Diablo® III

Common courtesy among Monks. - In game.

Unless its for ubers, changing mantras from MoC to another is kinda useless since most of the time, I find people in pubs tend to do their thing and don't bother about synergy and all that.

And when I am running with people on my friend list, they are more interested in moving like the wind and doing face melting.
Reply Quote
I rarely play public games, but with friends yes we end synergizing our builds primarily with mantras and we make it a point to stay within range so that all of us get the buffs.

The other day played mp10 with two other monks. mantra of conviction-owerawe, mantra of retribution-transgression and mantra of evasion-hard target.

Then a barb joined us and am pretty sure he would have been the happiest barb ever :D
Reply Quote
pompous !@#$%^s...

kinda kidding.. kinda not.

seriously though... how long does it take you to change your skills? if you know a thing or two about Monks and can figure out what works.. it should take you 20seconds max.. farting around in town? people do more off that during selling and emptying their stash.

Who are you to call a person out like this? Especially after you have the audacity to tell others how they should play the game? The concept of "common courtesy" suggests that people (a) have social norms and (b) those norms are widely known and accepted... Given that this is not how most of us currently play the only thing "common" about the courtesy you talk about is that a commoner suggested it... How's that for pomposity?
Reply Quote
Common courtesy is overrated.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:28 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
Common courtesy is overrated.

damn, what happened to this community, haha.
I used to be the one being antagonized for not displaying courtesy,
now ya'll doing it? lol.
Reply Quote
You know what the difference is between you and me? I make this look good :D
Reply Quote
I used to make it look reeaal good...
and then I took an arrow to the knee. >;(
Reply Quote
When you join a game and there's another Monk already in the game Check what skill set that Monk is using Don't run the same mantra, or the same EP. DON'T run Cyclone strike if the other monk is already using. Use a different skill runes.. just excursive your common sense please!

If I joined your game, I use what I want to use. You can quit or uninstall the game, it doesn't bother me. Much less, public games! I didn't buy this game for your enjoyment, although I wouldn't purposely seek you out to troll you either. Peace.
Reply Quote
pompous !@#$%^s...

kinda kidding.. kinda not.

seriously though... how long does it take you to change your skills? if you know a thing or two about Monks and can figure out what works.. it should take you 20seconds max.. farting around in town? people do more off that during selling and emptying their stash.

Who are you to call a person out like this? Especially after you have the audacity to tell others how they should play the game? The concept of "common courtesy" suggests that people (a) have social norms and (b) those norms are widely known and accepted... Given that this is not how most of us currently play the only thing "common" about the courtesy you talk about is that a commoner suggested it... How's that for pomposity?

The intentions of my original post was exactly what you state in your 'a and b' descriptions. Get a social norm and get it widely known. The same way the Monk builds and Jedi !@#$-ness spread like wildfire in theses parts. I tried to see if a level of courtesy could exist amongst the Monk community IN GAME, to have some levels of self awareness.. Not telling people how they should play the game... have some consideration, judge your impact and maybe.. just maybe some form of courtesy. But judging by the response I've gotten, that's not likely to happen.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 07:39 PMPosted by jco310
If you see me in a pub game, just stay behind me and I'll kill everything. Unless you see CountFury in the game, then I'll pull mobs to him and PK him, hahahahahaha.

I'll keep that in mind bro, Cheers ;)
Reply Quote
And when you join a game, change specs, and the monk with overawe leaves and you're left with 5 stacks and a weak build? No thanks. 4x Overawetheway!
Reply Quote

don't try to coordinate with anyone in a public game unless they show a socialable attitude. instead just switch your skills to best accommodate their build. the end. like i said even in hardcore games where survivability is crucial, monks often lack a cooperative attitude, yet we're the only class with a decent number of group skills, go figure.

The end indeed, haha this thread bombed. Though it's given a small insight into how people feel about their skills/builds, So I can now semi understand the attitudes of the Monks in game.
I'll just have a chuckle to myself the next time I read someone talking about efficiency.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 02:22 AMPosted by Eidetic
I'll just have a chuckle to myself the next time I read someone talking about efficiency.

Those are probably among friends, not public games.
Reply Quote
I'm putting together a list of multiplayer build synergy's. If you guys have idea's or guides, I'll link up.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728183759?page=1
Reply Quote
errrrmaaageeerrddd

I forgot how good popcorn tasted!!!!!!!!!!!

now I just need to find some cookies :D
Reply Quote
I have indeed been in games where other monks use CS. I use it significantly less in such games so the enemies aren't yanked back and forth. As far as monks running off lone wolf style in pub games, I am glad that you have not yet experienced it. I have on multiple occasions, so it isn't a hypothetical situation for me. In my experiences, the melee classes tend to be the worst offenders because they can faceroll mobs without addition much fear of death.

I find that anything starting with the word "common" isn't quite as common as one would hope.

Common sense,
common decency,
common courtesy...

...aren't so common.

Even if your thread affected a positive change among forum-goers, there are a multitude of players who do not frequent the forums or will simply miss this thread.

@INJEKT:

I have noticed that fellow monks often drop their bells on top of me immediately after I CS a mob to me. That seems to work pretty well from my experience. : )
Edited by Treleth#1141 on 5/11/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If I'm the main damage dealer and mob wrangler I leave Circular Breathing on the bar so I can set things up and kill more effectively. Otherwise I switch to Overawe unless I have a stack or we're killing fine without it.

If there are multiple monks I right click their picture-->profile-->find their monk-->look at aura they have and pick something else. It only takes a few seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]