Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

1: Charms (tradeable)
2: Charmbags (nontradeable: holds charms)
3: Ears (oh yeah!)

that
Reply Quote
Fresh ideas? how bout old ideas? Custom games/titles/descriptions. World PvP anytime anywhere aka hostile. Better chat system. Ladder system. Pvp scorekeeping. Arenas. That's what diablo is missing. Less distractions, more making this the best diablo game ever please.
Reply Quote
I would like to collect vanity items that characters could wear. Something like the wings for collectors edition.

It should be something that is time consuming, not something that is accomplished in a few hours like the hellfire rings.

But stuff I could attach to my boots, gauntlets that make my stuff shiny and differentiate me from other players would be cool.
Reply Quote
When Diablo 3 was first announced there was a lot of talk around the idea of the banner and your achievements as a cool thing to show off. I was really hoping for a lot more effort on that front. Collecting things would be really fun if it's something we can show off!

I'd love to see more achievements added to the game. We literally haven't had anything added even with patches. I was really shocked by that, especially with no achievement to hit PL100 (seriously?). I thought the banner would have more than a pattern, sigil, and accent to play with. I remember originally talks about having things that would be around the base, glowing effects and other cool visuals like that.

It would be really cool to have these really long and tedious achievements that gave a very unique dye colour to be able to use, especially with the legendaries getting that change.
Reply Quote
I've always loved anything collectible. Hardcore players will argue that it doesn't "enhance" the game, but they always limit their definition of "enhancement" to strict, mechanical features of gameplay.

I think something like this could be a ton of fun, and reward incidental, aesthetic bonuses. Picture the following. When/if something like a transmogrification system works its way to Diablo, certain skins would be unlocked only by finding collectibles in the world, through looting. Perhaps the ability to change the flame/ice/etc. colors of your attacks, or special auras around your character model, and so on.

Also, because I know my fiancee would go bat*bleep*crazy over them, I wouldn't mind seeing little demonic pets added to the game at some point. Yeah yeah, "This isn't Pokemon!" I know. Still, a little mini-demon would be pretty snazzy, especially if they conferred small bonuses, like +2 xp per kill for an imp, or +1 cold damage for a frost drake, things that wouldn't break the game, but could prove fun and interesting.
Edited by Exile#1863 on 5/9/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Doomhowser
Fresh ideas? how bout old ideas? Custom games/titles/descriptions. World PvP anytime anywhere aka hostile. Better chat system. Ladder system. Pvp scorekeeping. Arenas. That's what diablo is missing. Less distractions, more making this the best diablo game ever please.

While those things would fix the game (as long as ladder didn't have RMAH), those ideas are clearly not the direction the suits want to take this game in.

It's no longer about developing a good game, it's about developing a game that can string the player along long enough to sell them an expansion. Add in some irrelevant BS that doesn't change the game at all (everything in every patch so far) to keep the player thinking their playing some awesome game, when in reality they aren't.
Reply Quote
!!!

I had a suggestion but the Dupe fiasco buried it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770197792

TLDR;

Wave mode ladder system.

Like Baal type spawning, how many waves can you go? Ladder logging who made it the furthest and maybe with a reward for reaching certain waves!
Reply Quote
Snomedevahi

1: Charms (tradeable)
2: Charmbags (nontradeable: holds charms)
3: Ears (oh yeah!)

I love this ... !

Also ... RUNEWORDS ... !

I love this playing this game ... but adding these elements back in would be FANTASTIC ... !

Just my thoughts.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Doomhowser

That would be what is known as a Paid Expansion.
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

1- Yes, collecting stuff is the very heart of Diablo gameplay. That's honestly one of my biggest problems with the game, there's just not enough stuff to collect. D2 had equippable gear, sets and legendaries. Runes and gems. Potions. Gear with certain amounts of sockets were sought for making specific runewords. Even white drops of certain types were sought out for socketable or imbue potential.

2- Yes, it would definitely fit in the game if it was styled properly with the art and lore of Sanctuary. While I do think a lot of mistakes were made in D3's development, you did stay very true to the D3 atmosphere (IMO) ... minus a few choice quotes.. erm.. about that "vegetable bad, meat good"...

3- Well one of the things you guys originally planned then canned was banner customization, like being able to get a pile of gold or a pile of skulls or something at the base of the banner, and being able to tweak the banner much more (make it bigger, change how the flagpost looks, maybe change its shape). That was a cool concept but I think in the rush to get the game out you guys dropped most of that.

People like to do things that make them feel like their character and game are customized to their own tastes, Diablo 3 lacks this sort of customization in a lot of ways (namely skills but I won't drag this topic down into a skill point argument).

