Diablo® III

exp/hour ranking of areas + best exp route(s)

Thanks Nubtro for the great work. (Aside: Confused if it was huanAK or you that is the original founder of this data that eventually got posted front page??)

Very noob question if I may, does your suggested best EXP routes depend on MP level?

In huanAK thread, he seems to suggest the routes must be done with MP10 to get maximum EXP, but his results are based on MP1 runs??

What is the optimal MP level to try these suggested routes at? Basically just trial and error?

some quick help??

It's gear dependent.

lol ok that was quick i suppose :P

a little bit more explanation would be good though...
Reply Quote
The relative increase in monster health is greater than the relative increase in monster experience between MP levels. Bonus experience from items and follower further diminishes the relative change in experience. Without proper damage an increase in MP level will be less efficient.

Monster damage increases with MP level. Without proper survivability an increase in MP will be less efficient.
Reply Quote
Here´s some more in-depth data from the certain A2 areas. Unfortunately I haven´t found the time nor motivation to complete it. I don´t like posting incomplete stuff but whatever.

The monster type is interesting if you want to use a Tyrael´s Might and/or Sever in certain areas filled with demons to maximize clear times.
-----------------------------------------------
DESOLATE SANDS
MONSTER EXP HEALTH TYPE
Sand Dweller 11250 beast
Lacuni Slasher 6750
Lacuni Stalker 4500
Desert Hornet 4500 beast
Vile Swarm 4500 2.3-3.0 beast
Desert Raptor 4500
Dust Eater 4500 undead
Dust Shambler 3375 undead
Dessicated Imp 3600 demon
Accursed 1800 undead
DAHLGUR OASIS
MONSTER EXP HEALTH TYPE
Fallen Master 5625 7.7-9.9 demon
Fallen Conjurer 5625 2.7-4.9 demon
Serpent Magus 4950 2.5-3.5 demon
Writhing Deceiver 4500 2.6-4.9 demon
Dune Dervish 4500 5.7-7.0 undead
Gore Harrier 4500 2.6-3.9 beast
Bone Warrior 4500 1.9-2.3 undead
Fallen Peon 2250 1.0-1.6 demon
THE FORGOTTEN RUINS
MONSTER EXP HEALTH TYPE
Guardian Tower 5625 1.2 n/a
Spine Hewer 4500 4.1-4.3 undead
Bone Warrior 4500 1.9-2.6 undead
Dessicated Imp 3600 1.2-2.1 demon
Skeletal Sentry 3375 1.9-2.6 undead
Blazing Guardian 3000 1.3-2.2 undead
Shock Guardian 3000 1.3-2.2 undead
Venom. Spiderling 0 beast
Shock Spiderling 0 beast
WESTERN CHANNEL
MONSTER EXP HEALTH TYPE
Spellwinder 4950 demon
Copperfang Lurker 4500 demon
Vile Swarm 4500 2.3-3.0 beast
Electric Eel 3375 beast
Fallen Peon 2250 demon
Accursed 1800 undead
EASTERN CHANNEL
MONSTER EXP HEALTH TYPE
Skeletal Warrior 4500 undead
Skeletal Raider 3375 undead
Skeletal Bowmaster3375 undead
Noxious Guardian 3000 undead
Fallen Peon 2250 demon
Accursed 1800 undead
--
Blood Nest beast
Spellwinder 4950 demon
Copperfang Lurker 4500 demon
Savage Flyer beast
Desert Hornet 4500 beast
Murderous Fiend undead
Electric Eel 3375 beast
Writhing Deceiver 4500 demon
Vile Swarm 4500 beast
Doom Viper 4500 demon
Scaled Magus 4950 demon
THE STORM HALLS
Rock Giant 11250 beast
Guardian Tower 5625 n/a
Fallen Commander 5625 demon
Fallen Magus 5625 demon
Fallen Fighter 2250 demon
Fallen Mutt demon
Demented Fallen demon
Dessicated Imp 3600 1.2-2.1 demon
Savage Flyer beast
Charged Construct 3000 undead
Chilling Construct 3000 undead
Arcane Contruct 3000 undead
Reply Quote
it's so annoying how great posts like this just get trashed... i had to google to find this post... this !@#$ should be stickied...
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Plowplowplow
it's so annoying how great posts like this just get trashed... i had to google to find this post... this !@#$ should be stickied...

