Diablo® III

Common courtesy among Monks. - In game.

Trouble is their profile may not have been updated to what their current build is. Only "inspect" option will show you what they really have on but only works when real close so hard to do when joining a game.

Other than that, fully agree with OP. Monks are supposed to buff parties and wasting one of those buff is completely dumb.

I kindly explained that to a monk who joined when I had already 4 stacks. His reply was "Don't care, change yours". Most funny is not me but another party member launched a successful vote kick vs him and typed "Didn't like his reply" =)
Reply Quote
I pretty much play in mp10 only solo and group
with my monk I find that about 70% of the guys in public
games shouldn't be in that mp so why should I change
my skill set for them when over 1/2 the time there're dead
or leaving the game cause there're dying all the time
the only thing I'll do is switch out my ef for 1 of my
other weapons because of the fear even thou some guys
don't mind it.
Reply Quote

what?

the fk did I just hear?
why are you bringing me and my lot into this !@#$?

so I'm just gonna cut the "common courtersy" (which doesn't get you laid irl)
and tell you straight out, Eidetic you're a fkin idiot, you ain't got courtesy yourself,
why are you telling people about what they should do with their games.
You should worry about your own game, and if you want someone in your game to change their skills, go tell them like a boss. What, you can't? too !@#$%?
This thread is wussy shiet, and you got pwned by the community, suck it up, son.

ugh, no, you're stupid.
Jco's one of my best friends in the game,
I'll let you know, since you're too stupid to realize he was fooling around, rofl.

What the hell? your comments are so baffling sometimes. How the hell did you get offended by my Jedi Monk comment enough that you dropped into this tirade? I'm sorry I didn't quote Jco's comment properly, I didn't care about his PK talk, or whatever. I was commenting on his "stand behind me, I'm awesome and will kill everything for you" comment. So, relax, there was no attacking or bating or trash talk towards you.

For the record, asking players to excursus courtesy isn't the same thing as telling them how to play the game, how the hell are you guys getting these two tangled up? At the end of the day this is a forum, you can take it or leave. Also.. "worry about my own game".. my own game stops being my own game when I play a multi player game... unless you meant worry about the way I play the game.. because it's being conscious of how my game was effected by other Monks doing whatever the !@#$ they want that prompted this thread. So hopefully you can understand how that comment makes no sense in a multigame senario.

Countfury.. there's no bitterness here bol, I did get my impressions of the Monk community slightly brused but That's OK, I'll live. I'm not in the same mindset as the average forum attendee I guess, I don't understand the significance (if there are any) of "being owned by the community". I learnt a thing or two from this thread so I'm happy with that.
Edited by Eidetic#2307 on 5/11/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Who the frak plays public games anymore? That's the bigger question:)
Reply Quote
View profile
op umadbro?
Reply Quote
my c/s+EP build w/ another running WoL is a killer combo... just did 3 runs, lucky enough to find a solid WoL mate, we stuck together like glue, hella fun :-)
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Supes

>_>

<_<

*raises hand* : )
Reply Quote
Wait a second....is the OP mocking my awesomeness? That pisses me off!!

OP, add me in game and I'll PK you also, bring it on, first one to die sucks. I will bet you 1 gold that you die first. Add me and you have the chance to earn 1, yes 1, shiny gold piece.

Note: Sarcasm fail on my first post I guess since you misconstrued my post. However, I am awesome and that's how I feel about me. Peace.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 04:33 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
op umadbro?

um.. Iambro?

Wait a second....is the OP mocking my awesomeness? That pisses me off!!

OP, add me in game and I'll PK you also, bring it on, first one to die sucks. I will bet you 1 gold that you die first. Add me and you have the chance to earn 1, yes 1, shiny gold piece.

Note: Sarcasm fail on my first post I guess since you misconstrued my post. However, I am awesome and that's how I feel about me. Peace.

Wasn't mocking, just enjoying your post, like I'm enjoying this one.
Reply Quote
Thanks, every now and then I go on a post-capade and make hilarious posts, although sometimes they are not hilarious, more like CountFury's posts, hahahahahaha.
Reply Quote
So between...

05/10/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Eidetic
I've never played a pub game where a Monk has run off on their own..

... and ...

don't try to coordinate with anyone in a public game unless they show a socialable attitude. instead just switch your skills to best accommodate their build. the end. like i said even in hardcore games where survivability is crucial, monks often lack a cooperative attitude, yet we're the only class with a decent number of group skills, go figure.

The end indeed, haha this thread bombed. Though it's given a small insight into how people feel about their skills/builds, So I can now semi understand the attitudes of the Monks in game.
I'll just have a chuckle to myself the next time I read someone talking about efficiency.

so two monks in range of one another, neither should try to accommodate the build of another when they both run the same mantra/rune? overawe+transgression is no more efficient than just overawe alone?

forget about the next time someone tries to talk efficiency, i'm having a laugh right now.

