Diablo® III

Goodbye Blizzard, I’m cancelling all my subscriptions.

(Locked)

Hi Frag, I just wanted to reach out briefly and let you know that I spoke to the internal teams that are addressing these accounts that were affected by the suspensions/rollbacks, and we're not quite done with our review of the RMAH transactions.

I wish I had more info to provide, but please know that we are not done looking at your issue. I don't have a specific ETA to give you - but if I had to guess I would think that we should have a more complete resolution here within the next week. This is just a guess - but I gauge that off of my conversation with those who are working on this right now - for whom the review of these RMAH transactions is their highest priority.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize if we did not make that clear in our previous responses to you.

Regards,
Araxom
Blizzard Customer Support

Thank you for the update. I didn't expect a reply from anyone since the emails I'd received completely ignored my concerns and said that "the action will not be reversed or changed under any circumstance but had I know that the issue is still unresolved at Blizzard's end, I'd have waited longer.

I'm sure that there are lots of us that are affected by this and you guys are overwhelmed by the individual cases to be looked at but I'm sure that we'd all have appreciated a more personal and a reassuring response than a canned "we already reviewed the situation and we can't do anything" especially given my/our circumstances. I'll be tracking this thread for your updates next week. Thanks.
Support Forum Agent

please please please include this in your emails back, when you unlock accounts it should say "still under review but you can play with items BOA until investigation is completed" or some such thing to let people know there may be something else happening.

I completely agree. I've been in contact with not just the teams dealing with the reviews, but also our own CS supervisors to help promote this very idea.

I sincerely hope this has helped shed some more light as to what's going on - and if I have more info to provide I will be sure to share that.

----------

@Frag - thanks again. I'm going to be scouting these forums more regularly for CS issues when they come up, so by all means please let us know either here or in a ticket if you have any other questions/concerns as we go along. I don't want to hide behind any ambiguity, but as you understand this was a complex issue. We sincerely appreciate your patience (that goes to anyone else affected)!
Edited by Araxom on 5/15/2013 5:01 PM PDT
</3
Hi Frag, I just wanted to reach out briefly and let you know that I spoke to the internal teams that are addressing these accounts that were affected by the suspensions/rollbacks, and we're not quite done with our review of the RMAH transactions.

I wish I had more info to provide, but please know that we are not done looking at your issue. I don't have a specific ETA to give you - but if I had to guess I would think that we should have a more complete resolution here within the next week. This is just a guess - but I gauge that off of my conversation with those who are working on this right now - for whom the review of these RMAH transactions is their highest priority.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize if we did not make that clear in our previous responses to you.

Regards,
Araxom

Thank you for the update. I didn't expect a reply from anyone since the emails I'd received completely ignored my concerns and said that "the action will not be reversed or changed under any circumstance but had I know that the issue is still unresolved at Blizzard's end, I'd have waited longer.

I'm sure that there are lots of us that are affected by this and you guys are overwhelmed by the individual cases to be looked at but I'm sure that we'd all have appreciated a more personal and a reassuring response than a canned "we already reviewed the situation and we can't do anything" especially given my/our circumstances. I'll be tracking this thread for your updates next week. Thanks.

You can get completely different results depending on which Blizzard representative helps you out. I had absolutely no help when I was over-charged for HotS, but eventually I got somebody who helped me out with everything, including a free copy of WoL and HoTS on a secondary account, and the collector's edition on this one :). I find Blizzard's first-line support often lacking but when the results are good, they're very good.
@Mr. Blue.

Did you say another week of investigating? Why not have just done a roll back? I mean we all know why, but what is the real reason you have been told to tell us?

I mean I get it you didn't want to interrupt people playing Auction houses online. But now you have impacted at least a dozen accounts I have seen today, and if we follow the standard practice of 20's thats well over 300 affected people,

Of the hundreds who actually play this game (ignoring all the AH bots and such you were unable to prevent) how many peoples accounts weren't affected? I wasn't because I only play once a week, but the server was offline for me last week. (wonder what happened).

The fact you are sending out emails stating the decisions made were final, and then post here saying the investigation should be finalized in a week...is pretty contradictory no.

I am wondering just how much did Blizzard make during Gold Gate on the RMAH? I mean thats the only thing that could possibly have held up a roll back. Blizzard would have to return all those pretty little fees they collect.

Hundreds banned, hundreds in limbo, and thousands affected by 15% of UNKNOWN amount of duped gold remaining in the system.

