Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

A game that worked properly would be a collectable.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Felmare
add charms/ runewords

This, and bring back one-time-per-difficulty quest rewards from D2 like putting a socket in a non-socketed item and things like countess runs (guaranteed drop of 1-2 runes, with a ilvl range based on difficulty). Maybe even going as far as making a boss kill guarantee x amount of legendaries if you have y amount of MF (at 0 NV no less), with the catch being the majority of them will be low level; (even the high level stuff isn't all desirable, PLUS you have to get a good roll on the random affixes AND good stat range) at least then you have a reliable way of getting a decent shot at a usable item, and if not then it will at least make gearing out low level alts a more realistic option. This would also have the added benefit of being able to do something meaningful without requiring spending hours at a time.

I feel that having boss drops like D2 would not make farming other areas obsolete because the other areas are guaranteed to have high ilvl drops every time, where the bosses would drop any ilvl, which would result in most drops being a) low level, b) high level but mediocre, c) desirable high level items with mediocre rolls and OCCASIONALLY but RELIABLY d) high level items with good rolls.

So basically farming zones vs bosses would be masses of legendaries with a needle in the haystack (bosses) or occasional legendaries, but more likely to be something useful when they do drop (zones)

Another thing - Maybe have the monsters have a chance to drop higher quality gems...

it might not sound like a big deal to most, but to those who can't afford to make the best gems sounds like a good deal.

Also this, and gem shrines (maybe not allow the last few tiers to upgrade via shrines?). I'm not saying to have the best gems in the game drop, but something higher than flawless square would be nice.
Edited by Capnsensible#1962 on 5/11/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I want game statistics.

eg:

per game:
total elites killed
total trash killed
average time to clear 1 elite pack

per game per player
total deaths
average deaths per elite pack killed
total dps dealt
average dps per mob
total legendaries found per game
time online in game
Reply Quote
Yes! Please! I'm all for more reasons to play. A Collection Idea is right up my alley. How about some Charms like in D2. Small ones could build Medium ones, Med to Large ...

I play solo a lot so I'd like to see a way to earn/find/craft some unique and powerful items exclusively for them as well.

How about a way to socket unsocketed items, including boots ... ?
Edited by Hooks#1677 on 5/11/2013 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Errr, I would go for a very rare token drop that would enable a player to make one armor or weapon to MAX stats. Account bound, and a special vendor for it or maybe make the token a reward for dealing with over a years worth of MAJOR screw ups? (kind of joking about the last part)

Oh, and a account could only get this once....ever!
The stats would have to auto upgrade when higher base stats are put into patches and such.
Edited by mdrhoden#1850 on 5/11/2013 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think having collections would be great!
Especially for a game like Diablo!

This would offer a new dimension to the game.

We could hunt for:
- Items (like the Hellfire ring) you can craft into another item
- lore (like the lost pages) (Maybe with a short story or short video)
- books to find out what happened with the followers
- gear or enhancements for gear
- a new area or map or an area that has more/different monsters
- an effect (like glow or fire) that you can apply to a weapon or armor
- a pet that follows you but doesn't do any damage
- a boss fight (like Ubers)

I guess these items have to be combined from multiple other items, account bound, not easy to find.
For me hunting for things is fun and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
It also promotes group play, if the collectables are implemented like the Hellfire ring.
Edited by LiquidGuy#1538 on 5/11/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anybody else loves statistics?

Much like the hours played, total monsters killed, elites killed etc I would love to know how many of each particular monster I killed, distance traveled :), highest critical hit, packs of elites simultaneously defeated, highest mayhem streak, items crafted and so on.

Also I would like to be able to choose the stance of my hero at the start up screen. For instance I love the way a fem monk holds a diabo, but hate the way my male monk stands when I epuip fists weapons (is he joining the olympics or something?).
Edited by MrVet#2608 on 5/11/2013 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
new gem
drop rate on higher level gems
legendary items actually legendary. yeah i know they made them better but not good enough. even a low legendary should still be legendary

followers use more items like a helm or chest armor
Reply Quote
So many good ideas in this thread!

It's a disgrace Blizzard charges $60 for their boring game then has the gamers do the work for them.

