Diablo® III

BoA+BoE Top tier items?

Yes or no. This is a matter of opinion, so state it. If you have been reading up on the forums, as I have; you will have noticed the idea of Bind on Account top tier items. The reason for this, is because the auction house has said to automatically devalue most items you find. Top tier items end up at astronomically high prices, while everything else, well, just turns to dirt really. This is speculation, as most people are not economists, or psychologists for that matter. Droth had an interesting thread pointing to this idea, and I agree personally, not only from an economical stand point, but the overall satisfaction of playing the game. Blizzard stated themselves, top tier items drop rates are drastically low to counter balance their place in the auction house. More on this later perhaps.
Edited by zSnakez#1978 on 5/10/2013 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
BoA is a bad idea, simply because that 195 Int / 6% CC Mempo that dropped for your barb will really piss you off.

If they were going to do anything, it should be BoE instead. Allow items to be sold if they aren't useful to the character that finds them, but once a character equips it (with a dialogue promt of course to avoid accidental locking) it cannot be sold again.
Reply Quote
First, please define how you would determine "top tier" at drop/id time. I think this would be the hardest concept to implement.

I would have to say no. If you don't mean literally perfect items, then there is a chance that any given item may be traded during the upgrade process. Trading is a significant part of Diablo, and I am not referring solely to the AH. There is also the (albeit rare) chance that someone may never want to play a particular class. What should they do?

In any event, I don't know of most people who just let BiS gear go anyway, but I could be wrong. These things are clearly above me.
Edited by Silent262#1882 on 5/10/2013 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
BOA marquise gems is good enough if a player wants to sell top tier items on AH he/she should be able to.
Reply Quote
If the AH stays, yes.
If not, no.
Reply Quote
BoA is a bad idea, simply because that 195 Int / 6% CC Mempo that dropped for your barb will really piss you off.

If they were going to do anything, it should be BoE instead. Allow items to be sold if they aren't useful to the character that finds them, but once a character equips it (with a dialogue promt of course to avoid accidental locking) it cannot be sold again.

That is interesting. Makes a lot of sense. I also like the idea of trading items for other items as a requirement for the item :o
Reply Quote
View profile
no need to boa blizz willl turn all that GG warez to trash with new itemization. only happened like 3-4x already. I had BiS bracers in server in 1.0.3 turned to garbage with lacunis and new crafts. No worries man
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Aimless
no need to boa blizz willl turn all that GG warez to trash with new itemization. only happened like 3-4x already. I had BiS bracers in server in 1.0.3 turned to garbage with lacunis and new crafts. No worries man

You can't count on Blizzard to keep feeding this game new items. That is the exact opposite of what fixes this problem.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Aimless

Not that I agree with BoA, but if this were to be implemented it would likely be after the new itemization patch. The issue would remain afterward anyway, unless you think they are going to roll out new items every couple of months.
Edited by Silent262#1882 on 5/10/2013 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like BOA for top tier.

Makes characters unique...cause maybe you play a different build, just cause you got key drops that make that build possible. Sure, same can be said about finding deals in the AH, but this focuses on gameplay.

You may not get what you want, but that's the fun. Getting random stuff, and making it work better cause your creative. When you get what you want, you'll feel even better about it, because not everyone can be you -- almost no one can.

If I designed the AH from the get go, I would have made all items BOA, and then introducing very rare drops that let you unbind items of a certain ilvl. Thus,maybe you sell only a few of your best items a month, instead of having 20 auctions going at once.

Would have prevented how fast people can short-circuit gearing up, just by buying surplus gear from veteran players, and then not being able to find anything themselves because what they have is already so rare. Instead, if trades were "rare" veterans would end trading with each other, instead of stockpiling trash to hand to every newb who starts playing.
Edited by RageQuit#1835 on 5/10/2013 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

This. I think BOE item have to extend to all rare and legendary items (don't matter is good or not). You equiped you can't sell.

With this, i think even MID/Good items will worth something when you drop (know they are garbage and don't sell high anymore beacuase AH is saturated whit then).

I think with they want to make this game last longer, they need to find a good way to sink gold and items, and it's need to come with Itemization. For item BOE rare and legendary is a good solution (and make drops a half harder too , quality before quantity).

For gold, Maybe a event (or events), where you have to craft to go (like Infernal Machine), with good exp rate, a better drop rate or even a hard event one time try per day, with you complete you get a legendary. And like infernal machine you have to craft to enter (with price goes between 1kk - 50kk, depends what the event can reward you).
Reply Quote
BoE should be good enough to create a decent item sink. Not just for high en items, but for everything.
Reply Quote
Extremely good items should be sellable/tradable. The absolute best should be account bound. Shouldn't be able to just buy the absolute best gear.

Note: This, to me, would mean entirely new items being created that will drop rarely that would be BoA (maybe tailored to your class, maybe not. Would be nice to be able to farm for your alts on your main.) This would be great. You'd know if someone was fully decked in this new top tier gear that they played the game and earned it, not just bought it on RMAH.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
05/10/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Rooder
Note: This, to me, would mean entirely new items being created that will drop rarely that would be BoA (maybe tailored to your class, maybe not. Would be nice to be able to farm for your alts on your main.) This would be great. You'd know if someone was fully decked in this new top tier gear that they played the game and earned it, not just bought it on RMAH.

Careful, this is exactly what I'm suggesting and it isn't favored to well because of that dirty phrase "BoA"
Reply Quote
Wouldn't it just be easier to stop selling gold from the RMAH and make everything bought there BoA? Those what want the RM option can keep playing, it keeps the speculators out of the AH and may go some way to easing the minds of the "if its not self found, its no legit" brigade.
Reply Quote
been on the "Yes" camp since day one. AH can't work without item binding.
Reply Quote
What about a "timed" BoA, a player must wait 72hrs before a resell is possible. was ether that or a 10% cumulative tax increase ever time an item is "flipped" within a 72hr period.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]