--------

@INJEKT:

I have noticed that fellow monks often drop their bells on top of me immediately after I CS a mob to me. That seems to work pretty well from my experience. : )

that is absolutely an awesome way to run. and i would completely agree. but speaking from common experience, most times i find myself leading in pub games and being more partial to wol than cs... another cs monk f's up my efforts unless i switch to cs myself. if the cs monk is leading, then following monks as wol would be awesome. i would love to follow someone who is a natural leader, and a 'synergistically'-able leader, but i've yet to find that in pubs.

---

for one, people who usually only play solo but are looking for cooperative achievements. or people who started the game late and have not yet built up a decent list of friends to always run with.
Edited by INJEKT#1800 on 5/11/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I prefer pubbing since playing with folks on friends list makes me feel inclined to stay for a whole run when I am usually interrupted to help around the house or watch the kid.

I don't change specs, and don't really bother checking. Half the time I feel like people would be more annoyed with someone standing in town after joining.
Reply Quote

me, they mostly rock with P40's and up... most know wth they are doing by then.
find a decent monk to hang with (me, EP-C/S spam, him bell spam) BOOM goes the dynamite :P
Reply Quote
errrrmaaageeerrddd

I forgot how good popcorn tasted!!!!!!!!!!!

now I just need to find some cookies :D

Is it too late to put some extra butter on that popcorn?
Reply Quote
others join Public games.. now this is where we need to get smart..
When you join a game and there's another Monk already in the game Check what skill set that Monk is using
Don't run the same mantra, or the same EP. DON'T run Cyclone strike if the other monk is already using. Use a different skill runes.. just excursive your common sense please! All this should be pretty obvious stuff

This doesn't make much sense... imho...
In public games, players enter and leave randomly, changing your build to accommodate existing party members can backfire very easily.

1) Example: Existing monk uses MoC. You change to another Mantra, existing monk leave, party is screwed out of possible 48% dmg buff.

2) Overlapped skills actually doesn't mean it should be bad. Multiple monks can example estimate and time spam mantra buffs at different intervals therefore you have more spirits for other spirit spenders. Even for your CycloneStrike example, you guys can spam at alternative timings to prevent enemies to even doing any sort of damage.

3) you are doing more harm to the group idling in town scrolling other people profiles.

4) if what you brought up even remotely make any sense, shouldn't you be tailoring your build to the whole party and extend to other classes as well? :)

Conclusion:

rather then what you brought up, "common sense" should be more playing as a team.
Example: CM wiz is freezing enemies, don't spam bells to knock enemies out of the freeze zone.
Position yourself to knock more enemies in instead or just spam MoC for buff etc etc.

Changing builds only works well with friend or ubers runs.
Reply Quote
Yea, common courtesy would be to say "This game is cleared" before leaving! :-D
Reply Quote
when I choose to join a public game, I pretty much accept that I might be grouping with a 50K DPS goon on MP8 who is ordering everyone around, 4 monks running the same mantra, or spin2win barb who aggros everything ahead, dies miserably, and rage quits.

That being said, public games aren't for efficiency. Sounds like you want a dedicated farming group. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 09:38 AMPosted by seraphim
when I choose to join a public game, I pretty much accept that I might be grouping with a 50K DPS goon on MP8 who is ordering everyone around, 4 monks running the same mantra, or spin2win barb who aggros everything ahead, dies miserably, and rage quits.

This is part of the reason I play in pubs sometimes.

Pub games can be awesome. Part of the fun is that you're being thrown in with other people's random builds. Finding the best way to play amongst all the lack of coordination is part of the charm. With the newly-nerfed life totals of enemies, you really can do almost anything you want and people still better off with you than without you.

This weekend, a Barb with 14K DPS joined an MP-3 HC game. Someone tried to vote kick him for it. I've never vote-kicked someone before, and I'm not about to do it for DPS reasons. Hell, with this whole strength in numbers thing, I'm happy with an extra player sitting in town.

Another game, I went into a pub with 3 other Monks. I had Backlash selected when I entered. All of us were using 4 different Mantras accidentally. It was pretty sweet.

I used to try and check the other Monks' mantras. But in pubs, you really can't coordinate with others' skills sets. People come and go too frequently. Might as well make a rule that Monks are not allowed to use an EF in any multi-player games, because it's less efficient for some players' builds.

Or not allowed to use Backlash, because other Mantras confer more benefits to allies. Ain't nobody gonna take my Backlash away. The day you or the govment or Obama come to try to take my Backlash away, you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/12/2013 11:51 PMPosted by n0rain
Is it too late to put some extra butter on that popcorn?

it's never too late for popcorn!

just ask this guy:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796661095
Reply Quote
read and consider fitz's wisdom :-)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796450979

peace

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOfV3CueuKIojG-FnC47o_oUtWkD1ri2ErO1QP249srGJZ8nfz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]