Diablo® III

Azurewrath vs Buriza

Is freezing really that necessary for a DH? My scoundrel can pretty much slow the entire screen guaranteed, seems pretty good.

I use socketed buriza, but I didn't go for the star ammy or high freeze chance (saved quite a bit of gold that way). Instead I went blackthorne ammy and stacked LOH. With perfect star ammy in my buriza, he has around 1500 LOH right now. Against large mobs he can gain back easily over 6k HP a shot.
Reply Quote
i cant even count how many bulls were frozen mid-charge RIGHT AT MY FACE thanks to my Scoundrel.

Especially with the new Rapid Fire builds, frozen mobs at a distance make for easy kill targets.
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 11:43 AMPosted by OhHellzNo
Is freezing really that necessary for a DH? My scoundrel can pretty much slow the entire screen guaranteed, seems pretty good

With MP10 and my DPS .. trash mobs melt after afew shots.. I don't need to slow the entire screen.. But when you have some annoying affixs on 4 remaining elites.. if you can freeze two or three of them it's easier... I don't tank... I need to stay mobile and take out 1 elite at time...

I have both Burizo and Azurewrath .. Both are good. Equally GOOD . But for most DH it's better to spend all your gold and effort on DH than on Follower. to get an Azurewrath with 10% freeze chance and high ias for around 100 k gold is not BAD.

But even if you already have a burizo - give Azurewrath a try for much less than a mil gold. If you have two TOONS it's not worth the hazzle to swap gears on followers anyway..
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 11:43 AMPosted by OhHellzNo
Is freezing really that necessary for a DH?

Well sometimes, if you have the gold to do so then sure. The big idea for this is that a frozen enemy (immobile) won't hit you;therefore, it increases survival! That's huge since My buddies and I are GlassCannons and choose to stay that way.

It also brings in the idea of being able to proc cull the weak WITHOUT wasting a skill slot for a slow.
ie: I can never choose between ent. shot (shock collar) which procs nightstalker like crazy, or bola shot, thunderball because of the stuns. Well now it makes using thunderball more rewarding since the buriza will freeze the enemies (which is also a slow) and it proc cull the weak for me.
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 12:58 PMPosted by BlackVenom
I have both Burizo and Azurewrath

I have both as well, but I don't nearly play as much solo play, nor have I thoroughly tested/analyzed these two follower gear setups.
Care to share some insight on which is better (clearly both are equally great), but there has to be one for xyz situations and the other better for an 'abc' situation.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Namzug
Care to share some insight on which is better

In different situations both will shine more differently ( not better but differently ):

Scoundrel burizo is tooo slow and low proc rate. So it main function is to shot 3 shots and slow mobs down. It does this will. But for the OVER RATED HIPE and PRICE of BURIZO you can do a better job with COLD DAMAGE BOW rare bow with 100 dps for 10 k gold ( Much more faster .. )

Enchantress shoots FASTER and has a higher proc rate to freeze = MORE frozen mobs on screen at time. This is a key factor when facing the 3-4 remaining elites.

A dead follow can't help you. Scroundrel's slow shot rate and low freeze proc with kill him more often. Enchantress will freeze most elites ( perma-freeze) and take less damage.

For low MP with strafe Templar's HATRED regen is best..
Reply Quote
Scoundrel burizo is tooo slow and low proc rate. So it main function is to shot 3 shots and slow mobs down. It does this will. But for the OVER RATED HIPE and PRICE of BURIZO you can do a better job with COLD DAMAGE BOW rare bow with 100 dps for 10 k gold ( Much more faster .. )

I agree and also a point a made earlier in the post.

Given low chance to freeze and the randomness of it all, why not just get a rare with cold, vit and some mf/gf.
Reply Quote
View profile
I use a cat as my follower.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/16/2013 09:33 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan

Lol... fuzzy ftw

So, after reading this thread, I decided to pimp out my Enchantress and equip her with a high freeze chance Azurewrathe. I also added a Cold Tal Rasha's Ammy for good measure.

My normal follower is a WF equipped Scoundrel.

From my observations, the Enchantress didn't offer as much "general" CC as Scoundrel, as his Knockback would just keep legions of stuff away from me.

HOWEVER... that freeze proc was invaluable on elites. It would proc JUST enough to make the gaming experience easier. Additionally, it offered some much needed CC on gold elites (the Knockback on my WF is useless against gold elites).

My view on this setup is that its definitely one that people should look at, simply because its so cheap. I dropped about 500k on her (and most of that was from the ammy), and she is now a very viable CC producing follower.

Just for kicks, I decided to equip her with a random Maxiumus sword that I had lying in my stash. For those who don't know, this sword procs a rather large demon that tanks and fights for you. This demon is about twice as tall as your character, and is tethered to the sword via a fire chain. I highly recommend everyone try it, just for the sheer coolness factor (its really a site to behold). Also, it tanks damage decently, and has a really high proc rate (its literally up all the time). During most battles, I had the demon out front, tanking dmg, the Enchantress behind me, firing ranged shots (that proc'd cold dmg due to the Tal Rasha's Amulet). Its like party play for the Forever Alone Guy.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 09:33 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan

I heard you're going to have another cat
Reply Quote
@ Tropicalypso, if you like the freeze with the Azurewrath, you really should try a decent Freeze chance Buriza on your Scoundrel. The Multishot makes it amazing and the pierce means you can freeze half your screen with a single volley of shots.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/17/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Oscar
@ Tropicalypso, if you like the freeze with the Azurewrath, you really should try a decent Freeze chance Buriza on your Scoundrel. The Multishot makes it amazing and the pierce means you can freeze half your screen with a single volley of shots.

