Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

Lets leave the whole AH alone for a bit.

I was thinking, Diablo is ultimatly a collectors game, so can we have other "things" to collect, something like art, lore ect... pieces that you pick up and slowly put together, these would be rather rare, all bind to account items. I think this concept could easily be implemented along with the Itemization overhaul.

Why would I suggest making them bind to account - So you can't sell them. The idea for this is so players go out hunting again. The art, and lore could then be compiled into completed books, that players then look through at there pleasure.
Reply Quote
^Great bump for justice^

Lets put down out torches for just a moment... the witch will still be at the stake for a good while yet...

I'd like to hear thoughts on what kind of 'collectables' other players would like.
Reply Quote
How about when they introduce item customization you could hunt and collect unique Armor visuals? I think that would be sweet. I like the lore idea too maybe when you do find then they could grant you some xp and gold. Not a crap ton but just some to sweeten the deal. For the art part of it, it could be like a puzzle that's semi transparent behind your stash panel that way you could look at it when you open your stash instead of just seeing it in a Window when you collect them all. Another cool thing to collect would be banner art, Tal Rashas lost banner or wirts door mat with a little lore to go with it. Orr maybe I'm wayyyy too out there with all this but I'd definitely invest time into finding cool things like this even though they don't really benefit my character. Idk what do yall think?
Reply Quote
There is SO much more that could be done with this game.... they just lack the incentive and/or imagination to do anything at all.
Reply Quote
Bump so this thread doesn't get buried under all the ah whiners.
Reply Quote
This is what happens when you let a developer design a game.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?
Reply Quote
Add cow level (cowqueen)
make it so tough at mp10 it cant be cleared(permanent challenge)
make it so if you die in the cow level one of ur items loses its MAX DURABILITY (halberds HURT)
make the redportal scary again(like old d2, could spawn anywhere)
add a leaderboard of who has killed the most cows before quiting/dying
Profit

Pros:
stop MUDflation (good items will eventually disappear)
indestructible affix (this is my cows set!)
challenge (boohoo i farm mp10 to easy)
nostalgia (moo)
save the cowqueen (from cow zombies!)
lore (necromancer revived cows ring a bell?)

Cons:
ill leave this category to all of you
Reply Quote
I would rather collect armor and weapons. The trick is that they have to be useful. This is Diablo, I don't care about the story.
Reply Quote
add charms/ runewords
Reply Quote
Make Grey, White, and Blue items the base items used in crafting. Would give them a real purpose and make crafting a lot more fun. Find a blue with allres or armor or vit...role that piece in hopes of making it an awesome rare, or even perhaps a legendary?

A quest or option to socket items would make a lot of other wise looked over items, mainly weapons, viable.
Reply Quote
I think it's deffinitely a nice idea. Wouldn't care what items were added, but more would be nice
Reply Quote
Lets leave the whole AH alone for a bit.

I was thinking, Diablo is ultimatly a collectors game, so can we have other "things" to collect, something like art, lore ect... pieces that you pick up and slowly put together, these would be rather rare, all bind to account items. I think this concept could easily be implemented along with the Itemization overhaul.

Why would I suggest making them bind to account - So you can't sell them. The idea for this is so players go out hunting again. The art, and lore could then be compiled into completed books, that players then look through at there pleasure.

Sounds similar to achievements except "collections" would have an in-game token and be more random and subject to the whims of the RNG. I'd like to see more achievements, and per character achievements, not just account-wide ones.
Edited by Zuzax#1341 on 5/9/2013 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A slightly unrelated issue to this. Whites are essentially useless right? People only pick them up by mistake. There's that jarring break in the action when you have to deliberately sort through your stuff to drop whites on the ground.

Start from there.
Reply Quote
Stuff for your character Window in game is always cool if its well done this is agame of dress up after all.
The Banner was a step in the right direction ,the for the most part ugly legendary items a step in the wrong direction .
Reply Quote
Just like smash brothers brawl. Me and my Daughter spent hours collecting trophies and CDs (that played music clips). Some things were unlocked by completing a task (like acheivements).

This was also the way to unlock toon link and other chars. Would be interesting if this is how we would unlock a new follower or playable class.
Edited by Spaceghost#1311 on 5/9/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You could collect parts of monsters and have a museum page to view close up models of the monsters you have completed. 3D views of all the monsters and especially the bosses would be kind of cool.
Reply Quote
I'd support the idea so long as it does not take up stash space. Then there's the whole what use to collect if I can't show them off issue.
Reply Quote
Make crafting more like monster hunter like Ubers. Use the pieces of bosses and elites to make armor and weapons with unique appearances.

For example, Zolton Kulles head could totally be a wizard source or witch doctor mojo or something.

Moloks wings could make sweet armor.

Siege breakers sword, Skeletons Kings Femur... Etc etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]