Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

I like the collecting items, as long as they award us with something as all of the ideas above have mentioned. I would love to look special... With the current items being used than others ( Ik, Tals, Zulma) it would be a neat way to mix up your look. I hate being in a party and have all the same characters looking identical besides some dyes. Auras.. I want Auras!!! I had a blast getting as many as my character could obtain, even if they didn't do much for damage. It was a fun way to be unique. White items definitely need a use, If Runes are introduced either a patch or expansion.. probably the later it would be an amazing way to make them useful. As of now I don't even know why we have them after level 10. Blizzard your slowly but surely making this game better. I trust in you to make this game as fun as Diablo 2 Lord of destruction :D Much love!
Reply Quote
I think D3 has the potential to be great at the whole player housing aspect of the game. Would provide a great gold sink. Just off the top of my head, here's what I would like to see.

-The initial cost to have a small one room house would be something like 1,000,000 gold. Something that isn't too crazy to get, but also would more or less require the character to have a max level character to achieve (without playing the AH).
-This initial room would allow for things like, additional stash storage only accessible in the house , maybe 2 more lines of space, a mannequin that you can show off armor that you aren't wearing, maybe a cool set piece that you've collected or a unique collection of various armors.
-To expand the house, you would pay a gradually growing fee, maybe 2,000,000 for the second room, 5,000,000 for the third, so on and so forth.
-Additional features would include a direct access to the brawling grounds, maybe as you progress through the game on MP levels, it would display the bosses head's you've killed on MP10. Idk just ideas, would be interesting for sure.
Reply Quote
I think for most long standing Diablo fans the collecting of rare sets was the bulk of replay value, although I like the AH and RMAH, I feel as if there is too much control over the market in the wrong hands, thus devaluing all gear. I also like the itemization the game currently has. That being said a UBER' gear set for all classes, and a list of legendary; one making them hard to find or like hellfire quest line, and two make them bind to account. This would not only take the game back from the gold farming market but greatly increase replay value. Oh almost forgot with bind to account gear make rolls less random and more valuable to the player.
Reply Quote
i wanna see the blacksmith taken further, i have an idea that i havent seen posted so bare with me.
i think it would be cool too upgrade weapons(yes people have posted this tons of times) but too upgrade a said weapon you would need that said weapon ie a manticore, you need a another manticore, a rare 2h crossbow,a blue crossbow a whitecrossbow and than you can add lets say some brimstones, some gold and other crafthing mats, now by doing this you also produce trading among other players (how about that, like i need a manticore but i got a skorn too trade for one) now take the said items too the blacksmith and it could go 1 of 4 ways, you get new affixes, some affixes have changed stat wise, no change at all or you lose certin affixes.
i also wanna see elemental quivers, that enhances elemental affixes.
Reply Quote
The Blacksmith could have the ability to make "inscriptions" in items, forging for example the gamer's name and adding some magic effect to the item, by a price in gold.

These magic effects could be chosen from a "forging" list like "thorns damage", "stun effects" and go on ...

But ... This new forge ability for the blacksmith should have a penalty to the player: the item forged become flagged with "account bound".
Edited by Treufeldt#1880 on 5/10/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Game's about hoarding, so this fits well with that mentality. I'd be down with having some random stuff drop (in its own dedicated slots from mobs and into specific inventories on players) to add to lore or whatever.
Reply Quote
Come up with ALOT of custom player models than changes your appearance when you want it (like the CE wings)

You know, like Full Trang would turn you into a ghoul in D2.
Or the cosmetic microtransaction thing POE has.

Would be cool to have stuff like this dropping.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:18 AMPosted by RAPTOR
I think for most long standing Diablo fans the collecting of rare sets was the bulk of replay value, although I like the AH and RMAH, I feel as if there is too much control over the market in the wrong hands, thus devaluing all gear. I also like the itemization the game currently has. That being said a UBER' gear set for all classes, and a list of legendary; one making them hard to find or like hellfire quest line, and two make them bind to account. This would not only take the game back from the gold farming market but greatly increase replay value. Oh almost forgot with bind to account gear make rolls less random and more valuable to the player.

just thinking on it another idea, for example farming on a monk and finding a inna's set piece would have a higher chance if not 100% chance of being the "perfect roll" as well as being account bound...
Getting set piece for the class your on=AB and Greater stats roll
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Tiggertwo
Make an plan for some special gear or weapon item what you have to collect in part...collecting all the part would give you the book or plan to make this Item....

agreed, but i would like for it to be more meaningful.

how about class specfic quest lines that are transparent to other classes? Similarly like the vanilla WoW class (priest, hunter) quest lines. Solo or groups of the same class can work together to achieve specific items (books) that are riddled with clues to solve the random location (plans, mats) that would normally be out of the path of normal routes. This would help promote exploration. It could be called the Nephalem quest lines and the books can expand on those stories.

Specific class Nephalem sets &/or weapons would also evolve as we grind thru paragon levels. Starting at level p20 to match the portrait changes, then the Nephalem gear(s)/weapons would cosmetically change to look more badass. This would be an icing on the MF/GF cake.

