Diablo® III

exp/hour ranking of areas + best exp route(s)

View profile
I GET OVER NYAN-THOUSAND R U JELLY?!
Reply Quote
So far my best solo run so far has been 403/hr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgYn4sNwTI) which is much higher than my mean run; however, in order to break 500/hr which is my next goal I think you'd need 4 WW/Rend barbs of equal gear level to my barb and run through the map as 2 independent groups of 2 within XP leech range with each one being able to rend enough to deal 125% of the base HP mob in damage.

Even IF you had the barbs geared enough to do this, coordinating the players to play perfectly is something that's going to take a lot of time and effort that most people aren't willing to put in. So far I have Kev starting his training regimen to get faster. Cdx has also started but he's really only been able to peak at ~300/hr despite having better gear since he normally watches TV while farming and isn't really interested in going tryhard. Maybe we can try to convince Runson to go tryhard for this...

LOL no wonder about that run you got an Enlightment shrine followed by a Fleeting shrine and finished with a Frenzy shrine while getting zombies in sands and double skellies in channels hahaha.

Btw. it was cool to see one of your gear swaps to be Nat´s helm+boots ;)

I´d say we really don´t need "support" from other classes for exp farming but I guess finding Barbs at your gear level doing freaky efficient things isn´t as easy :p

My idea was both Barbs running Wrenching Smash and alternating from pack to pack but OPKS would have to go, which isn´t ideal because we rely on Rend crits a lot.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 8/26/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Incredible guide!
Reply Quote
View profile
Do you guys find Act 2 better than 1? I always thought the best xp was Woods, FoM, Hollow, but I certainly wouldn't mind giving this run a try.
Reply Quote
Gunners it´s quite subjective.

Act 1 is easier to handle for most players which might be the reason they get comparable or even better results. The best way is to keep track of your exp gain in your usual run that takes x minutes on average and then do some runs in the other act. Also, mixing it up makes the repetitive process a bit less tedious.

But both acts should now always outperform Act 3, by quite a margin actually.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 8/28/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Gunners it´s quite subjective.

Act 1 is easier to handle for most players which might be the reason they get comparable or even better results. The best way is to keep track of your exp gain in your usual run that takes x minutes on average and then do some runs in the other act. Also, mixing it up makes the repetitive process a bit less tedious.

But both acts should now always outperform Act 3, by quite a margin actually.

Ya variation is key. Wish Act 3 wasn't so bad now, although I still get bored just thinking of that run. Maybe in another few months I'll want to run there again.
Reply Quote
thanks for confirming my suspicions about Act 2 Nubtro...been running those areas for a while now and ganking the warden in the process! Great guide! Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
View profile
The act 2 route that I run is similar to this

i start in Vota...get 5 stacks. I don't clear everything just run through it

so:

Vota -> Oasis -> Ruins -> East/West Channels

I don't do Desolate Sands because its a rather big area and I find myself running alot in empty spaces and until last night, I never ran Storm Halls but I did at the recommendation of this thread. It seems ok
Reply Quote
Alright I"m about to start doing this run and trying to get things rolling. Is there specific gear I need to switch out? I saw what chaz was doing, seems crazy. Do I absolutely need to run with a Skorn? Not a big fan of Skorn, also I hate Hellfire rings because they just suck but in this case I do have a 5% crit one which I guess is the most important thing.

I'd be happy with 190 mil plus per hour, and I suspect the reasons Chaz's numbers are so big is the way he approaches it.
Reply Quote
@ Darkinsanity

Well, the skorn makes a big difference in the rend damage. Just looking at the base damage of your axe, it is 926, whereas a good skorn will have 1400+, so when you translate that into rend damage there will be considerably more mobs you can one-shot with a single rend off the skorn.

There are some zones where dual wield may be feasible, the places where it's skeleton mobs as they die faster. These places are Forgotten Ruins, Channels and Storm Halls, but you have to pay attention to which spawn type you get in the latter two. In team games we throttle our damage back with dual wield here to make it easier for all the barbs to permawrath, and Chaz takes it further by swapping in a Leoric's ring for more XP, and a Nat's set to compensate for the crit loss.

Of course, you might as well try it out. I have no idea what kind of XP/hour numbers are achievable with a dual wield setup.
Reply Quote
View profile
This act 2 route is a significantly better way to go.

