Diablo® III

is 200k unbuffed with 500mil budget possible?

I'm trying to get to 200k unbuffed (yes with the SoJ) but I'm browsing around AH and don't see many upgrades. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts... should I blow my budget on a CC mempo? get a better EF with CD/socket? farm and craft a thousand amulets? try to find a better offhand? any thoughts would be great, thanks.
Reply Quote
with 200m you can have 200k dps monk already. just need to have luck in crafting
Edited by Karma#6324 on 5/15/2013 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would suggest crafting an amulet because getting near that 100% CD will make a huge difference.

As far as the Mempho with Crit, I'd recommend trying an Andarials Visage 1st. It can be very close to the Mempho in terms of DPS unless the Mempho has 6% crit. It's just that the mempho is so much better defensively.

I don't think a better EF would be worth the money either but adding near another 100% CD would make a big difference too.
Edited by Deadzors#1394 on 5/15/2013 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
An expensive Mempo will definitely boost your DPS then get an amulet with increased CD.

Then get another weapon with 1k dps.

Or maybe aim for this guy lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chronus-1678/hero/22200941
Reply Quote
I think a bunch of small things can get your dps over 200k but buying a CC mempo would not be on my list. (the 4 part set bonuses are too valuable for 10k increase in dps at most) You could get a big dps push by upgrading dex closer to 200 for just the inna chest & pants. But most of your dps will come with augmentation of CD and IAS.

Based on your preference for vit stack, I would push for higher life steal and dps push with a new EF, but that would be my preference. Then I would upgrade my offhand weapon for higher base damage and modifiers.

I kind of follow this guy if any

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dawgiestyle-1127/OneShot/4106363
Edited by RandomArrows#1209 on 5/15/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it is possible. I've spent less than 200 million total on both dps and MF gear for my wizzie. And I don't do CM, I don't do Archon, in fact I don't really have a build...it's just blast the monsters dead before they kill me. Currently I have the MF gear on and I'm at 160-ish. With dps I'm at 210-ish. I'm getting to that point where it's getting hard to find a dps upgrade that's not crazy expensive, but I'm cheap.
Reply Quote
I'd start with Inna's favor (belt). We have around the same dps on monks. I tried out a Witching Hour to compare it to Inna's belt & my average hits were around the same & all the spirit I save with the 4 set bonus for Sweeping Wind helps in other areas.

I'd swap the WOL//EW for BF/FOL. (depends on how you play though) I do a lot more damage with Blinding Flash per hit running with other skills, than Wave of Light.

Yep you need an Amulet with CD & you could do with a better OH weapon. I wouldn't bother trying to upgrade your EF unless you want your 500M to blow out to 5B+. But if you want to waste cash, then go for it.
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 06:51 AMPosted by koichee
should I blow my budget on a CC mempo?

No.

Mempo's should be one of your last upgrades to a character.
If you check out their stat difference to most 6cc helm's you'll notice a very minor DPS jump in relation to the cost.

I can't chime in on the 200k unbuffed topic beyond that though as I've never tried it it out personally.
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Blade
I'd swap the WOL//EW for BF/FOL. (depends on how you play though) I do a lot more damage with Blinding Flash per hit running with other skills, than Wave of Light.

he's talking about topping 200k unbuffed.

Anyway here are my suggestions OP;

• Echoing Fury with native Crit

• 1k+ dps OH with CD/OS/DEX

• Upgrade your WH to one with more dex (don't get an Inna's)

• Upgrading your Emeralds to Radiant Stars will give you +2727.62 base dps

• Replace Topaz in your Helm with an Amethyst, you're a high enough para to not have to worry about MF on gear. The new multiplayer bonuses also make it obsolete unless you are farming solo.

• Obviously a CC Mempo as well but that will be extremely expensive

• I took the liberty in updating your diabloprogress profile :P
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/koichee-1436/koichee/5001730

Also loaded you on D3Up for small stat change comparisons (I'd use that for now as there are reports some AH tooltips are bugged)

Have a look at my monk as ours are very similar! Good luck upgrading. :)
    Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 5/15/2013 7:58 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    No.

Mempo's should be one of your last upgrades to a character.
    If you check out their stat difference to most 6cc helm's you'll notice a very minor DPS jump in relation to the cost.

Although I agree the Mempo is the last thing you should look at, the attack speed on it gives your dps quite a boost that I wouldn't consider minor.

