Diablo® III

exp/hour ranking of areas + best exp route(s)

fantastic thread. thanks
Reply Quote
i also agree with another poster. nubtro, can you kindly please label some of the columns?
Edited by Lannister#1933 on 5/15/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Lannister
i also agree with another poster. nubtro, can you kindly please label some of the columns?

The table has labels
exp/hour - exp/kill - kills/min - ACT 2 area
112,097,066 3330 91.97 Western & Eastern Channel
110,900,183 3828 79.17 The Storm Halls
109,485,687 3759 79.58 The Forgotten Ruins

and the gathered data does as well, like this:

monster - base exp (1.0.7) - base exp (1.0.8) - stayed the same or changed to %
and
experience - lifetime kills - rares/champs - exp gain - lifetime kills gain - time(minutes) - base exp per area - kills/minute
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Nubtro

The table has labels
exp/hour - exp/kill - kills/min - ACT 2 area
112,097,066 3330 91.97 Western & Eastern Channel
110,900,183 3828 79.17 The Storm Halls
109,485,687 3759 79.58 The Forgotten Ruins

and the gathered data does as well, like this:

monster - base exp (1.0.7) - base exp (1.0.8) - stayed the same or changed to %
and
experience - lifetime kills - rares/champs - exp gain - lifetime kills gain - time(minutes) - base exp per area - kills/minute

gotcha. one question on the logistics of run #2. since the forgetten ruins are located within the oasis, if you happen to stumble upon the ruins when you're clearing out the oasis map, is it more timely to enter the ruins then come back later and clear out oasis? or just clear oasis then enter ruins
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Lannister
one question on the logistics of run #2. since the forgetten ruins are located within the oasis, if you happen to stumble upon the ruins when you're clearing out the oasis map, is it more timely to enter the ruins then come back later and clear out oasis? or just clear oasis then enter ruins

Of course enter the Ruins as soon as you find them. Maybe I should be more clear about the run and add a description.

The Ruins are my favourite area because you´ll have no trouble keeping up WotB there during the whole clear as it´s basically a circle (similar to VotA but smaller with less platforms and of course more dense). You´ll see when you run it a couple of times. You always leave the area from where you started and then continue in the Oasis.

As for the Oasis itself, you should always start from the first waypoint (Path) in the lower left corner and work yourself up from there. I clear the lower part, then go up and on the left side of the map, make a circle around the first big part and then finish the map in the upper left corner where the entrance to the Channels is. It´s even possible to keep up WotB throughout the whole Oasis->Ruins->Channels part, which is crazy.

I´ve listed Channels last in the shorter version of the runs because they have many dead ends and there´s no waypoint so you´ll have to TP out. Afterwards, if you feel like it, you may do Desolate Sands and even the Aqueducts.
Reply Quote
nice thread once again... will try act 2 [forgotten ruins] tonight.

got a clarification though since after the patch 1.08 I've only tried act 1. so basically, the act 3 is the same as before [1.07] there's no added monster density?

any notes on act 4? heard that hell rift density are good.

thanks for the share, I appreciate your hard work on this. :)
Reply Quote
Do most of these areas have mob with relatively same drop% that it doesn't matter if you're there for the drops? So I'm still going to assume that the areas with highest experience/hour yield the most mobs, thus most drops then, unless some places are just known for the better experience but much lower drop%.
Reply Quote
The thing I'm curious about is whether its really worth it to specifically run the lower XP zones to get the 5 stacks a la Alkaizer style or to just go through the super high density zones themselves and get your stacks there a la AC2 KD2 Rakkis/Skyhigh/Raoha Route.

The alternative way would then be Storm halls --> Unknown Depths --> Oasis -->Forgotten Ruins --> Channels --> Desolate Sands

Changing the order of either the Archive of Kulle maps/Oasis Maps or Desolate Sands based off of their elite density and the ease of killability of those elites. Desolate Sand and Depths may get cut out depending on how long it takes to get the 5 stacks, the longer it takes the more zones you should be running.

Kinda wish you have information about elites per hour for each zone. You have your minutes/run by calculating your exp/hr and exp in the zone; but its pretty hard to simulate a run on paper without the elites/hr statistic. That was why I ended up gathering the data the way I did.

Wish I could do some testing today but I'm going to pretty busy from the next 30 min onward.
Reply Quote
Amazing work, I applaud your effort.

Second poster is an idiot.
Edited by Rifter#1370 on 5/15/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Chazhang
Kinda wish you have information about elites per hour for each zone. You have your minutes/run by calculating your exp/hr and exp in the zone; but its pretty hard to simulate a run on paper without the elites/hr statistic. That was why I ended up gathering the data the way I did.

Second this...

For a lot of paragon 100s it's more about where the bang for the buck lies with elite maximization.

I will say though...Nubtro and Chazhang make this diablo science so GANGSTA!

Thanks for all of the knowledge homies...
Reply Quote
@Pri: If you only care about elites, VotA is still there and they didn´t touch it.

BCM 11-12-11-12-01-11-11-02-01
HP 13-03-14-12
Sewers 10-01
Cistern 11-11
Alcarnus 11-01
Oasis 04-12-22-24-14-23
Sands 15-12-13-12-14
Depths 12-12
Halls 12-11-11-12-21-11

First value is rare, second is champ. That´s all I have for elites. That being said, it would be really helpful if other people kept track of how many elites they faced in each area. It only takes like 3 seconds if you utilize the "engaged an elite" function in the chat.

I mean if 10 people each ran one of the top areas 5 times, we´d have more than enough data to get an average pack/area estimate.

Btw., anyone knows why this sometimes displays engaged a white monster?

