Diablo® III

Wow....I am banned....permanently?

(Locked)

This is sheer madness. Ban the dupers, I totally agree. But banning innocent opportunists who just want to play the game legitimately? That's absurd.

Shame on you, Blizzard. Shame on you. D3 is pretty much dead. If not because the economy is shot, then because you're destroying any and all customer loyalty/support you had left by banning innocent people on shaky ground at best.

I'm not even affected by this crap and you're making me sick.

Minus the "this game is dead" part, I pretty much agree. They handled this whole ordeal atrociously, and while I wasn't effected by it directly (minus being locked out of the AH and having to deal with the inflated prices like everyone else), it offends my sense of equity as well.

Had I decided to sell some gems that day, and had my account suspended, then had my gear account bound for absolutely no reason except using their AH to sell gear, they would have very quickly found themselves short one customer. I'm still speechless that they thought this was a better way to handle it than a simple 4-6 hour rollback. Having spoken to several software engineers, I've reached the conclusion that for reasons unbeknownst to me, they simply couldn't effectuate a basic rollback, because that's the only thing that makes any sense.
Edited by Exile#1863 on 5/12/2013 4:46 PM PDT
View profile
You cheated and got caught.That is how it happened.

Enjoy

He saw a price go down and decided to buy up what he could to resell when the price went up -- Likely without ANY idea of what the hell was going on.
I didn't know that any of this crap was going down until today. Luckily I never checked radiant star prices or I would have done the same damn thing.

To give your feeble mind a better idea of it: Imagine if you saw a FANTASTIC Manticore with 1300 DPS, 200 Dex, Hungering bonus, etc. etc. for a 50k buyout. What would you do? That's right, BUY THE THING! And then if you're not going to use it because, say, you're a Barbarian, then you would resell it for a massive profit.

This is the same situation. A player saw an opportunity to make gold, and did so.

Blizzard can't lob around the banhammer under the premise that we should have known that there was a bug going around, thus we should have not bought X item for what appeared to be an excellent profit.

This is sheer madness. Ban the dupers, I totally agree. But banning innocent opportunists who just want to play the game legitimately? That's absurd.

Shame on you, Blizzard. Shame on you. D3 is pretty much dead. If not because the economy is shot, then because you're destroying any and all customer loyalty/support you had left by banning innocent people on shaky ground at best.

Shaky ground, not when gems would shoot up in price well beyond what would be normal for a patch like this. This patch contained no fixes for itemization. No new recipes that use RS gems. So there was no reason for them to shoot up into the stars. Anyone's gut feeling should've told them something was up.

Also there were those that sold those gems knew about the gold dupe and were going through the cycle of buying up RS gems to sell them for a huge profit when prices were low. So not everyone that sold gems were ignorant of what was going on. When Blizz notices that someone knowingly took part in the gold dupe, by trying to profit from it. Even though they did not dupe it themselves then they to will receive the punishment that they deserve. There is nothing that will justify their actions.
View profile

Minus the "this game is dead" part, I pretty much agree. They handled this whole ordeal atrociously, and while I wasn't effected by it directly (minus being locked out of the AH and having to deal with the inflated prices like everyone else), it offends my sense of equity as well.

Had I decided to sell some gems that day, and had my account suspended, then had my gear account bound for absolutely no reason except using their AH to sell gear, they would have very quickly found themselves short one customer. I'm still speechless that they thought this was a better way to handle it than a simple 4-6 hour rollback. Having spoken to several software engineers, I've reached the conclusion that for reasons unbeknownst to me, they simply couldn't effectuate a basic rollback, because that's the only thing that makes any sense.

Now take your account and the fact that your gear is now BoA. Multiply it by hundreds of thousands of times to millions of times if you had a full rollback of all accounts. Now you would have thousands of players with absolutely worthless gear. Gear that they paid good money for. Gear that they bought long before the fiasco. That is the other reason that they will not do a rollback.
05/12/2013 08:55 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Multiply it by hundreds of thousands of times to millions of times if you had a full rollback of all accounts.

If they rolledback the entire server, no one's gear would of been BoA.

Can't dupe gear when you rollback 100% of the accounts.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 5/12/2013 9:02 PM PDT
If you want gold, you should buy the gold directly.
It is 25 cents per million.

Buy gems and sell for gold is illegal.

wow, are you listening to youself?

Buy gems from RMAH - Legal - Checked
Sell gems on GAH - Legal - Checked.

So what makes buying gems and selling it for gold illegal???

He saw a price go down and decided to buy up what he could to resell when the price went up -- Likely without ANY idea of what the hell was going on.
I didn't know that any of this crap was going down until today. Luckily I never checked radiant star prices or I would have done the same damn thing.

To give your feeble mind a better idea of it: Imagine if you saw a FANTASTIC Manticore with 1300 DPS, 200 Dex, Hungering bonus, etc. etc. for a 50k buyout. What would you do? That's right, BUY THE THING! And then if you're not going to use it because, say, you're a Barbarian, then you would resell it for a massive profit.

This is the same situation. A player saw an opportunity to make gold, and did so.

Blizzard can't lob around the banhammer under the premise that we should have known that there was a bug going around, thus we should have not bought X item for what appeared to be an excellent profit.

Shaky ground, not when gems would shoot up in price well beyond what would be normal for a patch like this. This patch contained no fixes for itemization. No new recipes that use RS gems. So there was no reason for them to shoot up into the stars. Anyone's gut feeling should've told them something was up.

