got him a cains set and some gems and a reduced level weapon), and some random legs i found while he was leveling (bare bones vile wards, a windforce with socket and a DML) and is now paragon 50 i believe. aside from saving for the next tier of gear/weapons, i really have no expenses anymore, so items or gold are worth more to a new player than it ever will be to me

so i guess i have some practice at this, and he thanks me all the time for giving him just enough of a push to get rolling. figured i could get others enjoying it as much as i and he have/are :).

and thanks zaknaril, hope to see you back one day ;)
I played HC totally self-found on MP10 and made it to 60(10) before losing my Barb (I did accept a couple of pieces of gear some friends gave me once I hit 60). I made a few friends along the way (Anomie was trying to give me seed money to get me started but I was stubborn and wanted to do it on my own).

I came back to SC to finish levelling my main to p100 (5 levels to go) so I'm sure I'll be back to HC eventually. I still talk to a couple of guys over there :)
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 5/22/2013 9:32 AM PDT
Monk update: got my EF, I think there's a bug in AH calculations with the WKL adds to lightning, AH showed 25k in tooltip, squeezed out 31k in game. 194k currently :)

eDPS trials on MP5 ghom netted me ~1.285M/s as long as I was spamming bells with overawe, big improvement over TR. I'll do some more trials w/just FoT and then FoT+Overawe when I get home today. Overall seems like a really functional sleeper build, just need to squeeze in that last 6k dps +vit/AR and I'll be happy.

resume

so i can check in this thread or people can add me. i figure this may not be a huge benefit to new players, but those who have thought about trying hardcore can ask me anything. i find HC is a lot better than regular, and its not terribly difficult once you get into it.
(i say better cause your heart races when you almost die haha, at level 30 or paragon 30. economy is fresher, no RMAH, and gearing is more fun since you have to always consider defense and offense together)

Thanks for the input Iso, added new category and your BT to the list, you get top spot for how much effort that must have taken lol. I'll roll HC once all my SC classes are in decent shape.
Edited by runit3#1931 on 5/22/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Monk update: got my EF, I think there's a bug in AH calculations with the WKL adds to lightning, AH showed 25k in tooltip, squeezed out 31k in game. 194k currently :)

eDPS trials on MP5 ghom netted me ~1.285M/s as long as I was spamming bells with overawe, big improvement over TR. I'll do some more trials w/just FoT and then FoT+Overawe when I get home today. Overall seems like a really functional sleeper build, just need to squeeze in that last 6k dps +vit/AR and I'll be happy.

The AH tool tip is bugged but there doesn't appear to be any impetus to fix it- I saw an EF that was an upgrade by like 3k for me (pricey for sure) I bought it, sent it to stash and it ended up being a 7k DPS LOSS...I even made a post about it

Grats on almost 200k Bro! sounds like you're Monks gonna be sweet!
I always use www.d3rawr.com to determine how an upgrade will affect me. The D3 tooltip is garbage!
05/22/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Zaknaril
I always use www.d3rawr.com to determine how an upgrade will affect me. The D3 tooltip is garbage!

I'm a big fan of d3up.com the graphical UI is much nicer IMO. You can also get a multi-item comparison to determine your builds max capability, wish they had an eDPS calculator for mapped skills but that might be asking a little much for a free websites coding department.
I could use some help with my barb. Mainly looking for suggestion on gear selection.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
05/22/2013 11:50 AMPosted by BigcityMD
I could use some help with my barb. Mainly looking for suggestion on gear selection.

What build are you wanting to persue? It looks like you're WW but you've got a couple of curious skill selections there. I'd need to know this before I could make other recommendations :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]