Diablo® III

Does different MP affect density?

We know that increased monster density only kicks in if you pick an MP that's not zero, in Inferno difficulty.

05/08/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Grimiku
You'll find increased monster density if you're in Inferno difficulty, and have Monster Power 1 - 10 enabled. If you're looking for an easy place to see the density changes I recommend checking out The Weeping Hollow in Act I or the Storm Halls (it’s in Zoltun Kulle’s Archives) in Act II. There are lots of other great spots to farm monsters, but those are some of the favorites from what I hear.

But if I use MP10, will that grant me MORE density than MP5?

Please answer this if you can blues.
Reply Quote
View profile
Im obviously not a blue but I did play on MP3,5,and10 last night. Some runs were just quick runs trying to get a key. Some runs were with friends as a group trying to farm drops with the extra group buffs. And some runs were just messing around. They were all runs in Festering woods to get quick stacks and then to the fields to get a key. I didnt see notice significant change in the density.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 06:06 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
I didnt see notice significant change in the density.

Looks like there is a bit of randomness to it or some kinks to work out still. I did an Act 1 run yesterday which was practically one extended fight until I went back to town. Did a run today which had significantly less mobs (though still more than it used to be).
Reply Quote
I agree, there is some randomness, I got 690 massacre in one run on the Weeping Hollow, and only 520 on another etc.

Would just like a blue to clarify if possible.
Reply Quote
I myself didn't see much difference in mob and elite density at MP 10 Act. 3 Fields and Tower of the Damned.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
View profile
I agree, there is some randomness, I got 690 massacre in one run on the Weeping Hollow, and only 520 on another etc.

Would just like a blue to clarify if possible.

I think the randomness could be due to the random mob types that spawn. One thing I did notice is only certain mob packs spawn in really large groups (about a dozen or more) while others are still much smaller groups (about 6).
Reply Quote
There is no difference in density betweenMP1-10. It's either off with MP0 or on with MP1-10.
Reply Quote
density will pick up in every mp depending on the strength of the team
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 06:19 PMPosted by THIEF2004
I myself didn't see much difference in mob and elite density at MP 10 Act. 3 Fields and Tower of the Damned.

That's b/c they adjusted mob density in acts 1,2,4
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We know that increased monster density only kicks in if you pick an MP that's not zero, in Inferno difficulty.

You'll find increased monster density if you're in Inferno difficulty, and have Monster Power 1 - 10 enabled. If you're looking for an easy place to see the density changes I recommend checking out The Weeping Hollow in Act I or the Storm Halls (it’s in Zoltun Kulle’s Archives) in Act II. There are lots of other great spots to farm monsters, but those are some of the favorites from what I hear.

In patch 1.0.8 we adjusted the monster density of various areas of the game for players playing on Inferno on Monster Power 1 through MP10. While Monster Power offers some added perks to those willing to tackle the challenge of playing on higher MP levels, the monster density of areas does not scale upwards as you increase your MP level.
Reply Quote

In patch 1.0.8 we adjusted the monster density of various areas of the game for players playing on Inferno on Monster Power 1 through MP10. While Monster Power offers some added perks to those willing to tackle the challenge of playing on higher MP levels, the monster density of areas does not scale upwards as you increase your MP level.

Cool

Coolcoolcool
Reply Quote

Wow, cool. Now remove the AH, improve items and this might actually turn out to be an ARPG. Not a decent one, but at least not a trading simulation.
Reply Quote
I like the auction house. It saves me a lot of time by using gold instead of item for item trading, which takes forever. Then again, I mostly play hardcore.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Przytulski
I like the auction house. It saves me a lot of time by using gold instead of item for item trading, which takes forever. Then again, I mostly play hardcore.

So you too don't prefer finding your own equip over having to buy it? Because that's actually the only thing the AH does.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Why don't allow monster density on mp0 too? Can you explain, please?

I wanna kill more monsters too, but I play hardcore and if I go to mp1 I will not last a minute.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Thanks Vaeflare!

05/09/2013 02:59 PMPosted by gudlbua
So you too don't prefer finding your own equip over having to buy it? Because that's actually the only thing the AH does.

I like the AH as well, can you please not derail this thread, a majority of people like the AH.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 03:45 PMPosted by snowBR

Why don't allow monster density on mp0 too? Can you explain, please?

I wanna kill more monsters too, but I play hardcore and if I go to mp1 I will not last a minute.

If every MP had more density, there would be no way to turn it off? Maybe that is what they were thinking. MP0 = no monster density. I can't personally imagine anyone wanting fewer monsters to kill but I guess you never know.
Reply Quote
Idk why people even complain about the ah if it wasn't here there would just be a third party site everyone goes to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]