Diablo® III

failed to download a required file. Please ch

Diablo 3 does not work!

When I start the launcher I get:
"failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again"

then the launcher closes. Using PC Win 7. Worked fine until server update by Blizzard a few days ago now can't even launch. Region is Asia. (Oceania)

I tried to manually download the update file nothing worked. Tried multiple restarts and disable anti virus, tried reset of router multiple times. Nothing worked.
Reply Quote
http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/SEA/

Open the link then download the file indicated there and follow the instructions. I had the same problem.
Reply Quote
Tried it already, doesn't work for me
Reply Quote
Just to be more clear, I have already tried to download DiabloIII.tfil and mfil manually and run the launcher again. It does not work. The launcher replaces those files with new ones that are 0kb everytime
Reply Quote
-
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/15/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had tried KR and TWN. They don't work! this is frustrating. Will someone from blizzard help us please!
Edited by rEXEl#1487 on 5/9/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here. I tried all region tfil files also tried deleting update folder.
Reply Quote
-
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/15/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i tried this, but it just updated the launcher, then it still failed to download the file. what exactly is happening to AS server?!
Reply Quote
I have the same utterly ridiculous problem. I have:

Downloaded all region .tfil files into the Diablo 3 folder
Deleted the Updates folder
Uninstalled and reinstalled game.

Nothing. Please check your internet connection. So frustrating. Can Blizzard reps please sort this clearly widespread problem out???

Having played games for over 30 years since Pong, this is easily the shoddiest, stupidest piece of work I have ever owned.
Reply Quote
You all have the enSG client, right? The issue is on Blizzard's side. Once again...

You could change the region to Americas, patch the game, then change the region to Asia and skip the launcher until it's fixed.

1. Create a shortcut to Diablo III.exe with -launch to skip the launcher:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launchhttp://images.patchup.info/D3ShortcutWindows.png

2. Launch Diablo III using the shortcut you just created and change the region to Americas.
3. Close the game, open the launcher, and patch the game.
4. Launch the game, change the region to Asia and play the game.

Keep using the shortcut from step one until Blizzard fixes this.
Reply Quote
I tried that and got "streaming failure" "diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to download, patch, and repair files. Please check tour connection settings"

I can stream youtube and I have no firewall on.
Reply Quote
I tried that and got "streaming failure" "diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to download, patch, and repair files. Please check tour connection settings"

I can stream youtube and I have no firewall on.

Download this Diablo III.mfil and put it in your Diablo III folder.

http://patchup.info/files/d3/mfil/2013-05-07-SEA-16416-CEC009D1A171190A088790400CE4E4D0-BFCBFB/Diablo%20III.mfil

You can also get it from here:
http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/SEA/

(Click on Diablo III.mfil then on mfil)
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/9/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This worked for me.
Reply Quote
Why cant blizzard just fix this.. I have reached my wits end with this!! Why do i have do download this.. or upgrade that!! Especially since I am not computer literate!! I have tried all the suggestions made above and STILL cant get in.. do they even care? And if it wasnt for guys like you giving advice I would have just uninstalled this game never to come back.. i will wait until they fix the issue..
Reply Quote
The -launch didn't work for me. It just freezes so I can't even get into it to change the region. Blizzard seem to be blaming me for it not working. Even though I had no major troubles until a few days ago and I had changed nothing at all on my PC.
Reply Quote
Tried to launch using a different ISP and still did not work, still getting the same message.
Reply Quote
OK new fix that just worked for me.

Delete battle.net and Blizzard folders under Program Data folder.
Then I launched using alternate ISP.

So far game has loaded but same happened to me last time and crashed after about an hour.
Reply Quote
Tried everything mentioned above... thank you for all of your input... but still no success. This occurred immediately after the latest update came through... so obviously a fault with the new patch. It's now been 3 days and withdrawal symptoms are starting to appear. I assume that the developers are frantically trying to resolve the issue so will wait... but how difficult would it be for a brief note to appear on this thread from the developers saying 'we are working on it' and 'sorry for the inconvenience'?
Just a bit of common courtesy to your customers would go a long way and cost you nothing.
Reply Quote
i also have the same problem after installed new patch 1.08 and tried everything that mentioned above, but unfortunately is not working for me. Blizzard, please fix it up or is there anyone has a perfect solve for this problem? really appreciate it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]