Diablo® III

banned for not playing ?

My gf didnt play D3 for +- 3 months to do some real life stuff comes back on types in email and pass just too find out she is banned ??? wth blizz not even a reason why , u dont even have to give 1 ??? and what investigation ? is this gonne happen too all ppl that play blizz games so u get more money buy selling ur games twice ? well guess again. ban ppl and then tell just to buy new d3 lol.
Reply Quote
Only thing I can think of is that her account was compromised at some point and taken over by a botter/gold seller. (this could have happened without her knowledge in the time she hasn't played). Do you have her battle tag? You can check to see if her characters have GF (get it, hah hah) gear on or if they are higher para levels.
Reply Quote
Her account was probably compromised during her break from the game.

Did she have an authenticator(mobile or physical) attached to her account?
Does she have safe computer habits, different pw and login for everything and anti-virus/anti-malware programs?
Has she ever shared her info with a friend or used a public computer?

Chances are the account was banned after a gold-seller used it to bot.
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
So instead of picking up a phone or contacting a GM to why. You just angrily post on the forums?

also authenticator.
Edited by Ritalynn#1331 on 5/17/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So instead of picking up a phone or contacting a GM to why. You just angrily post on the forums?

also authenticator.

This.

Why on earth is your instinct to come here and post? You do realize Blizzard has customer support, right?
Reply Quote
Are you sure the account was not just locked as they do all the time when an account is in active for a period of time? I had not used my account in a long time and had to verify it was me to unlock it for D3's release.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
05/17/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Horrendus
My gf didnt play D3 for +- 3 months to do some real life stuff comes back on types in email and pass just too find out she is banned ??? wth blizz not even a reason why , u dont even have to give 1 ??? and what investigation ? is this gonne happen too all ppl that play blizz games so u get more money buy selling ur games twice ? well guess again. ban ppl and then tell just to buy new d3 lol.

@ Horrendus - If your gf is the account holder, please ask her to contact us as soon as possible so that we can help her get this worked out. Although we do not typically discuss account actions over the phone or through web chat, we can quickly determine if the action was as a result of a compromise and proceed directly, if that's the case. As was previously recommended, we do offer the free Battle.net Mobile Authenticators which are easy to set up and are great at helping our players protect their accounts.

I'll keep my eyes on the thread in case you respond today.

Regards,
Araxom
Blizzard CS
Reply Quote
They do not lock inactive accounts. My wife did not play for over 11 months. She logged in the other day np
Reply Quote
they do lock accounts if your I.P. address changes and all other sorts of bizarre reasons.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Didact
they do lock accounts if your I.P. address changes and all other sorts of bizarre reasons.

This. I have had one of my accounts locked because of this. My IP adress changes periodically and when my friend logged on to play, it banned my account. It took about 4 hours to get it squared away and Customer Service was prompt and very helpful.

Nimrod.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
05/17/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Didact

Battle.net accounts can get temporarily locked if it looks like it's being accessed from a location that the system is unfamiliar with. Resetting the password will help you get past this, if that's all the issue is. A BNet lock is not the same thing as having a license on the account suspended - without seeing the account that OP is referring to, I'm unsure what is going on - which is why it's best if they reach out to us directly.

As I was previously referring to, the Authenticator will help prevent those kinds of locks. Also, having the SMS Protect set up will help you out if the authenticator ever has an issue, (like if the phone it's on gets updated/reset).
Reply Quote
Same thing happens to me every time I don't log in for a few months, my account becomes deactivated. All I do is open a ticket and a short time later its all good, still annoying though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]