I´ve also thought about just running straight Halls-Oasis-Ruins-Channels or start from the Depths (to utilize the checkpoint) which I did in my last run (forgive me for actually doing some runs and not gathering data like I did for a week with like 0 elite kills heh). In my opinion, the multiplicative NV bonus is too hard to pass up.

I´m beginning to dislike the too clumpy spawning of Unknown Depths - it´s way too easy to lose WotB in there. Maybe it´s best to skip it altogether. Halls have a similar problem at times but the exp/hour gain is too good to pass up.

The only areas I consider very good at this point are Oasis and Ruins. With the recent patch fix
•Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance

even the Channels become difficult for Wotb with their dead ends...

Anyway, without a Ruby in helm or additional exp bonus on gear I was hitting 159 million per hour. Now with the anniversary 25% bonus the exp gain is ridiculous. I´m going to switch to a 31% Ruby, 6% crit Hellfire instead of SoJ for trash and Hellfire+Leoric´s on my Scoundrel...which should give me a (510%+78.8) * 2 = +1177.6% exp bonus with 5 stacks, so 12.776 times base experience which translates to 1 million exp for each 24 Skeleton or 18 Writhing Deceiver kills ._.
This way, my second Barb will get to 100 before I can finish gathering data...at this point I feel like we´ll need paragon 200 very soon. Or something like 1/500 of the experience as gold at paragon 100.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 5/15/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oasis 04-12-22-24-14-23

Thanks...I needed lottery numbers for tonight!

05/15/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Nubtro

I noticed this as well...I assumed it was when I was in group play and was outside of specific proximity of my group. Which might make sense just in case i get overwhelmed by white monsters...unsure why it would come up in single play.
Reply Quote

I think its bugs out sometimes on Rare packs if the white mob version of it is nearby or it somehow the rare mob is hidden (like for deceivers).

even the Channels become difficult for Wotb with their dead ends...

I was going to mention this. I tried doing a run through most of act 2 and found channels very annoying to do now. Lost WotB about 45 sec in after hitting a deadend and having to backtrack 15 sec,

´ve also thought about just running straight Halls-Oasis-Ruins-Channels or start from the Depths (to utilize the checkpoint) which I did in my last run (forgive me for actually doing some runs and not gathering data like I did for a week with like 0 elite kills heh). In my opinion, the multiplicative NV bonus is too hard to pass up.

Yea, in my head it seems like the multiplicative bonus is just so enormous it wouldn't work, but I feel bad dismissing the prospect without some empirical evidence.

I'm actually more of a translational research person. Not too crazy about the basic stuff although I understand and value its importance. Pretty happy that my work has moved from the basic research over to translational stuff. So I totally understand the desire to do actual runs hehe.
Reply Quote
Anyway, without a Ruby in helm or additional exp bonus on gear I was hitting 159 million per hour. Now with the anniversary 25% bonus the exp gain is ridiculous. I´m going to switch to a 31% Ruby, 6% crit Hellfire instead of SoJ for trash and Hellfire+Leoric´s on my Scoundrel...which should give me a (510%+78.8) * 2 = +1177.6% exp bonus with 5 stacks, so 12.776 times base experience which translates to 1 million exp for each 24 Skeleton or 18 Writhing Deceiver kills ._.

UHORCAS (Unknown-Halls-Oasis-Ruins-Channels-Aqueducts-Sands)
37,378,296/203,760,000-2,572,732-19:04:45->19:11:15 (5 stacks)
170,423,372/203,760,000-2,575,378-19:46:00-(11rares12champions3goblins)
+133,045,076 exp / +2646 lifetime kills / 41.25 minutes

I was lucky to get 5 stacks in the Halls but it doesn ´t change the fact that 193.5 million exp/hour is quite insane.
Reply Quote
Can't believe the work you put into this Nubtro absolutely amazing.
Reply Quote
With the new density I was able to go from 69 to 80 playing basically, WH + fields and Cemetery/Leoric Manor/Festering Woods for NV stacks. This in mp8 without a H.F. ring. If act 2's better then that I'll be 100 before the xp buff from D1 annivesary wears off.

Great work on the compiling of data Nubtro. Shouldn't this thread be linked to the sticky one Koala.

Btw, I'll be doing some runs on act II today Nubtro. What path do you want me to record the elite density?
Reply Quote
Hmmm... Still a bit sad how far off it is from the 270ish M/hr I got on the PTR with the unnerfed (except weeping hollow) Act 1. Mind you that was zone without the 25% anniversary bonus.

Do you have any data on the randomly spawned dungeons in the static zones?

Oasis - Ancient cave, Flooded Cave, Mysterious Cave
Desolate Sands - Cave of Burrowing Horror, Vile Cavern

Also when you did the UHORCAS did you go through the waterlogged passage to the aquaducts or go backwards through the ancient path? If you went with the former did you go from the ancient path directly to the desolate sands?
Reply Quote
Could someone please put a leash on this guy...

I think the nerds have escaped from the zoo again!

Shut the !@#$ up *annoyed face*. >: \

Nerds need to rule this world. Jail all the idiots.
Reply Quote
Could someone please put a leash on this guy...

I think the nerds have escaped from the zoo again!

Shut the !@#$ up *annoyed face*. >: \

Nerds need to rule this world. Jail all the idiots.

He was being sarcastic..... =P
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Ravlaor
He was being sarcastic..... =P

LOL...i totally was...I was just wondering when someone was going to come in here thinking I was being real there...

Without these guys, a lot of us would be running around just killing in random areas.

These guys are crucial to the community...

It's just fun giving Nubtro a hard time...

...that being said...you should really consider changing your tag to NOOBtro...has a nice ring to it. ;P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]