PvP Best to worst classes

WDs on top? um... no..

Monks = Rape Wds all day everyday POP POP

Also Wizards beat barbs
Edited by FR0G#1123 on 6/18/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 12:42 PMPosted by FR0G
Wizards beat barbs

When wizards run RoF/WoF builds they can beat similarly geared barbs. However, some barbs are so tanky you will run out of AP before you finish them. This situation tends to happen if your attack speed is too high and the barb's lps is high enough to offset the hp loss from the channeling.
Edited by Weasel765#1161 on 6/18/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
some stats to go with Weasel's statement. 90k hp, 11k armor, 1100 resists, 5.1k regen seems to be enough to tank most wizards.
Reply Quote
WDs on top? um... no..

Also Wizards beat barbs

1) WD is the best class in PVP overall unless Plague Bats are banned, then it evens out a little.

2) Monks can beat WD with a Plague Bats ban. Otherwise, it can go either way.

3) Top Barbs can crush top Wizards (try SkyIsLimit, Kone, etc. if you want stronger Barbs).

That said (my opinions), here is my current view of the match-ups in a general high-end setting without Plague Bats:

Barb < DH
Barb = Monk
Barb < WD
Barb > Wiz

DH > Monk
DH = WD
DH > Wiz

Monk > WD
Monk > Wiz

WD > Wiz

With Plague Bats:
WD > Barb
WD > DH
WD = Monk
WD > Wiz

THIS IS MY OPINION! I will gladly face and defeat your Barb/Monk/Wizard on my DH to prove my point (once I get back in town this weekend).
Reply Quote
Mb Windy= Rape All
Reply Quote
With Plague Bats:
WD > Barb
WD > DH
WD = Monk
WD > Wiz

so true.
Reply Quote
You should never run into a situation you would run out of arcane. If you have ias, which i use often against barbs, you should have a pretty high dps to cut down the barbs before you run out of ap.
Reply Quote
WDs on top? um... no..

Also Wizards beat barbs

1) WD is the best class in PVP overall unless Plague Bats are banned, then it evens out a little.

2) Monks can beat WD with a Plague Bats ban. Otherwise, it can go either way.

3) Top Barbs can crush top Wizards (try SkyIsLimit, Kone, etc. if you want stronger Barbs).

That said (my opinions), here is my current view of the match-ups in a general high-end setting without Plague Bats:

Barb < DH
Barb = Monk
Barb < WD
Barb > Wiz

DH > Monk
DH = WD
DH > Wiz

Monk > WD
Monk > Wiz

WD > Wiz

With Plague Bats:
WD > Barb
WD > DH
WD = Monk
WD > Wiz

THIS IS MY OPINION! I will gladly face and defeat your Barb/Monk/Wizard on my DH to prove my point (once I get back in town this weekend).

Even with plague bats, i'd say Monks have more the upper hand at winning more often, given that it is a good player behind the monk. In my opinion, the only way a wd would win is if the monks initial attacks are either non crits or dodged and the monk is forced to use serenity too soon.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Weasel765
Wizards beat barbs

When wizards run RoF/WoF builds they can beat similarly geared barbs. However, some barbs are so tanky you will run out of AP before you finish them. This situation tends to happen if your attack speed is too high and the barb's lps is high enough to offset the hp loss from the channeling.

i see Most wizards using the duplicate or mocking demise rune, Mainly duplicates, for mirror images. This is in my personal opinion the main reason why they would lose to a barb.

Try using mirror mimics with wave of force, and frost nova. with paralysis on as passive with storm and hydra.

this enables you the ability to freeze / wave 3 times as opposed to once. with Storm and hydra stunning them very often.

Also i strongly recommend a high dps / high fear % Echo Fury. Fear saves Wiz lives.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 12:43 PMPosted by lSeraphiml
ss is dominating every c
Reply Quote
I would put monk in second. His stun abilities are just to much. Seven side strike stuns for seven seconds(not to mention the massive dmg it does), blinding flash to stay stunned, wave of light for some more massive dmg, and serenity for immunity just in case the other player gets a first shot off. Out of all the pvp i've done my monk doesn't loose to anything other then WD. A monk can be underpowered and still come out with a win because the other person can't move. WD is the only thing that can stand up to it.
Reply Quote
Right now the pecking order is (in my experience):

Top: Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor
Middle: Wizard, Monk
Bottom: Barbarian, Crusader
Reply Quote
View profile
From what I have seen the classes are fairly balanced. I would say more so than in vanila. granted some classes poses very hard counters to specific builds from other classes which at first glance can give a more unbalanced view.

If had to make a ranking id put dh on top. they enjoy the largest variety of viable builds and the standard farming gear for dh is most easily adaptable to pvp which translate to low and midrange dh players having a significant advantage over same tier characters of the other classes.

I think in the future we will see the top pvpers diversify into multiple classes so that they have at their disposal the perfect character to counter their opponents. I have almost completed my pvp wd (It takes about 1 to 2 months to gear up a character from my experience) and if I were to move on to another class I think Wiz or Crusader would be my next pick. In my opinion both have a ton of potential that hasnt really been shown to full effect.
Reply Quote
chuck do you have any general strategy of how monks can fight wd's? Not sure if during your Open Challenge you came across any particular strategies that worked well against you. I know it's usually a lopsided battle in favor of the wd but wondering if you observed anything worth considering.

note I don't duel on this account the monk I use is on my friend's account which is much better geared.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Kiwanuka
05/15/2013 08:12 AMPosted by MeeChaiYang
Wind Druid > All class

Hammerdin was definitely better

A well played Wind druid would own all hammerdins.
Reply Quote
All i gotta do is lay my 4 sentrys down and have smoke screen tumble etc etc and no non pet class can touch me.
Reply Quote
I would place monk at the top of every class.

I use 1000 Raiment set (buffed massively in 2.0.6) and Jawbreaker and one-shot my friends whenever I crit. If they don't die, my skill rune has a 40% chance to stun for 4 seconds.

As for against WD haunts, use Serenity. Then WD stands there helpless.
Reply Quote
06/16/2014 06:53 AMPosted by DoonDoon

Have you tried against Danetta's DH or infinite Smokescreen DH? Considering Monk can barely hit those types of DH (and cannot hit the infinite Smokescreen DH at all), I don't think Monk has a chance. Class balance issues have never been more stacked; that is the reason I have quit until something is done.
Reply Quote
View profile
DoonDoon I would like to challenge your monk to a 1v1. best any 6set monk has done so far is 1-10 vs me.

chucknorris#1885
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 6/16/2014 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2014 06:53 AMPosted by DoonDoon

I use 1000 Raiment set (buffed massively in 2.0.6) and Jawbreaker and one-shot my friends whenever I crit. If they don't die, my skill rune has a 40% chance to stun for 4 seconds.

As for against WD haunts, use Serenity. Then WD stands there helpless.

So... I thought about what I said again and tried brawling with non-friends the first time. I lost 0:10 five or six times (possibly 1:10 one time) before I quitted. I wish I could take back my post, but heck, at least I was not entirely wrong about monks being good - I lost 0:10 to a CDR (non-Raiment) monk.

@ChuckNorris Sorry for declining your friend request lol. I just thought it would be wiser to admit being stupid and forfeit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]