There's a link to this post on the sticky guide that Koala's keeping. There are also other great theorycrafting posts. They're all in the "Nubtro's Game Mechanics" or something like that.
Reply Quote
Curious about the exp for Halls of Agony 2, mob density is very low even for mp1 and to give that much amount per minute.
Reply Quote
[b]

Additional areas:
5. The Storm Halls (#2) -> the best optional area to finish your run but due to its random nature (layout and monster spawns), you may hit a jackpot or get roughly the exp of Oasis.

Important note: To keep the VotA checkpoint, stick to the lower part of the way to the Halls. If you try to go upwards into The Unknown Depths, you´ll lose the VotA checkpoint.

As soon as I enter the terminus I get a checkpoint, there is no avoiding it. Has this been patched?
Reply Quote
Nope it hasn´t, well at least here on EU (just checked). Just stick to the lower/right path that leads to the Storm Halls. If you go up around the entrance to where you battle Khulle, then you´d get the checkpoint.

To get the VotA checkpoint I play the quest The Black Soulstone -> The Soulstone Chamber and find it in the Desolate Sands.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 8/8/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hello,
Thanks for great work. I couldnt understood where is those left and right channels?
thanks
Reply Quote
hello,
Thanks for great work. I couldnt understood where is those left and right channels?
thanks

It's the dungeon at the top right of Dahlgur oasis. Avoid the centre channel, it doesn't have the best density, and clear out the left and right channels. If you start from the left channel you'll get a checkpoint when you enter.

Also, there are two versions of each of the channels. If you get the version full of skeletons, then you're in luck as this variation gives a lot more XP than the ones with normal monsters.
Reply Quote
Are you guys skipping the monsters in Desolate sands en route to VotA, not "full clearing" VotA and just using it for 5 stacks then moving on to the Oasis-Ruins-Channels?
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Kain
Are you guys skipping the monsters in Desolate sands en route to VotA, not "full clearing" VotA and just using it for 5 stacks then moving on to the Oasis-Ruins-Channels?

The point is to get the VotA checkpoint and in your next game the portal in town leads right to VotA. So yeah, first time you go back to Act 2, choose the last quest before Zoltun Kulle (quest 8 - The Black Soulstone -> Soulstone Chamber) and just go find Vault of the Assassin for the checkpoint.

If you also run Storm Halls (the bottom dungeon in Kulle´s archives) stick to the path leading straight to it. If you go around the circle (entrance to where you fight Kulle) from the upper side, you´ll get a new checkpoint and lose the VotA one.

As for the question whether to use VotA for just 5 stacks or clear the whole thing, it depends on what you farm. If you farm demonic essences, you only run VotA, if you focus solely on experience you just get the 5 stacks there and leave after that to farm the areas with a big trash monster density. From an experience point of view, killing elites after you already have 5 stacks will lower your exp/hour gain.
Reply Quote
I'm definitely considering making another Barbarian to paragon level. so it sounds like act 2 run listed is the best place to be and on mp10. Do you use hell fire or Leoric's? I'm guessing not since they hurt your ehp and dps too much. And on MP10 you're already going to be getting a ton of experience anyways.

I'm thinking I would probably use WW/Hota hybrid since I want to kill elites for DE while paragon leveling.
Reply Quote
@darkinsanity

I think the results will vary depending on build and gear. Personally I find Act 1 more effective for me atm, what's important is that you track your individual results to find out what is optimal for you.

I do notice an increase in XP/hour with a hellfire ring, even though I lose DPS with that setup. It should at least have some useful stats though.

For act 2 runs, there may be some zones like ruins and channels where you can swap to a Leoric's ring because those monsters are weaker.

For XP grinding, WW/hota is probably a lot weaker than WW/rend. Could be interesting to see what kind of numbers are possible though.
Reply Quote
@darkinsanity

I think the results will vary depending on build and gear. Personally I find Act 1 more effective for me atm, what's important is that you track your individual results to find out what is optimal for you.

