Diablo® III

[Guide] Sword/Board Lashing Tail Kick Builds

##############################
PREFACE

I already had a sword/board ytar guide in progress. It can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/e/forum/topic/8569387376#1 . However, I decided to write a new guide from scrath, as I now have a better understanding of everything it takes to create a successful sword/board LTK monk. Much of what is in the original guide is still valid, and that guide does showcase one of the builds I still consider to be quite viable. I did substantial testing dual wield versus sword/board, and I would say sword/board is definitely preferred if you are looking to maximize usage of LTKs. I did minimal testing with 2 handers. From what I can gather, it can be quite strong, but did not like the slow feel of it. Also, with a 2 hander, I felt like I really should just be using wave of light, tempest rush, and quickening.

LASHING TAIL KICK DISADVANTAGES

Lashing tail kick, despite it not being used very much by most monks, is actually a very strong attack. There are a number of reasons I feel like it does not get much use.

1. The existence of wave of light - This is probably the biggest reason. If a monk with standard gear compares the two, wave of light wins no question, with its much larger AOE and damage. It also can be spammable with empowered wave, or stun with blinding light, or provide the most burst damage in the game with wall of light.
2. Dependence on having minus LTK gear to make it comparable to WOL
3. Lack of good LTK gear available on the auction house
4. Difficult to search for LTK, can only search specifically for it on shield
5. To make viable, you need spirit regen, which is very difficult to stack without gimping your monk
6. Small AOE of LTK
7. 6 skills slots is quite limiting.

OVERCOMING DISADVANTAGES

For #1, you kind of just need to accept that you might never be quite as strong as a WOL monk.
For #2-4, it really just takes lots of persistence. Search the AH multiple times daily, and slowly you can find upgrades.
For #5, I have always liked stacking spirit regen, so didn't bother me. You are getting an SOJ anyways, then you only need an inna's with spirit regen, and you don't necessarily need a spirit regen weapon (will explain later). You also need to pick up 2 passives for spirit regen, but monk passives aren't that great anyways. The best monk passives are mostly defensive, so those aren't a big loss when you factor in you're using a shield and can either attack from range or stun on 50% of attacks.
For #6, I have come up with four builds that address the small AOE of LTK
For #7, if you can drop your spirit generator (which 2 of the builds I suggest can), you won't feel short on skill slots.

FUTURE POTENTIAL OF LTK

1. Since it is hardly used, very unlikely to be nerfed. Might even be buffed. I think a change to 20-25 spirit would be appropriate, and would go a long way.
2. Itemization update might make it much stronger, since it is so item dependant. Looking specifically at level 63 skull grasp, SOJ, lidless wall, and three piece inna's set bonus (1-2 spirit regen would be nice). I also threw out an idea to them for a legendary boot that increases % damage of lashing tail kick, which I think would be feasible. I know unlikely for them to use an idea someone threw out there, but regardless I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at putting an item in that makes using the skill much more appealing.
3. With the itemization update, they also are looking at improving stat range rolls. I hope they will address spirit regen and LTK as well. An item should not be able to roll under about 1.5 spirit regen, and under 3 to LTK. Also, maybe they will eventually link primary stat on skull grasp with the skill, that way all skulls grasps with - LTK will roll dex.

BUILDS

I have come up with 4 different builds as I experimented with LTK. I don't claim to be the first to use any of these, although I have never seen anyone post these before. All 4 have room to substitute in different skills for personal preference. I would say blazing wrath and fleet footed would be the best skills to swap out most likely (except build #2 doesn't use fleet footed).

#1 Stormcaller monk

1. Hand of ytar
2. Foresight
3. Cyclone
4. Air ally
5. Overawe
6. Blazing wrath

P1. Exalted soul
P2. Chant of resonance
P3. Fleet footed

This build results in quite a lightning show. Lightning strikes from above, and cyclones spewing like crazy. This build plays like the old cookie-cutter but from range. All of the skills work well together to simultaneously improve DPS. Hand of ytars AOE is small, but its high proc coefficient produces a good number of cyclones to help with the AOE damage. Roughly 95% of attacks are ytars, so when you factor that in with the cyclones being produced, and all of that buffed by blazing wrath, foresight, and overawe there is a pretty efficient output of damage.

