Diablo® III

Farewell Men - Zee Here

that's a poor analogy - in your example cash is not created and doesn't affect the relative wealth of others - whereas gold duping affects everyone through hyperinflation..and as mystical said there's a risk to be taken..you don't dupe and expect to get away with a warning..

anyway he has a second chance....he could just use another account or something :)

Maybe it is a poor analogy but this truck is carrying cash from your local bank with your savings (you just went to deposit $10000) in it. This truck is also carrying 50% of it's cash holding. Now, what will happen when all this money is lost? Does it affect the relative wealth of others?

In the scenario that I have painted, people will go forward to grab as much $ as they can. Some will not for fear of law enforcers coming to them.

Sure enough, law enforcers arrived. Caught the people who grabbed the $. Some got away. This is what I am trying to illustrate.

What happened in RMAH is that it is "printing" a lot of gold. Some people grabbed it and they got caught and were banned. Some people profited from these "free" gold by flipping gems and they get to keep the gold.

Surely, there is inflation in the auction houses now but give it enough time. When nobody is paying for that inflated price, sellers will have to lower it.

What do you expect? Even without this dupe "fiesta", the $0.25 per 10 million gold would have the same effect anyway.

And of course they are given a second chance. This is why we are welcoming them back if they so choose to. :)

First off, the bank still owes me $ (and there's usually deposit insurance even if the bank fails to pay), so i am not affected and thus your analogy still fails
Secondly, i didn't think gem flippers should get to keep their gold either, but at least it's not a bannable offence to me
i don't know what "same effect" you are talking about though - but i think its pointless to pvp on forums
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 5/14/2013 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

First off, the bank still owes me $ (and there's usually deposit insurance even if the bank fails to pay), so i am not affected and thus your analogy still fails
Secondly, i didn't think gem flippers should get to keep their gold either, but at least it's not a bannable offence to me
i don't know what "same effect" you are talking about though - but i think its pointless to pvp on forums

Banks can default when they don't have the cash to pay to the people. When this happen, the government will have to step in. And there is only so much the government can do. Someone has to take the lose somewhere.

And I agree. Gem flippers are just traders. They don't have to be banned but the gold did leak out to people who didn't exploit.

Anyway, I am just stating that it is a situation that greed easily can sink in and take over a person's sensible mind. You don't have to agree with me. :)

It probably got a little off topic as this is still after all, a farewell thread to bid farewell to fellow PvP peers so let's get back to topic.
Reply Quote
Hope to see you Zee in future gaming. Great practice sessions creating builds and refining them. Peace
Reply Quote
Cheaters get stitches =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]