I have been shopping around for a Buriza with a +10% Freeze chance, but they are bonkers expensive. I'm just being patient, as these popup will popup for cheap sometimes (invariably, someone lists it for dirtcheap because they don't know the value of the Freeze chance).
Reply Quote
Yea, what I'm noticing is that my Buriza isn't even that great (i am just sitting at 7.9 freeze chance, then with the ammy it is 10%+) However, he dies rather quickly, and the procs just suck. It is mostly for large mobs (randomly proc-ing a few of them in there). Now the enchantress, with her ridic. atk speed and proc rates I find it to be easier, especially since she can survive rather well.

P.S. Good morning
Reply Quote
Scoundrel can survive just as well as the Enchantress, with the exception of the armor buff. You just need to gear him correctly. The attack speed is lower for scoundrel, but when he proc freeze with his multishot, he procs it for ALL mobs hit with his multishot, which does pierce. I guarantee you, given an equal number of grouped mobs, Scoundrel will end up freezing more total mobs than Enchantress can over a given farming session. Big difference is, Scoundrel can freeze an entire group thanks to the pierce bonus of the bow. It's like having a CM Wiz. I've had entire elite groups frozen while I just bomb away with RF.

I suppose there is a degree of preference involved here, however, so I do get if you just prefer Enchantress.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Oscar
I suppose there is a degree of preference involved here, however, so I do get if you just prefer Enchantress.

TRUE . .. .

Try this - Ghom mp10 with scoundrel = see how long he freezes and how long he stays un-frozen

REPEAT with Enchantress and tell the results..

As for TRUE preferrance - When do you want the FREEZE to take place ??

20 trash mobs on screen or Down to the last 4 elites that are troublesome. I can handle 20 mobs on screen easily. The remaining elites that are FAST / REFLECT / SHIELD are annoying .. Enchantress helps the most in these situations..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 5/18/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I found an Azurewrath for my enchantress and yes it is better than I thought.

If you can handle her annoying knockback spell...that also procs the freeze and seems to impact multiple mobs at once.
Reply Quote
GCB clan members are farmiliar with FEAR HUNTER build ( just add elemental arrow -screaming skull to your build and try it out )

Echoing Fury with 20% fear on hit for enchantress as well and you will feel like a TRUE HUNTER.. CHASING down run away demons..

Best / Fun build of all time ..
Reply Quote
Enchantress with Azurewrath is the way to go hands down. Force push and erosion both proc the freeze from Azure. On top of that, nothing is better cc then turning the 3 deadly elites into chickens when you first engage them. If your going for cc, there is no better option on a regular basis then enchantress equipped with Azurewrath, 2 9%ias rings, high vit token, and a star of Az amulet with yet another immobilizing effect on it. Dont go with freeze on your star though. the freeze effects do not stack they just proc at 15% AND 5% rates not 20% rate. I go with 15% freeze azure and 4.9% stun star. enjoy
Reply Quote
View profile
this is what you can do with a enfrostchantress. watch the keywardens get locked down permanently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXGQGKGHQBw
Reply Quote
Azurath all the way.

Enchantress a super high proc rate. Ask anyone who uses Maximus. Next, all you need to is add Vit/ias rings and amulet and you have a Follow that shoots 3 times faster than Scoundrel / adds attack speed / adds defensive buffs. Azurewrath is dirt CHEAP.

Azurewrath 13% chance to freeze plus Enchantress higher attack speed and higher proc rate (less than 100k gold )

versus

Burizo 13% chance to freeze ( multi - mil gold ) plus Scoundrel's slow shot rate and low proc rate.

You might see one frozen elite on screen with scroundrel at one time.. MAYBE. You will see scroundrel work best in high density trash mobs. But when it comes down to 3 or 4 elites left on screen, scoundrel is useless.

versus

Enchantress - 2 to 3 mobs / elites frozen at all times. Poor against 20 trash mobs without 3 shots to slow but when crunch times comes.. after you have quickly cleared trash mobs and you have FAST elites hopping around likes annoying nats, Enchantress shines by freezing 3 to 4 of them in there tracks..

Give both a try and see if I wrong..

^ This

I used to have my enchantress equipped with a Maximus and the demon would proc a helluva lot, then I saw Black post about this a little while ago, so I spent a couple hundred mil for my Enchantress' Azurewrath and Star of Azkaranth and I must say she is much much better!!!

With 20.1% chance to freeze combined with 1.69 APS on the Azurewrath + another 17% attack speed on her other equips, she helps in solo VOTA a tonne, whenever I encounter those Blazing Guardian packs with a leader or those spinning ones (can't remember the name right now) she just freezes them still while I pound away :-)

It's fantastic!

Silver
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]