My main issue with it was that because my paper DPS is low, the cyclones were not really impressive for damage. Also, cyclone offered no benefit between battles, whereas inner storm would help assure you begin the next battle with more spirit. Finally, you need a high crit chance, which is difficult to get while meeting the other stat requirements. This build is more efficient at taking out elites than large packs of trash enemies.

#2 The Backhander

1. Hand of ytar
2. Foresight
3. Cyclone
4. Wall of wind // Eye of the storm
5. Backlash
6. Blazing wrath

P1. Exalted soul
P2. Chant of resonance
P3. Sixth sense

The naming comes from combining backlash and hand of ytar. At first this may look like an odd mix of skills. However, there is quite a bit of synergy between all of them. Backlash is a great skill to pair with a ytar build for 2 reasons. First, it provides a great offensive and defensive benefit, without needing to keep activating it, which saves valuable spirit. Secondly, ytar (unlike most other monk attacks) has no stun, knockback, or knockup whatsoever. This leaves all of the enemies able to freely hit you (or try to at least). This results in much more dodges than you will see if you used something like thunderclap for example. Cyclone strike ensures all enemies are grouped up to get maximum dodges, and more enemies hit with each ytar attack, which procs more cyclones. Either wall of wind or eye of the storm are both good (eye is probably slightly better, but I use wall of wind just to stay with the theme). Air ally was dropped as you want all of the enemies attacking you to get more backlash procs. Blazing wrath and foresight really help the DPS on all of the outgoing damage.

Disadvantages for this build are that you need high crit chance, can't use ytar quite as much compared to build #1, and you need to stay in the thick of battle, so more prone to deaths. Using foresight a little bit more is not a big deal, as you can just use it as the enemies are dying to backlash, sweeping wind, and cyclones already produced. This build wrecks large packs of enemies, but kills elites a little bit slower than build #1 (unless other enemies happen to be nearby).

#3 Facepalm monk

1. Hand of ytar
2. Strong spirit
3. Inner storm
4. Air ally
5. Overawe
6. Blazing wrath

P1. Exalted soul
P2. Chant of resonance
P3. Fleet footed

Both your attacks facepalm your enemies, which is pretty sweet (ytar leaves hand prints on ground). Since cyclones weren't doing a tremendous amount of damage, I figured I could drop that skill and pick up inner storm. Strong spirit goes a long way for AOE damage. You just drop 2-3 exploding palms strategically, and then burst down the appropriate target with ytar, and the whole room explodes instantly filling back your spirit.

My only complaint with this build is when elites are split up. You have no way to ensure they group up, so sometimes you have to more or less kill them 1 at a time. This build is more efficient at taking out packs of trash enemies than elites.

#4 Herd and Stun monk

1. Scorpion sting
2. Eye of the storm
3. Inner storm
4. Air ally
5. Overawe
6. Blazing wrath

P1. Exalted soul
P2. Chant of resonance
P3. Fleet footed

I believe this build to be overall the best (even more so on a team). Eye of the storm pairs really well with scorpion sting. You suck them all in, and spam LTKs on them to keep them stunned and in a nice cluster. I feel like this combination makes the best use to maximize LTKs potential. Cyclone strike goes a long way in minimizing the impact of LTK's small AOE.

The one disadvantage to this one versus the other builds is that you lose your ability to attack from range. This is mostly overcome as you can pull enemies wherever you want, so if they are standing on ground effects you can dictate where the battle takes place. This build handles both elites and packs of trash enemies equally well.

VIDEOS

These are all quick 30 second videos done on mp8. I believe these builds perform best around mp 6-8 depending on your gear. At mp 6 - 8, trash mobs take 1 or 2 hits and elite packs can be dropped in around 10-15 seconds with a couple cyclone strikes and 2-3 overawe activations. The build works fine on mp 9 and 10, but because the battles are longer, you have to reserve most of your spirit for the slow drain of using LTKs, so most of the time killing elites is without overawe activation. These videos were done a little while back. I believe my unbuffed DPS was right at 100k.