OP is right, Blizzard has died.
Edited by Bongoclock#1901 on 5/15/2013 5:06 PM PDT

Regards,
Araxom

please please please include this in your emails back, when you unlock accounts it should say "still under review but you can play with items BOA until investigation is completed" or some such thing to let people know there may be something else happening.

oh and,

05/15/2013 04:45 PMPosted by BMF13
should keep his manti and inna's binded at the very least since he's admitted to using the fruits of his part in the exploit on them.

you are sooooo jelly. hate the rich because ur not rich, hate women because ur not a woman etc.

Lol. Yeah. I've always had enough gold to buy similar items but I just choose to not splurge on them. Like seriously, you get 5B all of a sudden, what is the first thing you do? It's just like winning the lotery.

05/15/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Espionage724

AH isn't playing - try harder next time?

Everything that is coded in Diablo III is technically part of the game. People have different views as to what constitutes as "playing the game" though...

I don't care how people play the game; but anyone mainly using something outside of what I call the game (the thing where you put your character in the game world and kill monsters for loot) I personally don't care for. But what I think doesn't (shouldn't) affect anyone.

Regardless, I don't really approve of how Blizzard is handling the situation either.

An additional review of the action has been completed. We have confirmed our initial findings, and the action will not be reversed or changed.

and
05/15/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Araxom

clearly show some kind of disconnect somewhere... Not done with the reviews of RMAH transactions? Why have the email say the decision is final? Sigh...

I'm hoping with this recent experience, Blizzard just axes both AH's, but that's just me and my personal hate towards the concept of AH in this game. On a lighter note, I just hope everyone gets their accounts sorted out in an honest way, and can continue doing whatever it was they were doing (that falls under the Tos of course) :)

They should have a ladder system or the AH but not both. I don't really care for it but I AM pissed at this injustice.

This makes me sad. Brainless choice not to do a complete rollback...

15% of the duped gold is still in the system, and many of the the most dedicated players hosed. Deleting your items without giving your bnet balance a refund is very close to stealing. But what can you do?

What makes you think we want dedicated auction house flippers to continue "Playing" this game? They just ruin the economy...

You say economy but do you even know what it means? What is your definition? That's just like someone else saying RPers ruin the game because they make it too nerdy.
Aw. I feel for you. That's just what happens when they tried to trace all duped gold - it's impossible for them to see who was an actual exploiter and who was caught in the crossfire.
This is always there way of handling it, tickets are worthless and when you chat with someone, they also just try to give you the run around on answer's, knowing full well what the problem was, I have had them swear up and down about something 1 day, and the next change their story. Their customer service has suffered greatly over the last year or so. I for one was so upset with responses about and on going RMAH/AH bug that had been happening to and them not taking me seriously until I had to show them the screenshot and talk to about 10 different reps and make about 5 forums, ( some in which they deleted ) that I actually called their support number with the Reps named and complained about each and every one of them.

I completely agree. I've been in contact with not just the teams dealing with the reviews, but also our own CS supervisors to help promote this very idea.

I sincerely hope this has helped shed some more light as to what's going on - and if I have more info to provide I will be sure to share that.

----------

@Frag - thanks again. I'm going to be scouting these forums more regularly for CS issues when they come up, so by all means please let us know either here or in a ticket if you have any other questions/concerns as we go along. I don't want to hide behind any ambiguity, but as you understand this was a complex issue. We sincerely appreciate your patience (that goes to anyone else affected)!

Oh so would anyone notify me of updates or changes to my account if I just leave this as is or would I need to open another ticket? I've already tried the ticket route and you're the only one that didn't give me a canned response that the matter's closed so I don't know if it's worth it to go through that ordeal again.

You can get completely different results depending on which Blizzard representative helps you out. I had absolutely no help when I was over-charged for HotS, but eventually I got somebody who helped me out with everything, including a free copy of WoL and HoTS on a secondary account, and the collector's edition on this one :). I find Blizzard's first-line support often lacking but when the results are good, they're very good.

Who did you speak with? Customer service over the phone or did you create a ticket?
@Mr. Blue.

Did you say another week of investigating? Why not have just done a roll back? I mean we all know why, but what is the real reason you have been told to tell us?

I mean I get it you didn't want to interrupt people playing Auction houses online. But now you have impacted at least a dozen accounts I have seen today, and if we follow the standard practice of 20's thats well over 300 affected people,

Of the hundreds who actually play this game (ignoring all the AH bots and such you were unable to prevent) how many peoples accounts weren't affected? I wasn't because I only play once a week, but the server was offline for me last week. (wonder what happened).