Just checked with d3Up and wearing my exact 5cc Mempo would give you;
    +8,378.17
    DPS Change
    +79,022.43
    EHP Change

And that would multiply to be greater with higher cd/dex.
    Reply Quote
    05/15/2013 07:54 AMPosted by DamienJohn

• Replace Topaz in your Helm with an Amethyst, you're a high enough para to not have to worry about MF on gear. The new multiplayer bonuses also make it obsolete unless you are farming solo.

Also loaded you on D3Up for small stat change comparisons (I'd use that for now as there are reports some AH tooltips are bugged)

LOL Well there's anything from 5B - 100B. Not much more than your 500M.
    Reply Quote
    Although I agree the Mempo is the last thing you should look at, the attack speed on it gives your dps quite a boost that I wouldn't consider minor.

Just checked with d3Up and wearing my exact 5cc Mempo would give you;
    +8,378.17
    DPS Change
    +79,022.43
    EHP Change

And that would multiply to be greater with higher cd/dex.

Fair enough.
    I admit I've never looked into EHP stats even though I know AIS benefits it.
    My focus was more on the mere 8-9k dps boost.
    Reply Quote
    ias, cc, cd, main stat and all rely on eachother and at higher values will increase dps multiplicatively. That's why the gaps between the top 10 World DPS monks is bigger than the gap between 100-400.

For example just checked if I was to 'downgrade' so to speak to OP's Inna's;
    DPS Change
    EHP Change

LOL Well there's anything from 5B - 100B. Not much more than your 500M.

Good point, I wasn't really taking that into account. Regardless, if you plan on improving your monk beyond 200k as opposed to just reaching 200k, you'd want to go for one of the upgrades I listed. Might cost all of your 500 mil and might not even let you hit 200k, but in the long run you will be saving money. No point in spending 500 mil on 4 different pieces of gear with small upgrades when you are just going to have to upgrade each piece again when the time comes. Might as well go all in and start with a big one, 500 mil is enough for that.

I'd recommend the Off-hand first.
    Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 5/15/2013 8:37 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Just get an Andariel's Visage helm with low fire dam taken 9IAS and either go for high DEX (250 min) or a socket - if U wanna add more HP to your set up....and gear around poison resist (with OwE)...it will save you a LOT of gold and you'll be doing a lot of DPS...I ran that for a while until I can afford a CC Mempo...and a CC Mempo should be your last upgrade (well maybe Marquee gems someday but u get the point)
    Reply Quote
    cool, thanks for all your replies,

compared to other high dps monks i look at, it seems like my dex is low, vit is too high (a lot of it because i haven't been able to get %life on much gear to balance out the vit).

based on comments above it seems like CD/%life on amulet looks like it's going to be a priority followed up closely with a higher dmg off hand. i'll definitely consider andariel's over mempo

i'm always checking AH a lot, and especially after 1.08 patch released, it seems like any 10k dps upgrade to my amulet always seems to be 1bil+... i've already rolled 400+ crafts of dex/vit amulets and the one i have right now is the best i got. i guess i just have to keep being patient...
    Reply Quote
    Looking over the post, it looks like the answer to your questions is:

NO, because the one main weapon will cost you more than 500 mil. end of story, then factor in the rmah dupe on items and availability on GAH.

Your unbuff dps is ~150k ish and the hardest climb is the final 10k, not the last 50k.
    Edited by RandomArrows#1209 on 5/15/2013 10:14 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    yeah that's sort of what i figured. 500mil doesn't go very far nowadays... i wish i had spent the gold before patch/gold dupe... since i was away the couple days the patch/duping/gem selling went down i feel like i've lost a lot of ground in terms of money. all the high end upgrades have gone from hundreds of mil to bils....

at the end of the day 200k is an arbitrary number... as with everyone else in this game i'm just trying to improve my char in the most effective way possible... so the real question is how far will 500mil get me in terms of big upgrades. I like DamienJohn's philosophy of going for one big upgrade over 4 small upgrades, but in today's market 500mil still seems far from BiS...

PS. I meant to post this in monk forums... don't know how it ended up in items forum. not sure if a mod will see this to help me move it.
    Edited by koichee#1436 on 5/15/2013 11:01 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    The link above from character CHRONUS#1678 should not be used as a model unless you're goal is to be a liar and a thief. He stole my EF and is still using it.

CHRONUS#1678 is a SCAMMER
    Edited by etothex#1622 on 7/27/2013 11:26 AM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]