Diablo® III

Faith

This is the true story of the faith that I once had in Blizzard. Faith that no longer exists.

I spent money on the RMAH to buy a few gems after the play session I had following the release of 1.0.8. This was because during my routine check of the auction house I noticed that radiant star gems were worth 100 million each. After I sold my gems I heard a rumor about a gold dupe.

After testing and confirming it out I immedatly logged off the game and reported it in the bug secion on these very forums, suggesting that the auction house be shut down and a roll back of the servers. I did not try to spend the duped gold on expensive items, nor sell it on the RMAH, or buy gems to sell on the RMAH.

It wasn't till several hours later when the auction house was actually shut down that blizzard anounced that they weren't going to do a roll back but had the ability to undo all the harmful trades and auction transactions.

Still I had faith. Faith that things would be fixed. Faith that I would recieve a refund for the money I spent on the RMAH which I would never have spent if I had known there was a gold dupe. Faith that the economy would go back to normal.

This faith was rewarded with a ban. Blizzard stole my money, gave it to charity and proceded to ban me. I acted for the most part with responsibility and a fair amount of integrity. Instead of taking responsibility for their own mistake, Blizzard has punished each and every legtimate player by allowing ANY amount of the duped gold to remain in circulation. The inflation caused by the 15% of duped gold remaining in curculation (AT LEAST 300,000,000,000) will be extremey harmful to any player, making any goals of achieveing top level gear nigh impossible. It is also true, that while some dupers were out for profit, others (even knowingly breaking the ToS) were out to smash the economy so badly that it would force blizzard to roll back the servers. They just wanted to save the game they loved. They were also rewarded with a ban.

I have completely lost faith in this company. This whole thing could have been undone in a 24 hour time period but you chose not to.
Reply Quote
Cool story bro.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 05:49 AMPosted by Loc
Cool story bro.

umm I believe it is "Kulle story Bro"
Reply Quote
How about:-

1) you know about the exploit.
2) you decided to jump in and earn the profit while others dupe gold.
3) at the same time you also dupe some gold.
4) you decided to report so Blizzard can prevent the rest from doing it and you will be the few rich ones in game?
Reply Quote
I think any reasonable person is pretty much shocked that this is Blizzard's solution instead of rolling it back. I mean we are talking only a few hours of progress if they did it promptly. Instead they screwed all the low and mid level players, everyone who put up an auction for a low starting bid and took down their own auction house for 3 days. Its like wow did they just flip a coin to decide.
Reply Quote
lol, i actually got some good deals last night. whatever gold may remain, will not be affecting me.
Reply Quote
I had faith some people had the integrity to reallize a 500% boost in gem price overnight was a sign something really weird was going on.

Also, smashing the economy to save the game they loved? Yeah right....

You deliberately tried to profit from an extremely irregular situation and got caught for it. Spare us the drama.
Reply Quote
Cool story bro.

umm I believe it is "Kulle story Bro"

Lol.

Sorry JungleQuack if i laughed. Well lesson learn here! i don't feel bad for you...I just don't get it, Why do people fall into temptation in flipping gems. If you see its over 100mil you clearly see it something wrong! you never see it go that high.. Even if it a set price or whatever. I was there during the whole AH gold bs I notice it and first thing that pop up in my mind was... This ain't going to turn out well" I'm not doing it, When you do stuff like that! it F'up the d3 community.

05/11/2013 05:58 AMPosted by ElTresSeis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0

Had to edit my comment because of this. Made me lol, Memories. Gotta have faith. :D! Thumbs up*
Edited by Loc#1160 on 5/11/2013 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is the true story of the faith that I once had in Blizzard. Faith that no longer exists.

I spent money on the RMAH to buy a few gems after the play session I had following the release of 1.0.8. This was because during my routine check of the auction house I noticed that radiant star gems were worth 100 million each. After I sold my gems I heard a rumor about a gold dupe.

After testing and confirming it out I immedatly logged off the game and reported it in the bug secion on these very forums, suggesting that the auction house be shut down and a roll back of the servers. I did not try to spend the duped gold on expensive items, nor sell it on the RMAH, or buy gems to sell on the RMAH.

It wasn't till several hours later when the auction house was actually shut down that blizzard anounced that they weren't going to do a roll back but had the ability to undo all the harmful trades and auction transactions.

Still I had faith. Faith that things would be fixed. Faith that I would recieve a refund for the money I spent on the RMAH which I would never have spent if I had known there was a gold dupe. Faith that the economy would go back to normal.

This faith was rewarded with a ban. Blizzard stole my money, gave it to charity and proceded to ban me. I acted for the most part with responsibility and a fair amount of integrity. Instead of taking responsibility for their own mistake, Blizzard has punished each and every legtimate player by allowing ANY amount of the duped gold to remain in circulation. The inflation caused by the 15% of duped gold remaining in curculation (AT LEAST 300,000,000,000) will be extremey harmful to any player, making any goals of achieveing top level gear nigh impossible. It is also true, that while some dupers were out for profit, others (even knowingly breaking the ToS) were out to smash the economy so badly that it would force blizzard to roll back the servers. They just wanted to save the game they loved. They were also rewarded with a ban.

I have completely lost faith in this company. This whole thing could have been undone in a 24 hour time period but you chose not to.

You have no way of knowing how much that 15% is. Also the majority of those that have come here saying that they were banned for no reason. Usually are proven that they are guilty as charged. I cannot say if this is the case for you or not.

But still they were exploiting a bug just to get their fulfill their agenda. A forced reroll of all accounts, maybe even as far as launch day. Where there would be a complete wipe of everything. Sorry but that is not happening. Also that is a weak excuse at best. I find it highly unlikely that a percentage of players duped just to get a forced reset of the game. I say that they made up that excuse to justify their actions. Which is common for anyone to do. The criminals will try their best to justify their actions. It is part of human nature.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]