I do notice an increase in XP/hour with a hellfire ring, even though I lose DPS with that setup. It should at least have some useful stats though.

For act 2 runs, there may be some zones like ruins and channels where you can swap to a Leoric's ring because those monsters are weaker.

For XP grinding, WW/hota is probably a lot weaker than WW/rend. Could be interesting to see what kind of numbers are possible though.

I want to be able to kill elites as quickly as possible so I can get DE while farming, but I do see how Rend would be really useful. I underestimate the damage that whirl winding can do sort of too. Enemies actually go down pretty quickly with the SoJ and high dps, and then rend to top it off. I'll have to try out both ways. Gotta get another Barb to 60 though.
Reply Quote
Hey zylog what kind of numbers do you currently get in Act 1 when it shows more gain that Act 2 and which areas do you run in A1?

I picked up exp farming again with my 4th Barb that I made yesterday ;)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/hero/30382844
and here are my VSORCS runs from today:
+102,022,285/31min +197.5m/hour
+95,883,576/30min +191.8m/hour
+104,646,967/32min +196.2m/hour

Staying to deal with quite some elites on the way so my runs are suboptimal so far plus I´m even glassier than when I run VotA heh and Vile Swarms are instakilling me when I go into the middle of them to try to Rend, so instead I have to whirl at their edge and Rend there lol.

I´m going to test different setups in the following days (already tried a few) but I´m mostly suffering from low max life. I should probably switch my amulet hmm.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you guys over on the US server tried a party of two Barbs rendrunning and if yes, what exp/hour gains you managed.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 8/25/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, 197.5 mil/hr? I'm on MP6 thinking about stepping it up to 7 and skipping elites. I'm probably at 25 mil/hr right now.
Reply Quote
08/25/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Nubtro
Anyway, I wanted to ask if you guys over on the US server tried a party of two Barbs rendrunning and if yes, what exp/hour gains you managed.

Yesterday I finally started up my party XP farming barb (ParagnPoints is for party, ParagonPoint is solo only) and did some V-DORCS (short for virtual dorks = nubtro) runs in a party with 2 CMs and a monk. Right off the bat even with serpents in the west and fiends in the east we were able to hit 303 and 305/hr which in retrospect is pretty bad..

I really wanna see how far we can push this, but the thing is that I think we'd need more well geared skorn barbs that know how to run the route VERY well.

So far my best solo run so far has been 403/hr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgYn4sNwTI) which is much higher than my mean run; however, in order to break 500/hr which is my next goal I think you'd need 4 WW/Rend barbs of equal gear level to my barb and run through the map as 2 independent groups of 2 within XP leech range with each one being able to rend enough to deal 125% of the base HP mob in damage.

Even IF you had the barbs geared enough to do this, coordinating the players to play perfectly is something that's going to take a lot of time and effort that most people aren't willing to put in. So far I have Kev starting his training regimen to get faster. Cdx has also started but he's really only been able to peak at ~300/hr despite having better gear since he normally watches TV while farming and isn't really interested in going tryhard. Maybe we can try to convince Runson to go tryhard for this...
Reply Quote
@nubtro

Yeah personally my highest is only 215 mil/h on a double skeleton spawn VORCIS, which is well below Chaz's 300+ numbers. Hopefully it can be improved as I become more familiar with the route.

The thing is, at the moment I can get the same kind of numbers (or maybe higher) by doing my current act 1 run which is CotA - FoM. I feel that for act 1 runs, the time spent wandering around looking for and fighting 5 elites, perhaps even going to Leoric's manor is not really worth it for me (of course everything is dependent on gear and build). CotA is a guaranteed elite surrounded by trash, then I go straight to FoM which I'm quite familiar with now. Also, act 1 has much easier mob types than act 2, so survivability is much easier.

I'm rather curious about whether it would be practical to make a farm run where a team clears cota very quickly, then in FoM they spread out to pull 4 large trains of trash mobs together into one huge pile of trash, then reset the game after that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]