Stormcaller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIxg8IUKnaM&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudTRljOTOw&feature=youtu.be

Backhander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFjHDDkRl0&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rB6Yn8glgI&feature=youtu.be

Facepalmer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfoUfW3XT_k&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dx3QDlBDVk&feature=youtu.be

Herd and Stun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8JF-LxRTo&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51YSWSNEawc&feature=youtu.be

########################################
SKILLS THAT DIDN'T QUITE MAKE THE CUT

These are some of the skills I tried, but I just couldn't justify them in any of the builds.

Dashing strike - This skill gives great mobility, in particular way of the falling star and quicksilver. However, all four builds did not really need it. Build #1, #2, and #3 can attack from range, and build #3 and #4 can dictate where the enemies are standing.

Serenity - Another great all purpose skill. But like dashing strike, I don't feel like it quite makes the cut. I would rather fight in a lower mp more efficiently than try to squeeze serenity into one of the builds, and be overall less efficient in a higher mp.

Faith in the light - A nice DPS boost and crowd control skill. This works well when timed with an overawe activation. Overall I preferred the consistent damage boost from blazing wrath, and the healing it could provide when in a pinch on the run.

UNBUFFED GEARING GOALS

I listed in order of importance in my opinion. I am not a numbers guy, I came up with these goals based more on testing, what feels right, and what I could actually obtain. **The health globe bonus and life per spirit spent are not essential, but I have found to be valuable sustain mechanics that can be used on the run while not attacking.

Minus 17 to lashing tail kick
Minus 70 to sweeping wind
7 spirit regen per second (or 5 if using 1.2 attack speed weapon)
100k DPS (with minimal attack speed gear)
2.5% life steal
24% movement
5000 armor
500 resist all
50k life
**50 life per spirit spent
**15k bonus from health globes

WEAPON SELECTION

I would say there are 3 weapons to choose from for this build. You will mostly be limited by what you can actually find, and of course budget.

#1 Lifesteal Fist of Az'Turrasq. I used this weapon for quite awhile, and it is very good. It is not incredibly popular, so you can find a very nice one for around 50 million or less. Definitely try to maximize the spirit regen, as its increased attack speed can put a strain on spirit consumption. Its biggest drawback is no crit damage or socket, which really makes breaking 100k DPS as a sword/board monk quite difficult with this weapon.

#2 Rare fist. Ideal rolls are min/max, +% weapon damage, crit damage, spirit regen, life steal, and socket. A fist with all these are tough to find and expensive, especially if you are looking for +1000 DPS.

#3 Rare weapon with 1.2 attacks per second. In retrospect, I probably should have gone for one of these. Good ones of these are in abundance, and the slower attack speed will compensate for it not having spirit regen. Obviously, you still want high DPS, crit damage, life steal, and socket.

ARMOR SELECTION

These builds are all about proper armor selection. Getting a good balance of DPS, HP, mitigation, and sustain while having enough minus LTK and spirit regen is a difficult balance, but if you pull it off it is quite rewarding. Before selecting gear, you need to decide if you will use OwE. In my opinion, it is not worth it since there are not many item pieces you can double stack resists on. However, it can go a long way in improving mitigation for a build that will be fairly squishy, so it is something to consider, especially if you are on a budget or find a nice Mara's or shield that has a resist on it.

Shield - Tough to find a good one, but most important stats are minus LTK, crit chance, and dex

SOJ - I would rank the stats on it as follows: minus LTK > spirit regen > bonus vs. elites. I wouldn't bother with one without -5 LTK and less than 2 spirit regen.

Skull grasp - Obviously dex preferred and -3 or -4 LTK. You only get 1 random roll, so its got to count. Crit chance or crit damage ideally.

Mara's kaleidoscope - Another tough item to find with good rolls. I would settle for one with at least 2 good rolls and -4 or -5 to LTK. You definitely want crit chance or crit damage (ideally both).

Boots - either movement speed ice climber's or a zuni's with dex and all resist

Gloves/Shoulders/Bracer - pretty straight forward, vile wards, crafts, or rare ones. Attack speed is not preferred on gloves

Inna's radiance - Definitely high spirit regen, and either life per spirit spent or all resists. I figured LPSS is better, but haven't crunched any #'s on it.

Inna's chest/pants/belt - I would pick these up last, to round out whichever stats you are lacking. The choices will be between all resist, dex/vit, double vit, or single resist (if using OwE). On the pants, you will get a lot more bang for your buck with the 8% attack speed, so I would focus on those primarily.

