Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

I appreciate your idea. I however think bind on account is counter productive - this is a trading game, diablo 2 was a trading game - quit taking that from us with boa items.

I for one have stated this many times, but looks like it wont happen: Ladder seasons! it freshens up the game, keeps people hooked, brings old players back for new beginnings.

I like what has been done for crafting but I think it needs to be made more difficult/interesting - make "white" items useful (just like in diablo 2, with runewords) - make the "White" item an optional mat that can boost a particular stat by 50 - so for example: 20 Tears and 1 Demonic Essence can make Gloves with 200 to a core stat - the mat (depending on its quality (Damaged/Normal/Superior) would add 25, 50, 75 to the core stat.

I do think that Diablo 3 could use Charms (things that you would drop from 1 Random Elite Pack per game that has a guaranteed chance to drop) - gives people incentive to farm the entire act vs. high density areas. These charms (a total of 4, one from each act lets call them R B G Y) can have any 6 properties but you can only hold one of each color - kind of like the restriction on Anni Charms. these charms could each put off an aura Red Blue Green and Yellow - which can benefit everyone in the party - make these with a high durability but ethereal (so that they can be destroyed) - that not only makes the Indestructible mod useful, but it will make them a constant thing to be searching for. (do not make these bind on account though, as they should be traded)
Reply Quote
I'd call it Mystic Aura. The construction of a living doll inside the D3 universe.

I'd like to be able to find doll parts inside the game. So I can build a voodoo doll and carry it around inside my inventory for a special visual effect. I'd like the doll parts to be almost impossible to find. I'd also like to have a selection of different visual effects per doll constructed, with the ability to combine dolls and doll parts to create and even more unique mystic aura. Give me mah mystic doll blizzard ^-~

P.S. I'd also like it to have a unique personality and upon it's realization of its consciousness cast a curse upon the player who creates it (-10 random stat.) No, I am not joking.

Much Love,
-Blizzardwon
Edited by Blizzardwon#1292 on 5/9/2013 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like this.
Reply Quote
Yes, just what the suits want, more cheap gimmicks to string players along until the expansion releases.

Get real.

Isn't that why we play games, to string ourselves along and kill some time? So what if you don't like fluff, that's one of the beauties of games like this, you can largely ignore it. It doesn't hurt your game, but enhances the game for other players, why is that a bad thing? Yes, this is something that is catering to the more casual players, but is that necessarily bad? What if I don't like the idea of hunting keys to kill ubers? What if I'm tired of hunting for that elusive upgrade that odds are I'll never find... it simply gives players other options, nothing more nothing less.
Reply Quote
The essence of Diablo game series is collecting string of bloody

EARS !!!!

~ The End ~

P.S. Fluff items like "transmoging"/"reskining" flashy eye candy armor sets or having pets is fine though! Heheheh!!
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 5/9/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, just what the suits want, more cheap gimmicks to string players along until the expansion releases.

Get real.

Isn't that why we play games, to string ourselves along and kill some time? So what if you don't like fluff, that's one of the beauties of games like this, you can largely ignore it. It doesn't hurt your game, but enhances the game for other players, why is that a bad thing? Yes, this is something that is catering to the more casual players, but is that necessarily bad? What if I don't like the idea of hunting keys to kill ubers? What if I'm tired of hunting for that elusive upgrade that odds are I'll never find... it simply gives players other options, nothing more nothing less.

Yes it's bad when there are real issues, core to the Diablo franchise that are missing.

But no, go ahead and collect your "achievements". Simpleton.
Reply Quote
armor effects/skins that can be crafted or drop from bosses.

hmm, maybe stuff that is unlocked after killing a certain amount of an enemy that provides a small bonus to elemental damage.

as an artist I would just love sliders to modify armor colors to my taste like in armored core on ps1
Reply Quote
This sort of thing sounds like a lot of fun! Cool idea thread here :)
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Spam
I appreciate your idea. I however think bind on account is counter productive - this is a trading game, diablo 2 was a trading game - quit taking that from us with boa items.

