Diablo® III

Fresh Ideas'

The whole reason I love ARPGs is not just because of the killing and mass destruction.. it's about the interaction and contents. The little things help IMMENSELY. Hypothetically, if you had new NPCs that carried on random/different conversations and maybe even interacted with other elements that were to be implemented, that would go a long way. Somebody mentioned this about a week ago, but adding a little pub or an extra inn where you could play mini-games and throw out unruly patrons would be a kick! Especially if they were considered champs at random. Quest items too? It would make this game a true successor if more substance was added.

'The little things in life'
Reply Quote
No more bind on account items instead make a limit to how many times it can be traded (2 times for example) this allows people to continue working on upgrading their gear without the fear of not being able to utilize previous godly gear.

For example i crafted some Trifecta gloves with Life - but my goal is Trifecta with AR and Armor - once i get my godly item i should be rewarded by the ability to sell my previous one (even just once would work)
Reply Quote
1/travel between acts in game like in d2. when u join the game all bosses are alive so u can farm them.
2/ runewords/charms(grand small large or whatever else)
3/ remove stupid AH or increase gold drop number or decrease max gold bid
4/ different items that are viable for mp10, im sick of HAVING to use echoing fury and manticore on all chars. there is no variety atm
5/ more/ different ubers to farm with diff items
Reply Quote
Class specific collectables i.e.
WD- necklace of ears collect from different rare humanoids
Barb- necklace of teeth collect from different rare beasts
Wiz- arcanum collect different pages from different rare spell casters
Monk- prayer beads dropped from creatures in certain defiled shrines or locations.
DH- miasma vial filled with the corruption of certain demons.

I thnk it would be best for complete collections to give a graphics unique to your class, and perhaps class specific properties. great topic and lots of good ideas.

Awesome.
Reply Quote
Maybe a gambling type function with the blacksmith and legendaries. For instance, take 2 Dawns, combine them they make a new Dawn, either higher, lower quality than the original, or disappear completely. With a chance to roll really high, comparable or better than a good Calamity for instance. Same with all those under-used or unusable legendaries like Pus Spitter, Frostburns, etc.
They don't sell anyway, it'd be fun to try to make something usable out of them besides a Brimstone. A real gambler could try it with decent items instead of messing around with the AH. Item sink too.
Reply Quote
Please make items soulbound or account bound when you equip them, there has to be some way for items to go out of circulation, just adding more and more items eventually there will be so much that there is no point. people should make a choice to equip items etc.

then when they upgrade they can DE the old stuff or vendor it, not just well I don't need that anymore ill just post it in the AH.

my 2 cents
Reply Quote
I like the idea of having a different collectible puzzles but i think they should be able to be for sale. What happens when you cant find that last one or find multiples of the same.

Maybe we could find pieces of a map leading to a quest for treasure.

Give treasure goblins the random chance to drop special device pieces that when you combine to make a whole will open a portal to their treasure room.

Give those pages from black rock a use, cant we combine them to make a book for lore for a one time few point stat upgrade of our chioce?

Dye pots for legendary items dropping from mobs only.

Just a few ideas...

PS. Sorry if i took someones ideas, i didnt read thru all the pages.
Edited by Sparzy666#6882 on 5/9/2013 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. People might not like it because they hate change... though this would be a good change
4. Bring out pieces here and there not all at once. Even make sure to have several different styles across the classes. This could/would build variety allowing for different play styles.
Reply Quote
Unless the "collection" has some sort of benefit for me in game... then I would not at all be interested.

However I could settle for a Tabard of some sort if it was an art piece... something you could at least show to others that you put in more time and are more amazing than them at that moment ;)

If it was merely an achievment then meh.
Reply Quote
You know what I'd really like to see? A button that makes you move instead of attack, just like shift makes you attack instead of move. Sometimes I need to run away, but I end up attacking instead and get killed by standing in junk on the floor, or something else.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 06:18 PMPosted by HomerSimpson
I would rather collect armor and weapons. The trick is that they have to be useful. This is Diablo, I don't care about the story.

I see the top grinders run everything backwords so they don't have to mess with the story line click fest......It would be nice if the story wasn't crap tastic......I rather enjoyed the d2 less is more... feeling
Edited by Liberty#1232 on 5/9/2013 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ANNI and GHEEDS charms..?...nuff said
Reply Quote
I always liked the idea of personal housing. Instead of a 'start screen' of characters, we have a 'house' that we can purchase and populate with items, weapons, art, ect. that more or less show off our accomplishments in the game - sort of like a visual achievement list. Kill diablo - get a portrait of him falling we can place. I would add some rare items as well, similar to how Ultima Online did it where, sometimes in dungeons you can grab a rack of skulls. Maybe add a vendor that sells things like a display case.
Reply Quote
Interesting suggestion! I'd love to hear what players think, as well.

Do you think having collections is something you'd enjoy?
Do you think it's fitting for a game like Diablo III?
If no, why not?
If yes, what kind of implementation would you appreciate most?

i think collecting various aesthetic armour coverings is no different to dyes, so im not against it.
i would enjoy covering up ugly ilvl62 gear, but on the other side of the coin, i would definitely despise having anything brony related like the unicorn level, which doesnt fit into this genre at all and shouldn't exist. im glad that it is never used anymore.

tldr; collections;yes, as long as they fit in the genre, no more wings or flamboyant things though.
Reply Quote
I always liked the idea of personal housing. Instead of a 'start screen' of characters, we have a 'house' that we can purchase and populate with items, weapons, art, ect. that more or less show off our accomplishments in the game - sort of like a visual achievement list. Kill diablo - get a portrait of him falling we can place. I would add some rare items as well, similar to how Ultima Online did it where, sometimes in dungeons you can grab a rack of skulls. Maybe add a vendor that sells things like a display case.

I do like this idea as well, if we had something else to do besides hack slash for gold/armor and weapons it should bring FUN back into the game.
Reply Quote
I actually had this pretty wild idea for end-game crafting. It would drive the super elite class of players to craft for upgrades, in turn distributing gold to the rest of those that "play" the game by making the demand for mats so high.

The idea for the crafting is to make "socketed" plans --- the concept can use different wording, i'm sure.

if you found a socketed plan for an archon piece of dexterity, you could have it roll TWO guaranteed affixes by putting an RS amythest in it, OR... duh duh-DUH!

Rune Stones.

There would be 1 rune for every other affix in the game. Like D2, the less desired gear affixes would drop more often.

a_Rune = Health Globe
b_Rune = Thorns
w_Rune = Attack Speed
x_Rune = Socket
y_Rune = Crit Chance
z_Rune = something new

either way, these socketed plans would drop about as often as a legendary plan. You could collect multiple socketed plans and make them different with different inserts. The blacksmith would learn it if it wasn't an exact duplicate.

Both the Plans and Runes could be sold on AH, anything crafted would be BoA.
Reply Quote
A lot of cool ideas! Loving it!
Reply Quote
Find pieces of a pub sign that when put together unlock a pub room as a lobby, have something visual as well as just general chat
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Priest
Some things to hunt that would be "AH-free":

Super rare gems that are account bound and do unique things that current gems do not do, i.e. an attack speed gem, or a life steal % gem etc.
Charms that are account bound
Items that unlock new maps, i.e. Wirt's leg unlocked Cow Level.
Vanity items, i.e. Angel Wings from D3 CE
New keywardens and uber-bosses with new craftable recipies, i.e. Hellfire rings
Collections of items, that when fully completed, give your characters new models/titles
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]