FOLLOWER

For me, it comes down to scoundrel vs. templar. Enchantress is basically out because a small armor and attack speed bonus cannot match what the other two can offer. The scoundrel is great for the improved crit chance and ability to cc with a buriza or windforce. The templar is nice for his tanking and more importantly extra spirit regen. I prefer scoundrel when using cyclone, and templar when using inner spirit.

MP 10 BUILD

For MP10 the battles are longer, so elites won't drop within 2-3 overawe activations. Therefore, the best approach is to maximize sustainable DPS. To do so, I think the following works best. You cyclone strike them in, and keep them mostly stunned in a cluster while they take damage from kicks, sweeping wind, and cyclones all of which buffed by unactivated overawe, blazing wrath, and foresight.

1. Scorpion sting
2. Foresight
3. Eye of the storm
4. Cyclone
5. Blazing wrath
6. Overawe

P1. Chant of resonance
P2. Exalted soul
P3. Seize the initiation

VOTA ESSENCE FARMING BUILD

For farming essences in VOTA, it is all about getting around to each elite pack as quickly as possible, and being able to drop them fast. I have found this build to be the best at that, and would imagine it provides comparable DEs per hour as the popular 2 hand builds with quickening, tempest rush, and WOL.

1. Scorpion sting
2. Tail wind
3. Eye of the storm
4. Inner spirit
5. Blazing wrath
6. Circular breathing

P1. Chant of resonance
P2. Exalted soul
P3. Fleet footed

TEAM BUILD

On a team, your priority really should be about helping others a much as possible. This means being able to keep 48% overawe up 100%, and being able to cast cyclone strike as much as possible. Guiding light now also provides a significant boost. For team games I would run this.

1. Scorpion sting
2. Quickening
3. Implosion
4. Inner storm
5. Blazing wrath
6. Overawe

P1. Guiding light
P2. Chant of resonance
P3. Exalted soul

FAQs

1. How can you use LTK as a primary attack?

Taking my gear as an example. I have a fist with 1.4 aps and +14% attack speed, so 1.596 aps total. With the minus to LTK gear, each attack uses 11 spirit. So, while attacking I am spending about 17.5 spirit per second. On the flip side, I regen 12 spirit per second, so I lose really 5.5 spirit per second. All battles begin typically at 250 spirit, so it takes 45 seconds to run out of spirit. When you factor in time spent repositioning, and air ally spirit procs it is basically permanent. There is often even spirit to spare to pop some overawe activations. I typically use overawe enough so I am running out of spirit just as the elites die.

2. 100k DPS as a goal? OMG noob..

The paper DPS on this build is very deceiving. First off there is the SOJ which can add up to 30% to elites. Secondly, you are using a skill with 470% weapon damage as your primary attack. Critical hits to elites without overawe activated hit upwards of 1.5 million damage with my gear, just to give an idea. Does this beat out more standard builds? Probably not, but I think it is certainly sufficient.
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 8/16/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Sheldor -

Just wanted to say good work! Glad you put this together. I'm also a big fan of LTK (Scorpion sting specifically) and also run S&B more often than not. It has been my secondary of preference more often than not since I hit 60 just before the 1.07 era and we saw all the monk buffs.

@ work but when I have time to read more thoroughly I will, and I expect I'll learn something.

My setup is more like a standard bells build - I rely on quickening for the spirit generation entirely. It definitely hits less hard than bells, but I like that there is no knock-back so enemies sit in your SW semi-stunned taking damage. I can't help but think that SW and bells are a disharmony of sorts.

I've never really tried the -LTK gear outside of a SoJ I have in the stash that I throw on from time to time.

I've also never really spirit regen gear, mostly due to budget and stat limitations (i.e. Inna's helms without are far cheaper, and weapons I've just got for high standard damage stats)

If you have any leftover gears in your stash for a meager sum I might be interested in seeing how different it is using that stuff.

