Diablo® III

Demon Hunters fixed, a guide by Juicy (long)

When I first saw this thread, I was thinking "no way in hell am I going to read all of this" but then I finally did and I'm blown away by your thoughts, reasonings, and the vast amount of work you put into creating this thread.

There is some bias in your work (nearly impossible to not be) and I may not agree with you completely on the some of the changes you made, however I love your approach to the issues at hand and definitely deserves a bump and a +1. This is also coming from a range player that continuously tries to close the efficiency gap or surpass it between playing ranged and playing tank DH. Also cool to see another Multi shot user too :D
Reply Quote
Enjoyed the nice train read. I agree with majority(99.95% of them) of the points. Just want to bump this up for the devs (if it really makes it down to them) to read, you at the very least deserve a blue post of some kind.

Also, just bringing up the past but... when the game first came out, after the nerf to the SS (I believe), and before the inferno nerf, the only way to do inferno and get past it was stutter stepping and avoiding getting hit. At that time resistances, vitality, armor did not matter one bit, all that matter was how hard you can hit. Personally, I think this style of gameplay will be available all the time. I get this bad feeling that if something is done to provoke us (DH players) to be more ranged then most people will gravitate to once again becoming full glass cannons. It's also funny how hard it is to be at ranged with the new density buffs, unless you tumble back several times while fighting or are some how able to one shot things with AoE skills. There's always that one damn mob that slips by me while get a chance to attack and gets a poke at me, could be that I just suck - w/e.

Anyways.... BUMP!!! :D
Reply Quote
bookmarked... gonna take my time and read this got so many tests :( summer school sucks.
Reply Quote
DH problems can MOSTLY be solved via SHADOW POWER if :

it is more like MANTRAS where once CAST it lasts 120 seconds or there is way SCALE with mob via on time extension via crit procs ( or the count down stops if you are less than 100% health).

To make this work we need to RECAST shadow power if we want the 15% life steal for the first 3-5 seconds. After that we get GLOOM defensive buff / GLIDE move speed buff/ NIGHTBANE hatred regen etc.. for 120 seconds..

NOTE: All other classes have battle rage/war cry/engergy armor/mantra are simular defensive /offensive buffs that are on at minimum 120 seconds with WAY MORE affixes /proc ( benefits )

As for the anti-tank line of thought, I agree .. This not a TANK class. I didn't purchase this game to play as a TANK. This game offers ZERO RANGED CLASS..

As a RANGED stepper this is DAM annoying as I have to cast shadow power every 5 seconds to have increased move speed ( GLIDE is my choice/preference of SP )

MORE on SHADOW POWER :

7 second cool down and 5 second on time leaves a 2 second gap that can and will be filled with smoke screen's 2 second on time. and RINSE and REPEAT...

As a RANGED stepper this is DAM annoying as I have to cast shadow power every 5 seconds to have increased move speed ( GLIDE is my choice/preference of SP )

You can't introduce cool downs into SHADOW POWER.. NOT a happy DH right now.. NO MORE FREAKIN cool downs.. the low DISC pool is what controls spam and also the real solution should be a BETTER alternative. NOT anti - measure..

As you have stated, if all your IMPROVEMENTS to the skills are GOOD enough than we should have less NEED to tank. But don't exclude TANK builds. It's a choice/option. It's mostly popular now and that is fine. You have options and build variety in all classes.. BARBS has weapon throw for that reason no matter how silly it may seem...
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 5/17/2013 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good read, I'm only up to EF suggestions. From what I'm seeing, all you're suggesting is damage buff to hatred generators. Maybe some other aspects should be buffed, like proc rate. Proc rate is one of the main reason ES:shocking collar is popular lately.
Reply Quote
AWESOME!!

...now the only thing more broken than the DH is my mouse wheel :(

thanks Juicypus
Reply Quote
+1

This is indeed a very long thread i've ever keen to read. I'm totally agree about the idea that dh should be more mobile and yet effective in slaughter field. I do hate to tank, but didn't hv much choice as we end up with tank build in higher mp.
I'm really hope the blues will respond this, and address it well and balance. Note just talking about "itemization" but also the balance of the game and chars. I love to use DH from the beginning, and that is the reason i buy this game.

anyway, thanks for put so much effort writing this.
Edited by BRAKULA#6470 on 5/18/2013 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ OP (whomever you are)

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

I just want to thank you for all the hard work that went into such a well written piece. Much like Gosu's post however I feel that most, if not all your epic suggestions will (for the most part but I'm still hopeful!) fall on deaf ears.

