Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

I do like this idea - I think it could work with equipment actually.

Account bound peices (like three pieces make a hat or something) that would form weapons/armor over time with legendary like lore attached to them.

I mean... as long as such equipment wasn't so godly or anything.

Like little low-level sets that looked neat when completed that don't give such edge but more of a visual aesthetic.

And, as mentioned, concept art books or something with some lore.

Again - as long as such equipment was account bound and not SO powerful.

As a hardcore player I would love to have the option of doning a neat little lowbie suit just for the sake of looking cool if my high level bit the dust.

That would be boss.
Edited by FloydGA#1282 on 5/9/2013 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Spam

There are account bound items. I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Maybe you didn't read - I never said their weren't account bound items - I just think that all items should be tradable. (there were no account bound items in diablo 2)

I suggested them as being account bound in my original post, but tag them as no auction perhaps instead.
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

Id love for some more long term journal type stories, we're constantly finding adventurers that have been killed, I think it would be fun to learn more about them. give their progress, similar to cains journals that you find. but instead of cain talking about monsters, give us the story of the adventurer.

I'd love to combine this with a sort of home that each player gets which they can fill with treasures and whatnot that you find along your journeys. make them Bind on pickup to make it something you have to earn.
Reply Quote

I would if they meant something. If they are unusable then they are useless to have.
To me the unlocking of achievements means nothing to me as they add nothing to the gaming exp.
If they added to something tangible then sure add it in. But if it a small bit of artwork then you look at it once and move on.

What kind of tangible assetts would you like then? Make completed arts confer a small bonus?

yeah mate, i will be making a thread on this in a few minutes. To me we are mindlessly farming for items we wont get or dont want. We need to get specific on farming imo. Ill write something up soon just doing some work.
Reply Quote
like the idea of charms, but with no usefull combat advantage like:
1 way port to random location
change sex of your toon 4 an hour
random voice emotes, eg; your barb can now say ' i'm so good...' in his/her voice instead of a mage's
your armour changes colour when open your stash

just same ideas
Reply Quote
Implement some quests that reward permanent boost of character, add socket to gear etc. It's nothing fresh but worked really well in D2.
Edited by gloryacmilan#1725 on 5/9/2013 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Felmare
add charms/ runewords

God bring those back. It makes the game worth playing.
Reply Quote

Maybe you didn't read - I never said their weren't account bound items - I just think that all items should be tradable. (there were no account bound items in diablo 2)

I suggested them as being account bound in my original post, but tag them as no auction perhaps instead.

That would be better, I doesn't quite solve the problem. I would suggest a limit on how many times it can change hands. It would make people really think about trading it and allows for an upgrading it while not losing out on the full cost of it. (Possibly 3, or even make it a gold sink, 50million, to allow it to be tradeable)
Edited by Spam#1721 on 5/9/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After the new itemization changes, what I would really like to see is an automated checklist for all legendaries and set items personally found.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:22 PMPosted by mandros
I'd support the idea so long as it does not take up stash space. Then there's the whole what use to collect if I can't show them off issue.

It wouldn't with the way I'm thinking. It would just be a background for the stash tabs. However you could view it elsewhere where it's not covered by the items in your stash.
Reply Quote

If no, why not?

the implementation i would appreciate most is if blizzard would not interfere with everything

let the players sort something out for once
Reply Quote
More is always better, +1 this.
Reply Quote
I like what Whitebeard suggested, using pieces of monsters (bosses included) to help build sets. They don't have to be BiS, but should be usable at the high end of content. They DEFINITELY need to look awesome! No more invisible dye necessary!

That would also provide a way for players who aren't very lucky with drops or rare crafts another chance at getting an upgrade, especially newer players.
Reply Quote
I would explore every inch of this game for collecting-material kinds of stuff. Say, rarely dropped statuettes from every side dungeon that show up on a nifty trophy box, that's shareable with others like Achievements.

I would pay like 50 dollars tonight for this. I dont know why I like harmless collectible crap so much. Trace it back to baseball cards in my youth.
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?If no, why not?If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

Not required in a diablo game, but not hurtfull either.
That is its not hurtfull if I dont HAVE to keep them if they are BoA.

Also though I think usefull items is much more important to a diablo game than useless collectibles.

I also wouldnt want the Dev's to think that they have to keep adding this kind of "content" on a regular basis.

Nameplate attachable to tradeable gear?
Reply Quote
IMO the hellfire ring quest was a success even though i have failed so far in crafting a usable one. How about expanding on this idea to include weapons of choice etc, basically the more challenges we have the more we will enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
omg yes I keep thinking about this.

Little low level sets that are more aesthetic than powerful...

Like... a barbarian set at lvl 10 that, when completed, gives like 10 vitality or something similar... no big deal but something made of pieces all spread out (multiple difficulties) and account bound.

Would really give another reason to play - buying them would defeat the purpose.

All kinds of little sets for all classes.

/mindblown
Reply Quote
Ladder System: Current Auction House and Characters Created since May15th 2012, are now old Ladder characters and a new ladder will be created from May 15th 2013 Forward.
This ladder will contain top player charts, With detailed player listing for community interaction.

If no, why not?

I love collecting things and displaying them some way,. a home.

Yeah, but it would give me something to do in the mean time and show my dedication beyond the Monster Power and Paragon Level. Something for Casual Players to do.

These items can not be sold on the AH or perhaps could be used in Recipes that are 0.001% drop chance for incredible items. Also i think for The item's there should be a Special Spawn dedicated to That unique item and a boss for each. With a chance to spawn on Any act, but only in area's that can dedicate enough size to it's placement.

Thank you Blizzard.
Keep on working on D3. :)
Edited by Baler#1275 on 5/9/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i like lores.... maybe some hidden stories on the different characters would be a good start. in addition a new cinematic would be a nice complement whenever a new/alternative quest is done or a collection has been completed, it makes you feel more attached to the game.
Reply Quote
Increase in stash size(Don't care if I have to pour gold into it) Then allow for some fun collectable items that can be usefull or just fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]