The problem with running your typical act 1 route is that you waste a lot of time at the beginning getting 5 stacks. Festering and sometimes Leorics just isn't the best option but seems like the only option. Some people just get 3-4 stacks in festering and then run fields of misery not fully 5 nv'ed which is wasting XP. Then they do the run over again...wasting a lot of time in Festering again.

where as, here, you run vota at the beginning to get 5 stacks...then you have a very long run through oasis, ruins, channels, storm halls while under 5 stacks which minimizes the impact of the time wasted in vota
Reply Quote
@ Darkinsanity

Well, the skorn makes a big difference in the rend damage. Just looking at the base damage of your axe, it is 926, whereas a good skorn will have 1400+, so when you translate that into rend damage there will be considerably more mobs you can one-shot with a single rend off the skorn.

There are some zones where dual wield may be feasible, the places where it's skeleton mobs as they die faster. These places are Forgotten Ruins, Channels and Storm Halls, but you have to pay attention to which spawn type you get in the latter two. In team games we throttle our damage back with dual wield here to make it easier for all the barbs to permawrath, and Chaz takes it further by swapping in a Leoric's ring for more XP, and a Nat's set to compensate for the crit loss.

Of course, you might as well try it out. I have no idea what kind of XP/hour numbers are achievable with a dual wield setup.

I'm pretty obsessive about efficiency, so I should probably suck it up and get a Skorn and start doing those runs haha. Though as far as using a Leoric's signet, not sure if I can manage that one. My ehp would take a huge hit without my ring and Mempo...though I guess if you're skipping elites it's not too important. Hmm
Edited by Darkinsanity#1468 on 8/30/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well this is going to take some getting used to with this gear...I see why Chaz switches out to that mighty weapon when running between elites in the vault. Skorn sucks when it comes to getting fury because it's so damn slow.
Reply Quote
For the people running A2 routes with VoA, etc etc. which quest do you select?
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 11:21 AMPosted by timoseewho

The Scouring of Caldeum. I feel like I'm taking too long on these runs. I'm at just a little over 20 minutes on the, which I guess isn't the worst as long as I'm getting good exp per hour but to get to the best numbers I probably need to be 15 minutes or less.
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Darkinsanity

The Scouring of Caldeum. I feel like I'm taking too long on these runs. I'm at just a little over 20 minutes on the, which I guess isn't the worst as long as I'm getting good exp per hour but to get to the best numbers I probably need to be 15 minutes or less.

Reply Quote
05/18/2013 08:05 AMPosted by mavericK
Great info Nubtro! You guys are all talking in terms of essences and XP but what about us legendary farmers!?!?! It's a lost art these days... Anyways, what's everyone's opinion on farming areas that are slightly worse than KD2 in monsters/min? Keep in mind that these are MP10 runs farming white mobs only for highest legs/hour.

Awesome info and I'm glad to still see this thread is still going. Any updates on optimal areas for legendaries/hour?
Edited by mavericK#1718 on 8/31/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 01:18 PMPosted by mavericK
Great info Nubtro! You guys are all talking in terms of essences and XP but what about us legendary farmers!?!?! It's a lost art these days... Anyways, what's everyone's opinion on farming areas that are slightly worse than KD2 in monsters/min? Keep in mind that these are MP10 runs farming white mobs only for highest legs/hour.

Awesome info and I'm glad to still see this thread is still going. Any updates on optimal areas for legendaries/hour?

For legendaries just grind Fields of Misery repeatedly with WW/Rend at 0 stacks. For xp you can probably get 170-200 mil/h while doing this too.

Take a look here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309300922
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Darkinsanity

Quest 8: The Black Soulstone - Soulstone Chamber

I just checked and for some reason even Quest 9: The Scouring of Caldeum gives you a VotA checkpoint that you keep hmm...
I feel like I'm taking too long on these runs. I'm at just a little over 20 minutes on the, which I guess isn't the worst as long as I'm getting good exp per hour but to get to the best numbers I probably need to be 15 minutes or less.

The last time I ran VSORC on MP10 it took me 28-30 minutes in which I got 96-102m exp which translates to roughly 190-200m exp/hour.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]