I enjoyed reading it and I agree with many of your suggestions (including those you think will be frowned upon). I have been feeling pretty upset after spending 2B+ on gear recently to actually find out first hand our eDPS issues as a class at higher MPs, but reading your essay (a tall order to call it a post lol) has left me feeling somewhat invigorated again to keep playing my DH.

Silver

*edit* didn't realise this was a copy/paste job, above comments are still relevant and directed at the original OP as I appreciate the work nonetheless.
Edited by Silver#6986 on 5/18/2013 2:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Look at this character. Its a level 1 DH.

This is just a cut and pasted thread.

fail
Reply Quote

fail

Some say, there may be a world outside the US

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juicypus-2757/

Ontopic: THANKS! Loved every word of it, lots of fun ideas (slowing and sawing DH which is actually effective? Count me in!) and if only 1% of your words could be heard/read by some dev or even make it on a PTR... yay! Thanks again for your time (must took ages?!)
Reply Quote
Excellent post Juicy! It took me a couple days to get to the end but I think you made and great analysis and paired them with great solutions. I really hope the devs take your ideas into consideration.
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Juicypus
The Demon Hunter is not meant to be running away from the mobs and barely surviving, but to lay waste on them and occasionally dodging and evading, before they get to him/her. He/she is the Demon “Hunter” after all.

Could this have been said in any better way? I miss this, and I only find it while leveling up. That being NOT the first time you level up.
Reply Quote
@ OP (whomever you are)

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

I just want to thank you for all the hard work that went into such a well written piece. Much like Gosu's post however I feel that most, if not all your epic suggestions will (for the most part but I'm still hopeful!) fall on deaf ears.

I enjoyed reading it and I agree with many of your suggestions (including those you think will be frowned upon). I have been feeling pretty upset after spending 2B+ on gear recently to actually find out first hand our eDPS issues as a class at higher MPs, but reading your essay (a tall order to call it a post lol) has left me feeling somewhat invigorated again to keep playing my DH.

Silver

*edit* didn't realise this was a copy/paste job, above comments are still relevant and directed at the original OP as I appreciate the work nonetheless.

That original OP would indeed be me.

Why do you think that this post is copy pasted? Is it the fact that I don't have anything except lvl 1 characters?

Not true: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juicypus-2757/ There's life outside the US as well.

I'm an EU player, but I decided to post this on the US forums since these forums has more audience, and the devs more likely read these than the EU forums. As my goal was to originally get this huge essay to the hands of the devs, this was the best solution.

I hope that clears this up. The post is not copypasted!
It can be very disheartening to write this post with so much effort and to come across with doubts if I am the one who actually wrote it. I assure you that indeed I did.

As for your compliments, thank you very much :) It's a very positive feeling to work hard for something and to see that people actually like it :) So thanks!
Reply Quote

fail

Fail.
Reply Quote
Pretty sure this has been read and passed on to the devs, CM's do check these forums, they just don't post here.
Reply Quote
05/18/2013 02:09 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Pretty sure this has been read and passed on to the devs, CM's do check these forums, they just don't post here.

In addition to that, any kind of a blue post would mean the world to me :)
Reply Quote

fail

Fail.

@ Juicy

My post was edited due to the comment made by the poster you quoted, I don't recall reading anything saying that you were an EU player and to be honest I didn't think to check, so once I read the post by MaxCarnage I edited to stipulate that I direct my comments at whoever the OP was (which you confirmed is you).

I remember reading Gosu's post in the D3 forums as well as over at incgamers so that is what I was referring to when stating that it was a copy/paste job ( I didn't know if that was the same person for instance) now I know that it is you well I am very grateful for your hard work on this issue! :-)

Silver
Edited by Silver#6986 on 5/19/2013 2:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is absolutely phenomenal.

Bump this thread and keep it at the top at all times.
Reply Quote
Bump for juicypus great thoughts, and maybe some Blue will post that they also think it could be a great thing to play a DH as a ranged class... I think that is the reason why we use bows and xbows -.-
Reply Quote
Finished this after +1ing the other day.

This needs a bump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]