Also there were those that sold those gems knew about the gold dupe and were going through the cycle of buying up RS gems to sell them for a huge profit when prices were low. So not everyone that sold gems were ignorant of what was going on. When Blizz notices that someone knowingly took part in the gold dupe, by trying to profit from it. Even though they did not dupe it themselves then they to will receive the punishment that they deserve. There is nothing that will justify their actions.

Everyone knew what was going on, people were posting in game chat. That's is what drove players to the AH to sell gems in the first place.
FACT: it took more than 2B to dupe gold
So all these innocent players were not just trying to capitalize on gems going up, they were trying to make 2B so they can then start to make some real gold off the exploit.

Most of you guys are guilty as HELL.
All you guys who bought gems in the RMAH and resold them to the GAH for duped golds got what you deserved !!

The thing that you need to understand is that theses gems that you sold for 40-50 millions each was bought with DUPED GOLDS by the gold dupers !!

This is what happened, so Stay a while and Listen :

1- The dupers bought all the gems in the GAH,
    2- The dupers relisted them on the RMAH for cheap,
    3- The innocent guy bought the gems in the RMAH for cheap,
    4- The innocent guy then relisted them in the GAH for a higher amount of gold due to gold duped inflation
    5- The gems on the GAH was bought once again by those Gold dupers who had an infinite amount of gold thanks to the dupes
    6- And the process repeats in an infinite loop !!

So basically, everyone who was involved in selling Gems for duped golds are banned or got the BOA treatment.

Blizzard can do whatever they want with your account to restore things in the economy. In order to remove the duped gold, they had to reverse your gems transactions that involved duped golds. So you lost your real money AND your duped golds.

So because of greed, you got punished for that, you are indeed banned permanently.

Enough with all the whining. Learn your lesson and move on !!

Good job Blizzard !!
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 5/12/2013 10:29 PM PDT
If you want gold, you should buy the gold directly.
It is 25 cents per million.

Buy gems and sell for gold is illegal.

wow, are you listening to youself?

Buy gems from RMAH - Legal - Checked
Sell gems on GAH - Legal - Checked.

So what makes buying gems and selling it for gold illegal???

Read my comment above !!
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 5/12/2013 10:26 PM PDT
I'd be happy honestly If I were you. Blizzard just saved you time you would waste on this horrible bi-product.
Great. The gem traders sound just like stock market traders. As if the trading were more important than the game. Oh right, it is now, because the game component has went to crap.
View profile
05/12/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Multiply it by hundreds of thousands of times to millions of times if you had a full rollback of all accounts.

If they rolledback the entire server, no one's gear would of been BoA.

Can't dupe gear when you rollback 100% of the accounts.

Look you missed an important point that I said. I said that the BoA is written into the rollback feature in such a way. Where it has no on and off switch at all. I did not see them say that the BoA was only gonna be for individual rollbacks. Now if you can show me otherwise then I will stand corrected. Until then I will still believe that the BoA would still happen if all accounts were rolled back.
05/12/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Magister
Great. The gem traders sound just like stock market traders. As if the trading were more important than the game. Oh right, it is now, because the game component has went to crap.

Diablo series games have always been 80% trading + 20% farming.
05/13/2013 02:40 AMPosted by Darlynn

Diablo series games have always been 80% trading + 20% farming.
I wonder what the chances are that Blizz saw the chat logs and OP was saying stuff like:

"HEY GUYS THERE'S DUPED GOLD GOING INTO THE AH GEM PRICES ARE WAY UP I'M SELLING THE **** OUT OF MINE"
i call bs on all accounts of these people doing no wrong. blizz COULD ban you for no reason but that doesnt really do them any good to do so. the database info does not lie. if it showed YOU exploited the bug in some way then you did end of story. it gets old reading these posts of " i didnt do anything wrong? how did i know gems wernt worth 300m gold?" its a common sense thing and even bliz is smart enough to see through the rouse. gl to you on your new d3 account bros maybe this time you will use that noggen of yours before you think no punishment will be handed out for ill play.
I wonder what the chances are that Blizz saw the chat logs and OP was saying stuff like:

"HEY GUYS THERE'S DUPED GOLD GOING INTO THE AH GEM PRICES ARE WAY UP I'M SELLING THE **** OUT OF MINE"

This +1

The amount of players who just happened to be checking the sale price of gems during those hours are very low.

The amount of players that read in chat and on forums about people duping gold and gem prices out of control = majority.

Take your punishment like a man and quit crying so much. honestly, you got off light.
You said you have no rmah history. Ok. but you had 14b gold before 1.0.8 and made 7 b from selling gems during the gold dupe meaning you had 200 rad gems (if 35 mil each) lol that's alot. You prob bought some gold from 3rd party site in order to start flipping items. Blizz investigates your gah and rmah history doesn't find a reason for you to have 14 b gold (maybe unlikely but still a possible reason). Point is selling 200 rad gems is considered abusing an exploit, whether you knew one existed or not.
Support Forum Agent
Hi all, through reading the posts here I see that while some of you have had the accounts reviewed, others may have not yet asked for our assistance. As ever, we do encourage you to let us know if you have any questions. Although we're not always able to go into specific detail about why an account action may have happened, we'll do our best to provide as much detail as possible and/or address any further concerns in regards to the account.

If you have an account that you would like us to review, please submit the ticket here, and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Araxom
Edited by Araxom on 5/13/2013 11:52 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]