I think people would have a lot of fun collecting stuff sort of like Animal Crossing if you've ever played that game - you can collect all sorts of stuff ranging from outfits to potted plants, posters and furniture and you get to take all this stuff and plop it down in your own little residential space. Its nowhere near as in-depth as something like The Sims, but it satisfies that collect-a-thon itch a lot of gamers have. I think something along those lines could REALLY work in a Diablo game.

As to what's actually collected, I dunno... player housing doesn't exactly mesh a whole lot with the Diablo atmosphere, but maybe you could let us customize our avatar's splash screen (that area where you load in and see your character with a backdrop of A1/A2/A3/A4). What if instead of that, there was like a trophy room or something where you could put in throw rugs made of demon guts, or a stuffed and mounted Azmodan head or something. It wouldn't even have to be an explorable location in-game, just a neat little backdrop that you had personalized and you could take a screenshot and go "hey check out my pad".

I think you guys tried really hard to do that with banner customization but banners definitely fell short of pleasing in that sense.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see some kind of monster codex implemented. It's almost there already with the lore entries you pick up. Maybe a book in town that when you click on it you can see a model of every monster you've defeated. You know zoom in, spin it around, etc.

This is kind of out there, but perhaps something like a personal armory. Maybe there would be mannequins or something inside that you could attach items to, maybe even have the items bind to the mannequin. If you complete an item set on them, like IK or zuni, you get a small buff to any characters you have of that class It could be something like the charm system and a trophy room built into one.

I really like the idea of a trophy room. Perhaps with a space to hang up your staff of herding above a fireplace.
Reply Quote
Interesting idea. I've seen a mod for another game that had class sets, e.g each piece, whatever difficulty they were gathered in, automatically upgraded as you progressed to another difficulty, you do not out-level them.Only used for a single class.Obviously would have to be B.O.A. Also same mod had bosses randomly dropping pieces of items that could be combined eventually to a very high powered item. Adding a treasure hunt type event on top of the regular RNG game-play.Already in the game to some extent with the Hellfire rings, but could be expanded on.
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

No, because once you finished the collection, you feel empty, just got another boring achievement.
No, I wouldn't waste electricity reading a book in a 3D game while it adds nothing to gameplay.

Don't waste your time adding another band-aid.
--
Or more precisely, wasting our attention.
Edited by Anunnaki#3684 on 5/9/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I would enjoy it, its something that we can hunt for, and if we keep them bound to ourselves, it gives players a reason to move away from the auction house.

There are basically 3 things that I would like to see.

1. Cosmetics - you have shown that you can do them with the collectors edition wings. This is going a lot further then the dies, including permanent armor skins, wings, horns, halos.

2. Fluff - This includes design art, Lore, ect. The books that are given out through the story line are a good start, but they are given. Art pieces would be found kind of like puzzles pieces I think would be best, finishing a puzzle should give a small reward, maybe some gold and XP, but it's there for you to look at

3. Non-combat pets - little critters that follow you around, these aren't combat orientated, can leave them in town if you want (And please don't go off stating going off on how this isn't wow...)

I think that a collection system would ultimately be good for the game, as stated in my OP, that Diablo is ultimately a game about collecting stuff, and killing the bad guy. Right now the only thing we have to collect is gear, and well, making gear better is a good start, I think that more needs to be done in order to make up for the lack of content.
Reply Quote
I love these type of ideas as well.

I'd love to see a visual 'bestiary' of sorts that is filled out as the player encounters monsters throughout the game. Depending on how many of each particular monster you kill you'll unlock extra information for that entry such tactics and weaknesses. This could also be a great way to show off more of the amazing conceptual art and lore.

I read a thread a while back that had the idea of a 'Gear Encyclopedia' that compiled information on each item type and tier you find. It required the player to bring gears back to a town-based NPC that would then add them to his encyclopedia. A special section devoted to Legendary Gear would have the NPC appraising the roll of the item you present, giving a rating and rewarding you with gems and gold for better rolls.
Reply Quote
There are certain things like the wings from the Collector's Edition of the game that I would like to have - and I would have bought that edition, but couldn't find it. Perhaps Blizz could come up with some sort of "enhancement" like that as well, maybe make it like the Hellfire rings quest, but make it even harder/more difficult. Not more costly (as in gold), but as in time/experience. Something that a player can have on that shows.

Heck, there could be multiple ones; wings, helm, etc. that all do something different as an enhancement for, say, 6 seconds (which I think is what the wings do?) and the player could only equip one.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I would love to collect forum avatars!

Well, if we ever get avatars that is. >.>

Other than that though, you could have like a gallery of stuff you've found. I think it'd be pretty neat.
Reply Quote
Instead of the character screen, It will be a room which you can decorate with collectibles you found. When people inspect your profile, they will see your decorated room with your chars inside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]