I'd assume most of these changes will take at least another year to complete, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Look how long it took for us to get Identify All =^/
Reply Quote
Don't throw fresh ideas at them. They are having difficulties patching in the ideas that have been around for the better part of a year.
ITEMIZATION NEEDS TO BE PATCHED ASAP, then they can remove the AH.
Reply Quote
The game is fundamentally flawed and there isn't much that can be done to save it.
Don't get me wrong, I love diablo 1 & 2, but somewhere along the way they really dropped the ball.
I want blizzard and the diablo games to be successful but this was such a huge disappointment.
Everyone on my friends list has quit and has expressed the same sentiment. When they showed the early development of diablo 3 with the original skills trees, I got excited, but when they were nerfed and you couldn't place your own stat points, then I started to wonder. Throwing in a cow level or adding some silly patches to make your character look cooler isn't going to make it a game changer.

They will need to bring back the original skill trees with synergies, allow for stat placement, bring back charms and runewords, Have to ability to socket your own items and not just 1 socket, I mean like rolling for them like in diablo 2 with the horadric cube. Bring back the ability to have real trade games with other players, ELIMINATE THE AUCTION HOUSES ALLTOGETHER. Bring back worthwhile egghunt items like the hellfire torch and annihilus. Bring back crushing blow, open wounds, and aura based item affixes. Just a few things to name...

Maybe in diablo 4, what do u think?
Edited by TheGrither#1446 on 5/11/2013 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

Well, I'll talk for myself on this one for once.

What made me play Diablo3, what made me wait a LONG while for this game is diablo2, so therefor, it's kind of normal, to expect things that we're in diablo2 to be in diablo3 ( sorry if this sounds harsh :S )

-Cow level ( this hype is from diablo 1 )
-Hordes of Demons chasing you from ACROSS the map. (diablo2)
-Ability to travel between acts in one game ( diablo 2)
- More movement speed.

( hint: just make the game go faster)

try to create Raids, where you need like 8-10 players to do it once a day ( Raids does not mean evry single game can hold 10 players)
Reply Quote
Posted an idea today.

It is about adding some bounty hunting. For example collect Khazra heads and then collect the bounty for them.

It is in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796590410?page=1
Reply Quote
My ideas :
- each act boss would have a chance to drop a special item (account bound !) : the four of them, combined, would give a chance to add 1 dex / str / intel point.
- same thing with some other bosses such as leoric, maghda, siegebreaker & rakanoth for 1 vitality point (everybody has all crafting recepies now...)
- crafted charms : something like the relics in TQIT, could be really exciting (drop parts, charms crafting recepies... some charms need lower charms as ingredients... and each crafted charm would get a random afix...).
Reply Quote
I would love to have something to collect. Something to do other than the endless grind. Perhaps motes scattered about the areas of the game for players to interact with to gather materials for crafting for example. Something, anything, to mix up the boring grind. Account bound enchantments for gear would be fun.
Edited by Gour#2216 on 5/11/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MORE socetables!!! in the form of Runes (make them upgradeable at the jeweler somehow for goldsink) and new gem varieties. (Skulls for leech, a rainbow gem for all resist, legendary gems, etc....) Add new collectible parts/organs that can be crafted into a one time use only portal to a demonic farm level that has several events and contains massive hordes of hellcows that moogurgle and hellpigs that squealgurgle and a Boss. Also a craftable portal that leads to the realm of Greed. I am Dirtymeat and I have spoken. Additional Thought: I quite enjoy the new monster density in act4 in particular the "Hell rifts" but sadly i feel these need some reworking. On occasion the rifts will have a longer stretch of map than usual and this is great. There is a steady flow of enemies preparing to breech heaven but not a single Elite mob to contend with. The Hell rifts (endgame material) should be a long gauntlet of non stop monster crushing complete with several Elites and a chance for a little reward at the end (resplendent chest?) Thanks Guys. Love the new changes, keep them coming!!!
Edited by Dirtymeat#1950 on 6/1/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I want game statistics.

eg:

per game:
total elites killed
total trash killed
average time to clear 1 elite pack

per game per player
total deaths
average deaths per elite pack killed
total dps dealt
average dps per mob
total legendaries found per game
time online in game

More stats!
Reply Quote
i'd rather get a refund...
Edited by Boomstick#1995 on 5/11/2013 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]