My quick thoughts are:
1. I like that this build is party friendly, i.e. CC effects, no knockback
2. I tend to always end up with Master of Wind rune on SW - I like to rarely re-cast, I think the regular 75 spirit cost is a bigger detriment than losing the 2spirit per second of Inner storm. This may just be because often I stop to pickup all yellows, open chests, etc.
3. Transendence and LPSS on the helm work nicely with this moderate spirit cost skill that gets spammed often. makes for a steady life flow along with the life steal from the damage.
4. I don't often use it b/c I like having a Mystic Ally and pressing as few buttons as possible- but blinding flash/FiTL is nice b/c with decent attack speed you can pop alot of kicks during the short buff period.

Will likely friend you so I can roll with another LTK monk . . . like ever for the first time lol!
Edited by Zuggles#1174 on 5/9/2013 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone else out there using LTK? I've found a grand total of 3 monks that use it, heh
Reply Quote
Nice guide, unusual build but you will probably get people to try this build out based on your guide.
Reply Quote
Nice guide, I was using LTK to test out and had a similar build you have that you mentioned. But I was lacking a lot of reduce cost to LTK and damage, so it never went to higher mp levels.

I got -4 LTK from my flying dragon ,if I can find a nice Mara and skull grasp I might have to try this again. LTK is really fun to use.
Reply Quote
Thanks jco310. Unfortunately I think the lack of available gear/difficulty to search for it is really holding back the skill right now.

Wow vNaK nice flying dragon. If you ever end up selling that hit me up. I would love to try this with that weapon.
Reply Quote
Fancy LTK bonus gear @.@

Looks @ vNAk's FD. DAAAAYUMMMMMMMM. Best FD I have ever seen.
Edited by LegitBeastin#1971 on 5/19/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Sheldor

You don't really have to gear away from attack speed, just don't hold down the LTK button. I really like your set up though.My 3rd monk Clair(LTK) is.....getting to 100K.....slowly lol.
Reply Quote
05/19/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Wannabee808
You don't really have to gear away from attack speed

It isn't so much that I don't want attack speed, it is just hard to fit in while maintaining all the other stats, especially crit chance and crit damage. It will improve DPS, but comes at a cost of higher spirit. I would love to swap out my fire resist on my gloves for attack speed, and the wasted roll on the mara's for it l if I could find those items/afford them.

I agree there definitely are two ways to approach LTK
1. Maximize LTK gear, spirit regen, and use 4 piece inna's so you can use it nonstop
2. Maximize damage and use LTK in spurts. Recover spirit with something like quickening, and wouldn't need 4 piece inna's.

For me, #1 just seemed more interesting, but not sure if it is "best." Also, if going route #2 I just assumed wave of light would take better advantage of that approach.
Reply Quote
tag
Reply Quote
Amazing! I thought I'd be the only responder after a few hours hah.

Playing again with LTK scorpion today. I really like it, I'm definitely in camp #2 (Use LTK in spurts) but I did start using my SOJ a bit.

Sheldor -

Regarding adding LTK Pieces to your gear, do you have an order in which you think it's worth adding it that minimizes the cost to DPS and/or yields the most bang for the buck in your opinion? In other words, which pieces first if you were going for sort of a half-way build of -LTK stuff?

Also, it may be helpful to outline your exact AH searching strategy. How you set your search fields as you continually search the AH for this stuff.

Thanks again for the guide. keep on kickin! (see what I did there? Yup.)
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Zuggles
Regarding adding LTK Pieces to your gear, do you have an order in which you think it's worth adding it that minimizes the cost to DPS and/or yields the most bang for the buck in your opinion? In other words, which pieces first if you were going for sort of a half-way build of -LTK stuff?

I would say SOJ first for sure. After that it just comes down to what you have already and what you can find. I never tried doing LTK in spurts, so I can't speak to which items can be omitted if you arent going to maximize minus to LTK. My hunch would be to not use skull grasp, and not to use mara's unless you can find a very nice one.

05/20/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Zuggles
Also, it may be helpful to outline your exact AH searching strategy. How you set your search fields as you continually search the AH for this stuff.

