Diablo® III

Farewell Men - Zee Here

currently on a friend's account that quit.

Just wanted to say it was fun dueling all you guys.

I goofed during the gold dupe crisis and now my main's banned. Oh well, ain't tripping ... I knew the price .... and at the end you win some you lose some.

Was contemplating for longest time to quit but I suppose this did the trick. Maybe I'll come back once there's a proper pvp system/community.

Until then, hit me up ZeeOrly on jsp or Zeezor on Marvel Heroes

Cheers,
Z.
Edited by Doaxxe#1437 on 5/10/2013 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At least your efforts went to benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, which is a good thing! But yeah, was fun dueling with you. Take care.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 5/11/2013 2:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm very sorry that had to happen Zee. I hope to see you returning soon.

T_T
Reply Quote
Gonna miss the time we brawl and all those practice sessions.

I guess many long time players (who stayed in D3 when GW2, TL2, POE was out) got caught in this wave.

If you ever return, remember to look us up.
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear Zee.
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear that Zee, it was fun dueling. Take care.
Reply Quote
So sorry to hear that. I enjoyed every round of dueling with you.
I wish Blizzard team could get dueling ladder system in the near future so we can duel again.

Take care!
Reply Quote
Sad to see you go, I wonder if same happened to mystical! This is a big loss to the already dwindling ranks of top DHs.

Quoting my favorite DH line, I stand alone~ :(
Reply Quote
Come play LoL with me and lornazondiac then! Btw
Reply Quote
yep, I'm perma banned as well

those 415 players or whatever that were perma'd, I bet you they're basically banning their most active players, lol

Zee summed it up nicely:

Was contemplating for longest time to quit but I suppose this did the trick.

edit: 10/10 bug, no regrets, would do it again
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 5/11/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In the same boat as Zee and Mystical, it's been fun playing with everyone here, perhaps I'll see you all when the expansion comes out!
Reply Quote
Oh man.

1.08 added many social aspect that is good.

But 1.08 also killed social aspect for many top active players around me.

In Diablo2, I learnt trading aspect and it helped me a lot in my real life adventures.

Many lessons learnt from this 1.08. Especially on social aspect. How people should be treated and handled. I believe it will be as useful to me in real life as what I have learnt from Diablo2.

You guys will be missed.
Reply Quote
lol i suppose I will check LoL out if i'm really bored

Myst - sorry to see you're banned also, shouldn't have dragged you into this lol

Gum - the one and only Harry Potter is now no longer :(

I mean this was a delicate situation and how blizz handled it was fair ... but could've been better ...

I get the whole 0 tolerance to hacking/exploitation ... but they could have just have rolled back the 415 accounts (to which our items would be BoA) ... but I think most would be okay with that (I know I would).

However by perma-banning their most loyal players who still spends $$ on the game and also top streamers who promotes the game will be detrimental in the long run .... but of course this is assuming that the game can last another 6 months.

TL;DR - D3 is a game to be treated as a past-time. It is a game that's designed for mediocrity to satisfy the majority. Competitive element suggestions will probably be continuously ignored.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Doaxxe
Maybe I'll come back once there's a proper pvp system/community.

You know, something is not right about saying this after you're banned for duping.
Reply Quote
Sux to see this happen to you Zee.

We had a lot of great duels together and practice sessions with each other.

Hope you will return one day.

Look me up bro when you do.

Peace
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 12:33 AMPosted by aniruddha
Maybe I'll come back once there's a proper pvp system/community.

You know, something is not right about saying this after you're banned for duping.

I don't see anything wrong with what Zee has stated. It is pretty clear to me that he has learnt from his mistake and is moving on.

People do make mistakes and if they learn from it and never to repeat again, that is a very good outcome.

Everybody deserves a second chance unless the wrong doing is so serious that lives are involved.

05/14/2013 07:06 AMPosted by hpfreak
Bye, dont let door hit ya on your way out cheater

I don't know why you are doing this over here. Maybe it makes you feel good.

But what I see in this thread is that Zee (and other friends that got banned) have made many online friends and we are sad that they have to leave. This pretty much shows that they are well liked by the people bidding farewell. Me included.

What they did is likely to be committed by many other people.

Imagine a truck loaded with hard cash overturned. The money were flying all over the place. There are thousands of people at the scene when this happened. What do you think will happen next?

Anyway, we are bidding farewell to our online friends. I will personally appreciate that you do not disturb us.
Reply Quote

I don't see anything wrong with what Zee has stated. It is pretty clear to me that he has learnt from his mistake and is moving on.

People do make mistakes and if they learn from it and never to repeat again, that is a very good outcome.

Everybody deserves a second chance unless the wrong doing is so serious that lives are involved.

05/14/2013 07:06 AMPosted by hpfreak
Bye, dont let door hit ya on your way out cheater

I don't know why you are doing this over here. Maybe it makes you feel good.

But what I see in this thread is that Zee (and other friends that got banned) have made many online friends and we are sad that they have to leave. This pretty much shows that they are well liked by the people bidding farewell. Me included.

What they did is likely to be committed by many other people.

Imagine a truck loaded with hard cash overturned. The money were flying all over the place. There are thousands of people at the scene when this happened. What do you think will happen next?

Anyway, we are bidding farewell to our online friends. I will personally appreciate that you do not disturb us.

that's a poor analogy - in your example cash is not created and doesn't affect the relative wealth of others - whereas gold duping affects everyone through hyperinflation..and for gold duping there's a risk to be taken..you don't dupe and expect to get away with a warning..

anyway he has a second chance....he could just use another account or something :)
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 5/14/2013 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

that's a poor analogy - in your example cash is not created and doesn't affect the relative wealth of others - whereas gold duping affects everyone through hyperinflation..and as mystical said there's a risk to be taken..you don't dupe and expect to get away with a warning..

anyway he has a second chance....he could just use another account or something :)

Maybe it is a poor analogy but this truck is carrying cash from your local bank with your savings (you just went to deposit $10000) in it. This truck is also carrying 50% of it's cash holding. Now, what will happen when all this money is lost? Does it affect the relative wealth of others?

In the scenario that I have painted, people will go forward to grab as much $ as they can. Some will not for fear of law enforcers coming to them.

Sure enough, law enforcers arrived. Caught the people who grabbed the $. Some got away. This is what I am trying to illustrate.

What happened in RMAH is that it is "printing" a lot of gold. Some people grabbed it and they got caught and were banned. Some people profited from these "free" gold by flipping gems and they get to keep the gold.

Surely, there is inflation in the auction houses now but give it enough time. When nobody is paying for that inflated price, sellers will have to lower it.

What do you expect? Even without this dupe "fiesta", the $0.25 per 10 million gold would have the same effect anyway.

And of course they are given a second chance. This is why we are welcoming them back if they so choose to. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]