Nephalem Gear/Weapon levels
p0 - 19 - item cosmetic lvl0
p20 - 39 - item cosmetic lvl1
p40 - 59 - item cosmetic lvl2
p60 - 79 - item cosmetic lvl3
p80 - 99 - item cosmetic lvl4
p100 - item cosmetic lvl5

For example, if someone who's at p60 decides to start working on his class quests, then when he/she completes their quest line, the gear/weap will start out at paragon level 3 cosmetically.

that's one of things i loved about WoW, the evolution of gear.
Edited by Venöm#1389 on 5/10/2013 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Make crafting more like monster hunter like Ubers. Use the pieces of bosses and elites to make armor and weapons with unique appearances. For example, Zolton Kulles head could totally be a wizard source or witch doctor mojo or something. Moloks wings could make sweet armor. Siege breakers sword, Skeletons Kings Femur... Etc etc.

I liked this idea mentioned earlier but would suggest that making these items something you could attach to current gear would add a whole other aspect to the game and perhaps make some of those legendaries and rare items that just are not viable in game or are a lesser option to the elite items in the game useful again or for the first time....

Things like Zolton Kulles Head could be attached to a helmet it would have a visual affect to make thee helm look Kullish lol and it would add something useful that pertains to the boss you got it off of in this case perhaps it could add a random value of 2-300 Intelligence to the helm.

a Seigebreaker Sword Fragment that could be attached to your sword or weapon... that adds Str and Crit Damage in random but useful values.

I think this idea would accomplish a number of things drive people to go out and take on some of these boss badies which currently there is no real use in doing since the toughest guys never drop anything of value most good drops fall from pathetic easy whites lol. It would also make many other rare or legendary items that are of little or no value in the game worth something because you might be able to add that 1 last ingredient needed to make it viable. It would add versatility to the game and a diversity among players instead of everyone trying to get that perfect mempo of twilight witching hour echoing fury skorn manticore Tal Rashas amulet Zuni Pox Etc etc etc

now that 1100 dps one handed weapon i picked up today might be useful since it didnt come with CD or socket it might be worth it to farm seigebreaker for a while and if im lucky enough to get CD/Str attachment for it could be a good viable alternative to the skorn im using.

bottom line it could expand the game, add versatility and diversity, give meaning to the bosses in the game and a reason to fight already existing monsters, make items that are essentially worthless in the game viable again or in most cases for the first time, allow creative alternatives to fix broken or underutilized aspects of the game to be revitalized (ie surely we could find a boss that could drop a shield attachment that could make shields a viable alternative in other than HC mode they just are not hardly used because you take such a big hit to your dps to equip one that either it would take you forever to kill what you could handle solo or no one would want you to join their party because of your pathetic DPS).

Perhaps a Sheild attachment that would provide a nice dps boost high CC/CD or some kind of an aggro draw would be even better if it would work as a provoke to all the mobs in a certain range so they would attack the guy with the sheild making a sheild barb a viable alternative and an asset to the party.... as it is a guy thats hard to kill but isnt getting attacked caue everyone outdamages him is not desired in a party and would be no fun and not profitable to play solo. If you were to go with the provoke idea jsut be sure that attachment also includes some survivabilty benifits and or damage as well ie high thorns value to offset the lack of damage improved block chance health/resists to survive all the extra attention he will be receiving in high MP parties.

Just a few examples and ideas of something that i think could help the enjoyment level, economy of the game, viable of items, and alternatives to the same old farming runs.

Also if housing was implemented these bosses could have a chance to drop corpses or skins that could be made into trophies to display in your houses satisfying the needs of the collectors the casual players and the grinders all in one shot.

would love to have feedback on what others think of this idea.
Reply Quote
I dunno if this has been thought of but what about a cave or something where you start out with no gear and as you proceed you collect gear in order to get to the next level. By the end of the cave you get a treasure where you find sweet loot. Maybe keep the gear also? or make a special gear just for that cave. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
Where are you going to put all this junk you are collecting? Personally I think its a cool idea but really dont have room. I mean I want to keep all the legs I get just to keep them but I cant really do that either without running out of space for the things I really want to keep.
Edited by DuckOfDeath#1577 on 5/10/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also, please expand the uses for the followers? Such as adding more slots to equip items, new skills/abilities and higher overall damage capabilities:)
Reply Quote
What about having the ability to merge items together? Darksiders II did this and it worked out really nicely for when you couldn't find upgrades.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Venöm
that's one of things i loved about WoW, the evolution of gear.

thats one thing i hated about WoW, carrot on stick gear. Soon as u got all the best gear we make an expansion where a lvl 61 green is an upgrade from a 60 purple....

I quit wow because i couldnt make my own spec. One patch and it forced me to get a 31 pt skill.
I uninstalled the next day and canceled my subscript
Reply Quote
I really like the item merging idea, and idk if someone said it or not, but I think there should be a reroll option, (once) on an item that cost a good chunk of gold. Also some cosmetic items, make players feel like their IK+skorn barb that builds WW is different than every other barb that does that.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 01:18 PMPosted by PM5K
What about having the ability to merge items together? Darksiders II did this and it worked out really nicely for when you couldn't find upgrades.

You mean like with a Horadric Cube? Gasp who would have ever thought of doing that?
Reply Quote
bring charms and runes(runeword items) back into the game.
Reply Quote
Isn't it obvious? we need more stash space.... more shared stash tabs and personal character stashes.... With the new low level legendaries having lvl 60 versions dropping in inferno I'm not gonna buy a third friggin account to store my collections....

The most interesting collectibles are already in the game... the loot. Now we just need room to keep them.

I had to make a excel sheet with list of collectible items so I could cross it out. It kills me after having crossed the item off the list that I need to salvage the actual item :(

Human beings have the ability to emotionally bond with objects you know :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]