SOJ: search all armor, bonus vs elites, and spirit regen
Skull grasp: search dex, and whatever stat you want (crit chance, crit damage, all resist, 150dex/50vit)
Maras: search 2 stats at a time, like crit chance/crit damage, crit chance/attack speed, crit damage/attack speed, crit chance/100dex and 100 vit (so that would be a dex/vit roll), etc. Or you can search a stat you really want like crit chance, and sort highest first.
Shield: search crit chance, dex, and -3LTK (usually less than 1 page)
Reply Quote
Nice guide, I'd ran it a bit without any -ltk, just had ~28 spirit/sec with Templar so it sort if worked out (low dps tho) fun build for the time I ran it :-)
Reply Quote
Nice guide, congratulations. I'm happy in see more people following the Sword/Board Academy :)
Reply Quote
Added another build. #2 The Backhander :)
Reply Quote
I only use LTK whenever i get bored with WoL XD
But the DPS decrease is VERY obvious.

This is more of a variant out of fun, but not something for those "efficient" farmers.
Reply Quote
I only use LTK whenever i get bored with WoL XD
But the DPS decrease is VERY obvious.

This is more of a variant out of fun, but not something for those "efficient" farmers.

Ya as I mentioned in disadvantage #1, comparing to WoL with standard gear shows it to be far inferior. I assume you were using your standard gear?

I feel like it can be efficient, at least I hope so. Would you all consider my videos to show efficient farming? (just curious, as I haven't watch many streams, videos, etc). I think where most the inefficiency actually comes from is the time you need to spend searching AH which takes away from in game farming time.
Reply Quote
Interesting addition Sheldor. Still want to catch you in game and actually *see* another monk using LTK.

My favorite build for solo play is as follows: (groups just vary the mantra to work with other monks or use overawe if I'm the only monk)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ZaYSdh!YbU!YYccbc

Suppose I need to come up with a cool name for it. I like that it allows for the following features:

1. 2 CC Skills (Stun kick, Blinding Flash)
2. high mobility to get in to the middle of a group of mobs (Dashing strike) because you need to be right inside the group for the LTK and backlash to be effective
3. Great proc rate for cyclones even for a spender build with quickening (much much better than bells, this is sort of the whole sneaky secret to this skill rune)
4. Great survivability in general, between the shield EHP (I'm over 650) the stun/blind CC effects, the life leach from Cyclone and Backlash I stay upright pretty well, even in MP8/9 with only 103K DPS. Typically I run with higher damage friends so I can play the tank a bit.
5. A fluid cycle of skills - Dash in, use quickening to top off your 250 spirit while backlash is working for you, then pop FiTL and unload your kicks on the group. Cyclone proc will go nuts with your chain kicks. and everyone gets stunned or slayed. Then repeat.

I'll have to try working in cyclone strike as you have, but I run into spirit issues being a conventional gear build.

Yea, its weaker damage from bells, but I find the lack of knockback (stun instead!) very beneficial when running with various other character types.

For those trying this concept out with "conventional bell" gear you may like it.
Edited by Zuggles#1174 on 5/24/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Sheldor
Anyone else out there using LTK? I've found a grand total of 3 monks that use it, heh

Very soon after the LTK buff, like maybe less than a week, I made a video and very short guide on this forum very similar to yours.

Do a search, I'm sure it's still there. My video was pretty crappy but it showed the build one-shotting Elites in MP1 and working in ~MP8.

My suggestion/build was using 2 1handers. Shields are ok but with 2 1handers you can use a very low dps (doesn't matter the dps) OH with crazy good stats. LTK is based on MH so your sheet DPS might show ~100k but in reality it's ~170k+ plus you are using a ~450% primary.

Nice guide. You organized it pretty well. It's a fun build - I just don't find it as efficient right now especially being I don't play much and try to sell most items I find worth $$.

EDIT: Gotta add... Hand of Ytar has an AWESOME proc rate so I'm sure with really, really good gear a very efficient MP10 setup is possible.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 5/24/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Shields are ok but with 2 1handers you can use a very low dps (doesn't matter the dps) OH with crazy good stats. LTK is based on MH so your sheet DPS might show ~100k but in reality it's ~170k+ plus you are using a ~450% primary.

Are you sure about that? When I first started gearing for LTK I tested this with a garbage 4 DPS weapon in offhand. It seemed to alternate between high damage an no damage on each hit.

Ya zuggles we gotta team up sometime. I am a little curious about your set up though. Scorpion sting seems a little counterproductive with backlash, since stunned mobs won't attack you. If you are doing the alternating approach (quickening/LTK), I would think overawe would fit in better than backlash as you could activate overawe while using the LTKs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]