Diablo® III

Philanthropy Station, 5 Set Giveaway!

Count me in. I'd like to sign up for:

- Build / Gear advice (for Barbarians)
- Item Giveaways
- Free MP10 Uber carries; however, I'd appreciate it if people brought their own machines.

Great idea, runit3!
@BigcityMD -

Ok here's a guide you should read. It gives you all the basics including gearing:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8505050420

Once you've gone through that, if you have questions, let me know and I'll help :)
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 5/22/2013 12:29 PM PDT
05/22/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Zaknaril
I could use some help with my barb. Mainly looking for suggestion on gear selection.

What build are you wanting to persue? It looks like you're WW but you've got a couple of curious skill selections there. I'd need to know this before I could make other recommendations :)

I was thinking WW
@BigcityMD -

Ok here's a guide you should read. It gives you all the basics including gearing:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8505050420

Once you've gone through that, if you have questions, let me know and I'll help :)

Reading through this now,

Thanks

- Item Giveaways
- Free MP10 Uber carries; however, I'd appreciate it if people brought their own machines.

Great idea, runit3!

Added to OP, thanks for the contribution!
05/22/2013 12:31 PMPosted by BigcityMD

What build are you wanting to persue? It looks like you're WW but you've got a couple of curious skill selections there. I'd need to know this before I could make other recommendations :)

I was thinking WW

If you want to go WW dual wielding is a necessity, over 1.73APS is the MP5+ range for getting nados to tick enough for survivability+WoTB 100% uptime, there's really only 2 ways to go about this, either get an EF +1 or 2 pieces of IAS gear, or max out your IAS gear first and worry about the EF later. I ran no EF until I was ~P85 & 200k dps (crafting made this possible), then got EF as the last item to bump me the 30k+ I wanted for calling him a finished build.

Keeping WoTB up and generating frenzy takes a good deal of finesse if you're short on APS, but once you're over 2.0a/s it's smooth sailing as long as you're not killing mobs too fast.

If you need some help getting the skills coordinated add me IG and I can demo some stuff out w/gimp weps.
FoT:SWC + no overawe netted me 988k (26s to kill)

Now big surprise here, FoT:SWC+Overawe continued cast got me 1.42M eDPS (18s) o_o, so i guess bells is getting relegated to multi-target only. Might be able to get WOL as best single target if I can get my hands on a trifect nats since CD is pretty much capped everywhere in my build besides EF and WKL.
I'm curious why no SoJ? I'd be using an SoJ with CC chance to WoL, 2 SPS, and replace helm with CC Mempo....that would put you well over 200k...

I was thinking WW

If you want to go WW dual wielding is a necessity, over 1.73APS is the MP5+ range for getting nados to tick enough for survivability+WoTB 100% uptime, there's really only 2 ways to go about this, either get an EF +1 or 2 pieces of IAS gear, or max out your IAS gear first and worry about the EF later. I ran no EF until I was ~P85 & 200k dps (crafting made this possible), then got EF as the last item to bump me the 30k+ I wanted for calling him a finished build.

Keeping WoTB up and generating frenzy takes a good deal of finesse if you're short on APS, but once you're over 2.0a/s it's smooth sailing as long as you're not killing mobs too fast.

If you need some help getting the skills coordinated add me IG and I can demo some stuff out w/gimp weps.

I appreciate the help, I will add you later.

Thanks again
@BigcityMD - did that guide help any? I wanted to give you a knowledge base to build from rather than just telling you what to do. It helps to understand how things work so you can build on that knowledge going forward...
05/22/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Zaknaril
I'm curious why no SoJ? I'd be using an SoJ with CC chance to WoL, 2 SPS, and replace helm with CC Mempo....that would put you well over 200k...

I might have an SOJ w WOL if you wanna try it out
05/22/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Zaknaril

I have a 9%FoT cold SOJ, problem is it cuts me 22k dps, that 9% to FoT would shoot the gap but really gimp me using other skills, this plus i desperately needed some vit. I'm going to keep the SOJ on for ubers/elites as a swap.

I would LOVE a mempo but they're 600M+ for dex ones, I would also lose all of my spirit regen which the build is starved for. Thunderclap can port me in to mobs well enough and chase them down but if I'm surrounded by elites a quick burst of TR gets me out and 2+spirit regen usually keeps a quick burst always loaded. Mempo is def the end game item but I'm going to have to do a ton of farming to afford one :)

I've hit the any upgrade = 250M+ mark so it's slow moving from here. I can squeeze in another 9k on a higher CD WKL (400m-2B) and a 9%/4cc mempo will give me some hp and 4-6kdps (900M+) Trifect nats will give me a 2-6k bump and the CD will help a decent amount, but they're all over 1B.

I think I might go after the WKL first, I can get 1k off 5->6% to light, and stack a hidden 7% to all light skills for a perfect one.
Edited by runit3#1931 on 5/22/2013 2:14 PM PDT
still no sticky?

sigh...

- Item Giveaways

Great idea, runit3!

Added to OP, thanks for the contribution!

Thank you for adding me! But I looked at the OP, and I didn't see my name under the Ubers section. You might want to correct that.

I would really like to see this thread get a sticky...where are you, Blues?

Thank you for adding me! But I looked at the OP, and I didn't see my name under the Ubers section. You might want to correct that.
I would really like to see this thread get a sticky...where are you, Blues?

Fixed, sorry this tiny editing box can get hard to read w/html code stuck everywhere
do i post on here about ubers or just add i got the 3 machines
05/22/2013 04:45 PMPosted by dmaggard
do i post on here about ubers or just add i got the 3 machines

Add me! I'll be on later tonight, and I'll be happy to carry you through MP10 Ubers for a guaranteed Hellfire Ring.

WordMaster#1125
get off the forums with your positive talk geez the nerve of some people
05/22/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Shadow
get off the forums with your positive talk geez the nerve of some people

lol
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]