There are account bound items. I'll let you figure it out for yourself.
Reply Quote
Yes it's bad when there are real issues, core to the Diablo franchise that are missing.

But no, go ahead and collect your "achievements". Simpleton.

*blinks* Go back and read some of my earlier posts, and try again.

Edit: Sorry to everybody else. I don't want this thread derailed.
Edited by Rivis#1828 on 5/9/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also:
1: Add d2 style avatar chat channels
2: Include a quest/item that unlocks a 60 only trade channel (goodbye lvl 1 spambots)
3: Legendary Dye
Reply Quote
Add cow level (cowqueen)
make it so tough at mp10 it cant be cleared(permanent challenge)
make it so if you die in the cow level one of ur items loses its MAX DURABILITY (halberds HURT)
make the redportal scary again(like old d2, could spawn anywhere)
add a leaderboard of who has killed the most cows before quiting/dying
Profit

Pros:
stop MUDflation (good items will eventually disappear)
indestructible affix (this is my cows set!)
challenge (boohoo i farm mp10 to easy)
nostalgia (moo)
save the cowqueen (from cow zombies!)
lore (necromancer revived cows ring a bell?)

Cons:
ill leave this category to all of you

Horde Mode Cow Level?
Eternal spawns, with a brief respite between waves. Each wave increases in strength.
There is a reward at the end of each wave, with the chances of better drops increasing at higher waves.
Though I would like something to say that skilled players will get to higher waves, rather than just better gear.
Reply Quote
I say no. Diablo isn't a collector's game. If you are going to introduce any incentives to go play the game it should have a practical and functional aspect to it. So items and materials need to be varied.
Reply Quote
I would love to collect forum avatars!

Well, if we ever get avatars that is. >.>

Other than that though, you could have like a gallery of stuff you've found. I think it'd be pretty neat.

Heh, I've been using these forums for over a year and it just now dawned on me that we still don't have avatars. I guess their web team must have moved on.

I still remember when it took them an extra two weeks just to stop labeling D3 accounts as D3BETA
Reply Quote
any collection added would only be fun! whether for status fun vanity what have you, I do think a small
bonus to magic find or crafting bonus item would be nice, I do not understand why diablo is under utilizing the crafting system there is so much more they could be adding to it
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

I would if they meant something. If they are unusable then they are useless to have.
To me the unlocking of achievements means nothing to me as they add nothing to the gaming exp.
If they added to something tangible then sure add it in. But if it a small bit of artwork then you look at it once and move on.
Reply Quote

If no, why not?

If there was a system where I farmed specific areas to find specific things, I'd love it. Like a portrait of the cow king or something. That would make my life.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Digress

There are account bound items. I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Maybe you didn't read - I never said their weren't account bound items - I just think that all items should be tradable. (there were no account bound items in diablo 2)
Reply Quote
There are basically 3 things that I would like to see.

1. Cosmetics - you have shown that you can do them with the collectors edition wings. This is going a lot further then the dies, including permanent armor skins, wings, horns, halos.

2. Fluff - This includes design art, Lore, ect. The books that are given out through the story line are a good start, but they are given. Art pieces would be found kind of like puzzles pieces I think would be best, finishing a puzzle should give a small reward, maybe some gold and XP, but it's there for you to look at

3. Non-combat pets - little critters that follow you around, these aren't combat orientated, can leave them in town if you want (And please don't go off stating going off on how this isn't wow...)

This is the kind of item hunt that people will crave. Get them playing the game for hours and hours again.
Reply Quote

If no, why not?

I would if they meant something. If they are unusable then they are useless to have.
To me the unlocking of achievements means nothing to me as they add nothing to the gaming exp.
If they added to something tangible then sure add it in. But if it a small bit of artwork then you look at it once and move on.

What kind of tangible assetts would you like then? Make completed arts confer a small bonus?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]