The fact you are sending out emails stating the decisions made were final, and then post here saying the investigation should be finalized in a week...is pretty contradictory no.

I am wondering just how much did Blizzard make during Gold Gate on the RMAH? I mean thats the only thing that could possibly have held up a roll back. Blizzard would have to return all those pretty little fees they collect.

Hundreds banned, hundreds in limbo, and thousands affected by 15% of UNKNOWN amount of duped gold remaining in the system.

OP is right, Blizzard has died.

Another question is if they keep playing, would the lose their items or progression like I have?

I was rolled back to a day or so prepatch I think.
05/15/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Fragmeister
Oh noes you are cancelling your sub...wait what sub? LOL at buying all the expansions for D2. Wow thats alot of expansions...no wait it isnt. And you dont even play D3 except for flipping things on the AH. And you are quitting? Wait let me shed a tear.

There are plenty of expansions for WoW. Needless to say, I've bought all the games that came out since D2. SC, WoW, you name it. Wow you people really lack reading comprehension.

So because you bought all the Blizzard games you should receive immunity from violating TOS and EULA that other players are bound to?
05/15/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Eonjee
Aw. I feel for you. That's just what happens when they tried to trace all duped gold - it's impossible for them to see who was an actual exploiter and who was caught in the crossfire.

I think that only the dupers should've been rolled back or better yet banned. Maybe people who traded large amounts to other players.

Maybe a better way of auditing? I seriously think I got tagged because my account had like 1B to begin with.

I mean, if I'm BUYING gems instead of SELLING them, it's pretty obvious that I wasn't in on it.
05/15/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Izzygod86
This is always there way of handling it, tickets are worthless and when you chat with someone, they also just try to give you the run around on answer's, knowing full well what the problem was, I have had them swear up and down about something 1 day, and the next change their story. Their customer service has suffered greatly over the last year or so. I for one was so upset with responses about and on going RMAH/AH bug that had been happening to and them not taking me seriously until I had to show them the screenshot and talk to about 10 different reps and make about 5 forums, ( some in which they deleted ) that I actually called their support number with the Reps named and complained about each and every one of them.

No, the problem is you babies think every game has customer service like WoW does. Go call the Call of Duty support line and tell me how that goes.
05/15/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Izzygod86

Where did that get you and where are your threads? I'd be interested in reading it.
05/15/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Capo

There are plenty of expansions for WoW. Needless to say, I've bought all the games that came out since D2. SC, WoW, you name it. Wow you people really lack reading comprehension.

So because you bought all the Blizzard games you should receive immunity from violating TOS and EULA that other players are bound to?

Obviously you didn't read the thread or Blizzard's response just now. Thanks bye.
I think that only the dupers should've been rolled back or better yet banned. Maybe people who traded large amounts to other players.

Maybe a better way of auditing? I seriously think I got tagged because my account had like 1B to begin with.

I mean, if I'm BUYING gems instead of SELLING them, it's pretty obvious that I wasn't in on it.

For some reason everyone on these forums believes everything that comes out of Blizzard's mouth is a lie... yet they believe any Joe with no credentials what so ever that posts on the forums... chances are most of these people crying on the forums about their accounts aren't telling you everything they did last Tuesday.

Obviously you didn't read the thread or Blizzard's response just now. Thanks bye.

LOL wat? That doesn't change the fact that you think because you bought all the games you get special treatment. What is the likely outcome of their continued investigation? The same thing it is right now.
05/15/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Excalibur
What makes you think we want dedicated auction house flippers to continue "Playing" this game? They just ruin the economy...

This. Blizz probably cares more about the WoW subscriptions and RMAH transactions then the culpability of the OP. The economy is better off w/o full time flippers like the OP. Got burned playing AH-Flipper-3000 and QQ's. Yup, lost all that time invested...flipping what other people farmed... Expects sympathy.... Violates the RMAH ToS and wants to be rewarded for it? Heck, I lost 400 milllion doing domething legitimate, buying low end gems and crafting them into higher end gems and had an inventory full when the AH went down. Don't see me QQing all over the forums do you? Nope, I took a risk that prices would fluctuate by the time I'd crafted them. I lost. But, I actually play the game, which buffers my risk. Lose everything? Start over anew. Playing the game...
Edited by Secoya#1108 on 5/15/2013 5:28 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]