Diablo® III

Azurewrath vs Buriza

As the title states, which would be more beneficial and why.
Enchantress with an azurewrath, plus max atk speed on rings and amulet
vs.
Scoundrel with a Buriza, plus max atk speed on rings and ammy.

Who would win?
Survival? Which follow survives more
Helpful? Which follow helps you more
Backstabs? Which follower creates an unwanted situation for you
Buffs? APS vs cc buff (im at 3.o aps and 63 cc)

Any comments, questions, or concerns lol? thoughts guys?
Reply Quote
why not count scoundrel with Buriza+Multishot it's the best for mobs freeze.
Reply Quote
well the 3% CC is almost always marginally better than 3% attk speed unless you need a breakpoint.

Enchantress also the armour.

The difference I think is erosion. This is under rated and a cool skill. This increases your damage...its almost like the area MfD rune. Erosion also procs effects.

Honestly for me both azurewrath and buriza are expensive for follower items. If you just want to proc the snare, I would just go with a rare cold weapon with vit.
Reply Quote
Buriza is better. I'm 100% sure. And go for The Star of Azkaranth with 5% freeze chance also instead of ias on the ammy. Don't forget to leave your scoundrel's other skills untrained to force him to use multishot more.
Reply Quote
A high pierce 70%+ and freeze 13%+ Buriza scoundrel with star of azkaranth with 4+ freeze and attack speed along with vit resist all and attack speed rings and a LOH resist all vit scoundrel token makes him an insane crowd control machine that cannot be beat.

I got my godly Buriza for cheap before they became cool months ago lol it makes him so awesome. Also you want to untrain everything he attack with so he only uses multishot the CC bonus and Vanish and he will survive pretty well in MP10. Use him on my barb currently and have never used another follower since.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 10:21 AMPosted by bladezero25
Don't forget to leave your scoundrel's other skills untrained to force him to use multishot more.

oh Gods, I never thought of that!
Reply Quote
Check out my DH's Scoundrel. I added Cold SOJ too.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Cameo

why the cold SOJ? bonus to elites? Buriza already is a cold weapon so all hits snare.
Reply Quote
For glasscannon builds I would go with enchantress + maximus. Get attack speed gear and vit/AR for survivability - it procs often and holds aggro very well (far better than templar follower).
Reply Quote
I use the Buriza on scoundrel and he actually freeze Siege in mp10 ubers. I though he might not help but I saw him freeze while siege held me in his hand. The effect almost as good as wizard freeze.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 11:47 AMPosted by SCOTTJ27
For glasscannon builds I would go with enchantress + maximus. Get attack speed gear and vit/AR for survivability - it procs often and holds aggro very well (far better than templar follower).

This is pretty cool, I tried it.

I still prefer scoundrel with Windforce/cold ring or ammy or with Buriza.
Reply Quote
I prefer Templar with Azurewath and Star with a Goblin ring.

With bombardment, he helps with fallens and charging bulls and always gives me a goblin every 15 minutes. With scoundrel, I have to leave a few straglers to get goblin.

Although the 3% CC gives me 13K D3UP dps, the aggro the templar gives provides more life saving chances than the scoundrel.

I feel for Templar the hatred regen when I add this in RF Bombardment channeling makes up for the DPS loss with 3 % CC with added DPS and life steal with extended channeling.

If I use my scoundrel I use Buriza with 3 slow shots for COW bonus.

I do not use Enchantress although she is cuter.
Edited by Chappy#1504 on 5/14/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I use enchantress for wizard, since area freeze is easy for wiz but a single target cc isn't. Enchantress with azurewrath almost permanent freeze single target, 3% atk spd for breakpoint, armour, and erosion for dot.

Scoundrel for my monk since after cyclone strike, it is easier for the pierce hit the targets when they're closely packed.

Windforce with cold ring/ammy for higher dps and cheaper version of cc.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 10:42 AMPosted by METATRON

why the cold SOJ? bonus to elites? Buriza already is a cold weapon so all hits snare.

I thought it can make it more chilly for them.
Reply Quote
Azurath all the way.

Enchantress a super high proc rate. Ask anyone who uses Maximus. Next, all you need to is add Vit/ias rings and amulet and you have a Follow that shoots 3 times faster than Scoundrel / adds attack speed / adds defensive buffs. Azurewrath is dirt CHEAP.

Azurewrath 13% chance to freeze plus Enchantress higher attack speed and higher proc rate (less than 100k gold )

versus

Burizo 13% chance to freeze ( multi - mil gold ) plus Scoundrel's slow shot rate and low proc rate.

You might see one frozen elite on screen with scroundrel at one time.. MAYBE. You will see scroundrel work best in high density trash mobs. But when it comes down to 3 or 4 elites left on screen, scoundrel is useless.

versus

Enchantress - 2 to 3 mobs / elites frozen at all times. Poor against 20 trash mobs without 3 shots to slow but when crunch times comes.. after you have quickly cleared trash mobs and you have FAST elites hopping around likes annoying nats, Enchantress shines by freezing 3 to 4 of them in there tracks..

Give both a try and see if I wrong..
Reply Quote

Give both a try and see if I wrong..

definitely gonna take a look..
are you a refrigerator salesman in real life? ;)

o/
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Veritech
are you a refrigerator salesman in real life? ;)

It's on sale . I will beat the competitor's price GUARANTEED..

fine print : warrant is void once it leaves the store. If it doesn't work while in store - you broke it / you bought it.. ONLY one coupon per customer...
Reply Quote
Enchantress - 2 to 3 mobs / elites frozen at all times. Poor against 20 trash mobs without 3 shots to slow but when crunch times comes.. after you have quickly cleared trash mobs and you have FAST elites hopping around likes annoying nats, Enchantress shines by freezing 3 to 4 of them in there tracks..

So enchantress then...I did notice that she has a pretty high attack speed. Does anyone know if erosion can proc snare.

I have seen erosion proc the maximus demon.

I am planning my build around the enchantress in terms of reaching the desired breakpoint for rapid fire...she is a must have for me. It helps that she is useful too.
Reply Quote
Someone suggested that teach her as few skills as possible is good . .that way she just fires off freeze shots. .

Never tested that part myself but I teach all skills and it freezes just fine..
Reply Quote
ugh I just removed the power shot skill from my scoundrel... and now his icon is flashing the bright "Power Up" icon... I'd rather he fire less freezing shots than have that nagging icon in the corner.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]